First weekend - Done!

hayleyw

well nearly... had my first weekend on LL and it has gone ok. Have stuck to it 100%, haven't felt too hungry and feel back to normal in terms of my health!

But in my head i'm still not used to it - i know i have to give it time but I still feel like I'm 'missing out' as I'm not eating. I've had the 'perfect' weekend - picked up my new car, went away for the evening last night as it's 5yrs since my man and I met, gorgeous weather etc but I'm grumpy! Really wanted to stop at a country pub on the way home for a glass of wine and a pub lunch and just can't accept that I can't! Anyway, sorry for the long moan - just felt the need to vent!

a very grumpy H x x

Hi Hayley,

well done on staying strong!

I have nearly finished my 4th week, and, believe me, I have wanted to do what we used to do as we have been away for 2 weekends.

But, I didn't, and it has made it easier for me as I stayed strong in the first week.

Now I have come this far, I know I can keep going....it's going to make me slimmer and there will always be pubs for lunch...just think, you will be glad of what you are doing now by next summer when you are sitting in the sun having your pub lunch in your smaller clothes! xx :)

exactly laydeebug!
there will be thousands of other times you can visit a pub hayley ...its not for ever, its just for now!

well done on your first weekend and try to feel up not down!

daisy x

exactly laydeebug!
there will be thousands of other times you can visit a pub hayley ...its not for ever, its just for now!

well done on your first weekend and try to feel up not down!

daisy x

what she said ! it's not forever....it's YOUR CHOICE for now....to get back to where you want to be.....

all the things you miss right now will still be there when you're slimmer and even more gorgeous !!!

Debz xx

Well done Hayley, the first weekend is the worst! It soon gets easier and you should be into ketosis by now which makes it easier still. I just thought that as much as I wanted the pub lunch/glass of wine, I was only on this for a short time, and pub lunches/dinners/wine etc were not endangered species, they would all be there for me upon my return to conventional food.

Well done you!

Jez
xx

Well done on staying strong H!

Those feelings of missing out will go away if you work at it - the sessions you do each week will help you adjust your thinking when it comes to things like that.

We feel we are "missing out" because we still associate food with fun, or pleasure, or a favourite activity. Once you have done some more CBT+TA, you'll start to change your thinking towards food, away from fun and towards nutrition; this is how most "naturally" slim people think off food, as energy required to function, not as a cure for boredom or an enjoyable hobby.

You might even get to the point where you feel empowered by being able to say "I'm not eating" when other's are - that's when you know you are on the right track :)

thanks Pete, you have given me another light bulb moment, so good I've stolen it!

grats on the first weekend Hayley, it does get easier, although there will inevitability be ups and downs on the way!

I still feel like I'm 'missing out' as I'm not eating..... Really wanted to stop at a country pub on the way home for a glass of wine and a pub lunch and just can't accept that I can't!

Hayley! Well done on getting through your first weekend (and anniversary)! :love:

I found the best way to get through the first few days was to just grit my teeth and get on with it. It can feel rubbish at first, but you got through it! Go you! :happy096:

As everyone else has said, it does get much easier. And pubs and wine and yummy food will still be there when your 14 weeks are up.

And the thing is, it's not that you're "not allowed" those things - you totally are.

You could choose to eat, but you've chosen not to, just for this little while.

And why have you chosen not to? Because you're in control, not your cravings, and this choice is going to lead to you enjoying your next anniversary slimmer, happier and feeling 100 times better about yourself.

Which will make any meal taste 100 times better :)

Hang in there, and well done!

Last edited:
Well done H
it gets easier and easier
and
when compliments come you'll know your succeeding
and not just that you'll feel and look great too

Thanks everyone for the supportive words! Sorry to be so moany - I will be ok!

Will keep you posted with how it goes tonight but hopefully i will be posting as a happy bunny come 9.30pm.....

Thanks again

H x x x

Hi Hayley

Great to hear your first week has gone OK - from now on it will be plain sailing!
Can't wait to hear your news tonight.
I went to Blackpool for the weekend on week 3 and watched my OH and children eat their meals and honestly was not tempted at all - i only felt awkward not joining in!
It does get easier as the weeks go on - you will do it.
Milli x

Back