First weigh in and stayed the same

doubletrouble

Can't believe my weigh in this mornng showed I have stayed the same not even an ounce off !!! This is my first week as well, sooo disappointed to say the least :cry:I really don't know what to do now.

My first few days of EE plan didn't go very well as I didn't quite understand it but after that I did exactly what you are supposed to do and had 1/3 of superfree with every meal and had between 5 and 10 syns a day!!!! I haven't even had any nights out or alcohol either.

What should I do, try the EE again or do the red/green days? I am at a loss, not heard of anyone staying the same on their first week !!! Heeelllllllpppp please

Dont give up :) Try a full week on EE and see how you get on! It may take a week or two for your body to lose. Also the reason lots of people have a huge loss in the first week is due to losing water. It all depends on how well you ate before starting SW. Good luck for next week xx

Dont give up :) Try a full week on EE and see how you get on! It may take a week or two for your body to lose. Also the reason lots of people have a huge loss in the first week is due to losing water. It all depends on how well you ate before starting SW. Good luck for next week xx

Thank you, just can't get my head round not losing anything.

Other diets I have tried before I have lost even if it was only a lb but am feeling that I shouldn't be allowed to eat as much as you can!

You are allowed to eat it! As long as you follow the 3rd super free rule and stop eating when you are full you will start losing :) I do EE 90% of the time and i still find it hard to believe i can eat a big fry up or a roast dinner and lose weight :)

Hi hun. I can only imagine how disapointed you are hun but as a serial dieter who has joined SW i cant tell you how many times i can vouch that if you stick to it 100% you will lose weight.

Did you fill in your food diary thingy? I have to fill mine in otherwise i go astray without realising. for me something as simple as filling in that sheet makes the difference from staying the same to losing.

what did your group leader say? was she able to offer any adivse to where things may have gone wrong? do you fully understand it now hun?

Fingers crossed when you go next week your have a super weight loss to boost your confidence in SW and to keep you motivated.

hope this helps hun xxxx

Hi hun. I can only imagine how disapointed you are hun but as a serial dieter who has joined SW i cant tell you how many times i can vouch that if you stick to it 100% you will lose weight.

Did you fill in your food diary thingy? I have to fill mine in otherwise i go astray without realising. for me something as simple as filling in that sheet makes the difference from staying the same to losing.

what did your group leader say? was she able to offer any adivse to where things may have gone wrong? do you fully understand it now hun?

Fingers crossed when you go next week your have a super weight loss to boost your confidence in SW and to keep you motivated.

hope this helps hun xxxx

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it. :)

I don't actually go to meetings I am doing it at home with a friends old books and this forum.

I have just found out today as well that my medication for my thyroid needs increasing, so that will start tomorrow. Wondering now if that could have something to do with it but will put that aside and continue with the EE plan :)

I have just started a diary as of today on the forum so hoping that will help me and if going wrong someone will point it out to me.

x

i hope the change in medication helps hun. ive had weeks when ive been an angel and stayed the same and its heart breaking - big hugs to ya!

have you thought about joining a group? for me i cant lose weight without attending a class weekly. for me there are a number of reasons. firstly if you attend a class you would have the diet explained to you thoroughly and your leader is always at the end of the phone. secondly they are trained to help with any medical conditions you have. obviously i understand for a lot of people there are reasons you aqre unable to attend but as you seem to be stuck in a rut a class may help ya hun xxx

i hope the change in medication helps hun. ive had weeks when ive been an angel and stayed the same and its heart breaking - big hugs to ya!

have you thought about joining a group? for me i cant lose weight without attending a class weekly. for me there are a number of reasons. firstly if you attend a class you would have the diet explained to you thoroughly and your leader is always at the end of the phone. secondly they are trained to help with any medical conditions you have. obviously i understand for a lot of people there are reasons you aqre unable to attend but as you seem to be stuck in a rut a class may help ya hun xxx

Thank you for the hugs, hun.

I don't attend meetings as I have done this in the past and found the leaders don't really want to know and I end up getting impatient with them, lol.

Hopefully once the meds kick in, I'll be able to see a loss but in the meantime I will just continue with the plan. At least that might help as well to not put on any more weight. :)

i must say the key to a good weight loss in a group is all about finding a leader who you can get on with. im lucky where i live i must have 10 or more classes local to me that i can choose from so i have found the right one for me. shes lovely and shes so much help when times are tough! everyones different though and what is effective for me may not be effective for u. hope you find a way to get to your goal. stick to it chick and ur get there xxx

i must say the key to a good weight loss in a group is all about finding a leader who you can get on with. im lucky where i live i must have 10 or more classes local to me that i can choose from so i have found the right one for me. shes lovely and shes so much help when times are tough! everyones different though and what is effective for me may not be effective for u. hope you find a way to get to your goal. stick to it chick and ur get there xxx

I will, thank you.

Good luck to you on your weight loss journey and hope to speak to you soon. :)

xx

I'm due to have my 1st wk weigh in at a class 2moro, earlier in the week when I hadn't quite cracked the 1/3 SF thing, I had a peak & was 2lb down, I had a big 'grill up' on Sunday morning & since then I've been back to the same as when I joined last Tuesday. I know different times of day etc & had my dinner, although quite a light 1 as trying to pee it out for weigh in, but I'm scared I'm going to have the same outcome, and I too have an underactive thyroid. I haven't had my pills for last 4 days as I forgot to collect from chemist (bad I know) but makes me wonder if it's affecting my metabolism? I don't have a high dose of levothyroxine 50mg.

I'm due to have my 1st wk weigh in at a class 2moro, earlier in the week when I hadn't quite cracked the 1/3 SF thing, I had a peak & was 2lb down, I had a big 'grill up' on Sunday morning & since then I've been back to the same as when I joined last Tuesday. I know different times of day etc & had my dinner, although quite a light 1 as trying to pee it out for weigh in, but I'm scared I'm going to have the same outcome, and I too have an underactive thyroid. I haven't had my pills for last 4 days as I forgot to collect from chemist (bad I know) but makes me wonder if it's affecting my metabolism? I don't have a high dose of levothyroxine 50mg.

Hi Hun

First of all, welcome and I really hope you have a weight loss.

Second, get you blooming tablets taken, ha ha :D

The tablets really help keep everything in check, including your metabolism. I currently take 100 mg was on 75mg but have to go again in a few weeks for more blood to see if the new dose is okay or if they have to up it again.

Hopefully both of us will see great weight losses during our journey. Keep in touch as would love to know how you are going :) xx

Hi Hun

First of all, welcome and I really hope you have a weight loss.

Second, get you blooming tablets taken, ha ha :D

The tablets really help keep everything in check, including your metabolism. I currently take 100 mg was on 75mg but have to go again in a few weeks for more blood to see if the new dose is okay or if they have to up it again.

Hopefully both of us will see great weight losses during our journey. Keep in touch as would love to know how you are going :) xx

Hello Ladies!

I have been following SW plan for a couple of years now but in the last 12 months, my weight loss has been up and down like a yo yo. I have not got that much to loose (about 1 1/2 stones in total), but I have really struggled in the last 12 months. Anyway to get to the point, I have just been diagnosed with Under Active Thyriod too and was told by my Doctor that without following the SW or any other healthy eating plan, that my weight would have ballooned. And also, it explains my slow weight loss recently. I am only on 25 mg at the moment but due to to have dosage increased following bloods later this week. So don't give up and can I keep in touch with you too?

Don't be disheartened. It sounds like there are a number of reasons that this could have happened. Personally, I think that sometimes good results can happen the following week, so just stick to it and come on here for lots of support!

Hello Ladies!

I have been following SW plan for a couple of years now but in the last 12 months, my weight loss has been up and down like a yo yo. I have not got that much to loose (about 1 1/2 stones in total), but I have really struggled in the last 12 months. Anyway to get to the point, I have just been diagnosed with Under Active Thyriod too and was told by my Doctor that without following the SW or any other healthy eating plan, that my weight would have ballooned. And also, it explains my slow weight loss recently. I am only on 25 mg at the moment but due to to have dosage increased following bloods later this week. So don't give up and can I keep in touch with you too?

Hi Jam21

I'm glad I have been following the plan as like you stated if I'd hadn't I may have put on last week instead of staying the same....hopefully we'll all start to lose soon once our meds are sorted :)

Would love to keep in touch with you as well and see how you are getting on :D

xx

doubletrouble said:
Hi Jam21

I'm glad I have been following the plan as like you stated if I'd hadn't I may have put on last week instead of staying the same....hopefully we'll all start to lose soon once our meds are sorted :)

Would love to keep in touch with you as well and see how you are getting on :D

xx

No problem at all ! I have been so frustrated in following plan with real ups & downs lately. Too right on the meds issue.....would have been nice to have been finally diagnosed months ago when I really knew that things were "not right", still, that sounds the norm for us thyroid issue sufferers!!! Take care of you & speak soon!

Hello Jam21 & Doubletrouble, fellow underactivethyroiders!

Good & surprising news....I lost 4.5lbs!! Must be down to the different scales & I didn't eat anything after breakfast except for a few satsumas in prep for weigh in.

A different topic, but thyroid related, I was diagnosed about 8 months ago but it all started about 16mths ago when I was at ww, following it & list about 3lvs in 2 months, I was getting extreme mood swings high & low & felt my brain was being pulled up & down, I was suicidal. But I got a 'rash' on my face just like a cluster if red bumps and they've moved round my mouth, chin & ended up just under my nose & never gone, doc has given me a few creams I persist but it's temporary, I stop for a few days, as advised & it's back. My nose is sore from over a year of it, ive asked to see a dermatologist, doc said its not linked to thyroid as hasn't gone, but it all happened at same time?

Hello Jam21 & Doubletrouble, fellow underactivethyroiders!

Good & surprising news....I lost 4.5lbs!! Must be down to the different scales & I didn't eat anything after breakfast except for a few satsumas in prep for weigh in.

A different topic, but thyroid related, I was diagnosed about 8 months ago but it all started about 16mths ago when I was at ww, following it & list about 3lvs in 2 months, I was getting extreme mood swings high & low & felt my brain was being pulled up & down, I was suicidal. But I got a 'rash' on my face just like a cluster if red bumps and they've moved round my mouth, chin & ended up just under my nose & never gone, doc has given me a few creams I persist but it's temporary, I stop for a few days, as advised & it's back. My nose is sore from over a year of it, ive asked to see a dermatologist, doc said its not linked to thyroid as hasn't gone, but it all happened at same time?

Well done, Gero, that is fantastic news.

Hopefully I will be putting my weight losses on here soon, lol.

Not heard of the rash/red bumps before so cannot say if was anything to do with underactive thyroid or the tablets you are taking for it. Does the leaflet with the tablets say anything about what side effects can happen?

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon and keep in touch. :)

xx

Well done, Gero, that is fantastic news.

Hopefully I will be putting my weight losses on here soon, lol.

Not heard of the rash/red bumps before so cannot say if was anything to do with underactive thyroid or the tablets you are taking for it. Does the leaflet with the tablets say anything about what side effects can happen?

Hope it gets sorted out for you soon and keep in touch. :)

xx

Really well done from me too Gero! The most I have ever lost is 3.5lbs - more of a STS to 2lb loser at the best of times (of which there have not been many of late :sigh:). You may want to investigate the after effects of the tablets. I am on a very low start off doseage at the moment and feel OK.

I weigh in tomorrow - hoping for a loss this week (I'll even take 1/2lb off!!).

Back