First week...

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
Ok so realistically if I'm eating about 1300-1500 calories a day & everything below 5% fat is the xen likely to make me loose any more weight than if I wasn't on it..... My normal weight loss on any diet is only about 1.5lb a week which for someone of my size is crap! I'd love to see something good although I'm weighing in kg cos it seems smaller amount to lose if that makes sense.....

I have been off exercise for last few weeks. Due to injury of my achilies heel.. I have been better at sticking to my cal range 1500-1800 and have still lost weight 1.1ks in a mth. My Aim is 2kgs a mth minimum, with exercise.. I normally do 3 zumba classes a week. So was really happy to still lose and have not done much apart from hse work.

So I think your answer is yes it will be worth it!

morning.. :mad:)
any loss is a good loss! if you stick to what your doing, in a few weeks time you will be looking back and the weight your at now will be a distant memory!!
its truly amazing reading back through your posts from a few months ago.. know mine are mostly daft silly posts but the moaning i was doing about small weight losses was over 2 stone ago!!!..
so good luck and well done.... x

Thanks girls I know any loss is a loss but I've got about 7 stone minimum to lose so seeing 1.5lb losses is really disheartening. I suppose that's a stone in just over 2 months though isn't it.... Why oh why can't we magically wake up several stone lighter then work really hard for the rest. Suppose the better question is why oh why did I get so fat!!!!

Lexie. 2 1/2 years ago I was 19:3 :( I am now 14:12 :)
It's slow work and hard work but I will eventually get to 12:0. I should be 11 or lower but I'm going to wait and see.
Persevere. I do. I only lose little bits at a time and 1 1/2 lb to me would be fantastic. It goes down. Don't get disheartened just see every lb as the next step downwards.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The statistics show the slower the loss the mre likely you are to maintain your target weight.

90% of people regain the weight they loose!! Xx

The statistics show the slower the loss the mre likely you are to maintain your target weight.

90% of people regain the weight they loose!! Xx
yep this is true, fad diets that make you lose too quickly dont work because people get fed up of living on milkshakes and not eating real food, so they go back to eating and put all the weight back on again.
At least with xenical you are training yourself to reduce your fat intake so for in the future when you have lost the weight you want to lose you can mantain it by using the good habits you have practised in the meantime. x

I've found though even whn I had a
Month off - eating off my diet not caring I still managed a 3lb loss!! That was without thinking just how's it's taken me ages but it's now habit :) xxx

thanks girlies, that is so true, believe me I have fad dieted so many times but this time its for life.

Am actually quite proud of myself cos am such an emotional eater & got some big things going on right now but I am still completely 100% focussed!

thanks girlies, that is so true, believe me I have fad dieted so many times but this time its for life.

Am actually quite proud of myself cos am such an emotional eater & got some big things going on right now but I am still completely 100% focussed!
You go girl :)
Im a comfort eater when things go wrong but the feeling after choosing not to comfort eat is a lot better than the feeling of stuffing your face silly and then still feeling crap afterwards x

You should be proud of what you're doing and acheiving. A good, healthy weight loss of 1-2lbs a week is what it is recommended by experts, to maintain a healthy body. Slow and steady will win the race, you're more likely to keep the weight off by loosing it slowly, and you're more likely to understand about your body and weight loss along the way and change your lifestyle for the better, plus your body will change shape to, and you're morely likely to acheive something a good shape and tone with loosing slowly too.

It's a good idea to take measurement, hips, waist and bust mainly but also bingo wings and thighs too if you'd like. There are times when we won't loose for a week, plateau etc but we change shape and loose inches instead .

I'm starting to think that all xen will do is keep me on the straight & narrow which is a great thing. I'm so so scared of the tango man getting me at work!!!

Back