First weeks weigh in and I GAINED .5 lb!

needtoslim

How gutted am I? Stuck to the plan 100%.
Not a sniff of anything off plan. Not even a boiled sweet.
And I GAINED 1/2 lb! I am absolutely gutted!:cry:
xx

I haven't Allie, I'm afraid. But I did one on paper to give to my SW consultant and she said I had done everything right. Lots of Superfree and free. I feel SO deflated and when I called into the shop to pick up something for my little boy, I was SO tempted to get myself a bottle of wine and a massive bar of choc but resisted temptation!
On the up side, my little boy was at the meeting and joined in a game and the raffle and won both! So I came away with 2 packs of mincemeat bars and the new Christmas Extra Easy cookery book - And I was going to buy the book and 2 pks of bars anyway!
Glass half full and all that!
xx

How were you eating before? Perhaps your body needs some time to adjust. If you ate loads of fruit and veg you may be retaining a bit of water... It will go

Well done on resisting the choc and wine, that's the kind of attitude that will get you to goal in no time!
I bet next week you have a great loss!

Please don't panic, and don't give up!!!!

I gained 1 lb in my first week... Gutted does not even come close to describing how it feels. I stayed on plan....

Then.... the second week I lost 5 lb!!!.....

Now, it's 13 months later and I'm 4 1/2 stone lighter...

Just keep going!!!!

Thanks everyone.
Its so hard though when I know I really did try.
I weighed my HE's and although my Syns were quite low, my SWC reckoned I would be OK as my diet was so balanced. I dont really do sweet stuff on a day to day basis so was struggling to get my Syns in. I am more of a fruit and savoury person but by the time I had scarfed down 3 good meals I was pretty much stuffed. I havent had my HE B yet and I am not vaguely hungry so I will have it in a SW mincemeat bar later. But then I have had no syns, so I shall have a hot choc but thats only 2 syns so I feel I have to eat purely for the sake of it. Surely adding oil to my cooking just to up my Syns wouldnt make any difference in the grand scheme of things?
Oh Pants.
I'm fed up!
xx

I know it's just a turn of phrase but I'm just trying to suggest ideas....if you're really feeling so full then perhaps you should try and have a bit less at your 3 meals.... You can always gave more in half an hour or so if you're still hungry. You are meant to stop at that 'just ok' rather than 'ooooooh, loosen me belt' stage and if you're anything like me, if it's on my plate I'm eating it even if I'm unsure where I've got left to put it.

As for your syns, I wouldn't eat them for the sake of it but you should try and get them in...they don't gave to be used for treats, sauces, dried fruit, nuts etc??

Hi Lisa.
Thanks, yes, I shall try and add them in as I go. Fruity cous cous etc.
I think my head may still be in WW where you eat as much as humanly possible thats 'free'! LOL
Definitely not caving in though.
I told my husband that what I would really like, when I have lost some weight, is some new gorgeous lingerie, a fab outfit and a night away in a luxury hotel - stuff we haven't done since the Small came along. (Small is going to his Big sisters!)
So, he has upped the anti and lobbed in flights and a few days in paris! (Mind you, he said he would do it all without the weight loss, bless him, but I intend to slink down the Seine looking Glam!)
xx

Have you given a thought to the time of the month?? I can gain a few pound in water retention weight when I am due a period, which goes as soon as it starts :sigh:

You seem to have a fab attitude though, I would have been very tempted to cave in to the consolation wine, so well done on resisting temptation :)

Keep going, and best of luck at your weigh in next week xxxxxxx

Ei Ei!!!! Lol! Slinky undies and Paris? You lucky girl!
You will get the weight off, this plan does work...stick at it and I'm sure Paris will be very oh la la as you slink around in your saucies!! He he xx

Don't get downhearted, the friend that inspired me to do slimming world gained in the first 2 weeks then went on to lose 7st ! It is coming off slowly for me , but it's coming off and i am never hungry:)

LOL! Oh yes, I intend to ooh lala with the best of them!
No, not time of the month - That was LAST WEEK! Grr....
Just been out to do some shopping with a friend and got some of those activia pots and a stack more quark and yoghurts, fruit etc and we stopped for lunch but I stuck with a baked potato with beans on the side (I add a butter bud sachet to the spud before the beans go on) and an undressed salad. Picked up some posh wine for husband but I shall stand firm and not have any!
I will not have a wobbly bum in Paris!
xx

Good luck with it, I am sure you will work out what the prob is and get back on track.
It prob is just your body adjusting. Keep going!!

Thanks bymbo.
I have upped my syns slightly to 8 for the day, had 3 really good meals and both my HE's, so no matter what, I know I am trying.
Tomorrow I have to go clothes and wedding present shopping so that should be a few miles of walking!
xx

Back