Induction First weigh in and lost nothing

Committed

Hello everyone
I am absolutely gutted I have just come off the CD and on to Atkins but after the first week I have stayed exactly the same. I've read the book and feel I am doing everything correctly. I bought some ketone sticks and they are coming up the deepest purple which indicates I'm in ketosis. I would have thought I would lose at least a pound but absolutely nothing. I feel like packing it in and trying something else, as my wedding is fast approaching. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Has anyone tried go lower as that is low carb also? Ps I went on Atkins years ago and lost a lot of weight :-(

It seems to be normal to sts the same when you move from one of the vlcd diets to atkins. This is because you were already in ketosis and therefore dont have the big first week loss of water weight plus body has to get used to eating food again. Most people then find the steady losses go from there.

If you want to check that you are doing it right, then do start a diary and log all your food. It's always worth checking you havent got some unexpected stallers in there or hidden carbs

Good luck!

Can I add that from eating just shakes to eating a quantity of food ... The actual weight of the wood will contribute to that. I believe if you STS you have indeed lost body weight bearing in mind you will have several pounds worth of food at various stages of digestion.

Don't pack it in, imagine where you would be if you were just eating anything.

You have done great, be pleased with yourself and rest assured that week 2 WI will be better. I have done VLCD before, I can attribute half my weight loss from that, but I have hone on to lose much more weight from living a low carb lifestyle.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi C, crikey give your body a break. It isnt going away overnight. Stick with it and start that diary so we can see what you are having and perhaps help out a bit. Keep going!

I totally agree with comments above. If you have been on vlcd and now following Atkins woe then to stay same is fantsstic. Your body is consuming higher amounts of fat and calories and you haven't put on an oz.

Keep at it. I have found rambling on in a diary helps. It focus me on what I have eaten throughout the day and everyone here is very helpful and friendly. :)

Thanks for the advice everyone, I will keep on trying as I'm not missing carbs at all at the moment. I was only on CD for one week my body is probably so confused. I will start a food diary. Thanks again :)

Back