first weigh in and totally gutted

have just had my first weigh in today and am gutted that have only lost 5lbs. It has so demoralized me I was ready to cheat big time until my daughter stopped me. It was my TOM so maybe that didnt help? Will stick it out for 1 more week, but if less than that next week I think I will give up. I was really wanting to see big losses in the first few weeks to make up for all that I have had to give up! :cry:

Don't feel down about 5lbs, that's a great loss. Everybody is different on this and loses at different rates. You may have a bigger loss next week where others will have a smaller one.

If it's your totm it probably has made a difference so next week you should make up for it.

Please don't give up on LT just yet though, keep going and I bet things get better for you.

Sounds like you have a great daughter too, to be so encouraging!

what ever you do, DONT QUIT the same happen me but only lost 1lb i no exactly how you feel. six weeks later i've lost 25lbs and i just dont know where the time goes! really!:0) the first week i was like how am i gonna stick this!! but its gets easier. good luck!! :0)

I've got to agree with minib, 5lbs is a FANTASTIC loss. Defiantly don't give up, just imagine how many more 1bs are going to drop off. Hang on in there
xxx

thanks for your support guys. I think I was just disappointed because was expecting the first week to be the best (water loss etc) and then a bit less in other weeks.
Yes MiniB my daughter is just a gem isnt she! she heard me open the cupboard and told me I was not allowed to cheat because I would only regret it, wish she could be in my pocket all day!! lol

How big of a loss did you want?
You've just lost 5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is an amazing loss!!!

it's likely you will lose less than 5lbs next week, but then again you might not but if you do do you really want to quit cuz you think your losses arent good enough? Any loss is a good loss! :)

It would be like an athlete quitting because they only won by 5 seconds and wish it was 10 seconds.

You won your first weigh in.

Try putting something in a back pack that weighs 5lbs and carry that around with you. I bet you can't do it for a whole day.

You need to feel and see what 5lbs actually is.

Its a bag of spuds! Imagine that strapped to your tum & bum!!

Its a bit blurry but attached is a picture of what 5lbs looks like! You may need to post some more to see it but you can also google 5lbs fat and look at the images and you will see lots of pictures of what 5lbs looks like!! xx

Attachments

• fatblob.jpg
    fatblob.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 53
Wow well done 5lbs is a great loss.......as already mentioned ....I weighed out the equivalent weight in rice and put it in a tight weaved sock and carried it round with me......go on give it a try and you will be surprised by how much 5lbs of weight really is....

So pleased you have support in the form of your daughter.....nice one !

Keep up the great work and those lbs will soon add up......did you take your before measurements.....you will find on weeks where losses are smaller, you will have lost more inches.......xx

It would be like an athlete quitting because they only won by 5 seconds and wish it was 10 seconds.

You won your first weigh in.

Try putting something in a back pack that weighs 5lbs and carry that around with you. I bet you can't do it for a whole day.

You need to feel and see what 5lbs actually is.

Its a bag of spuds! Imagine that strapped to your tum & bum!!

Its a bit blurry but attached is a picture of what 5lbs looks like! You may need to post some more to see it but you can also google 5lbs fat and look at the images and you will see lots of pictures of what 5lbs looks like!! xx

Rose - Amazing Idea thank you I think that's a great reminder for all of us. I cannot wait to get one of THOSE off me!!

Well done of 5lbs off! On any other diet you would be thrilled - Google "1lb of fat" and look at the pcitures that come up - you've lost 5 times that! Well done and keep up the good work! xxx

Aww Hunny I do understand completely how you feel! My first weeks post was 'I am not a big loser' ha ha!! I lost 6.5lbs and like yourself I felt a bit gutted. I am now into my 4th week and have lost 17lbs so far and I feel fantastic :D

My wieght loss has gone down slightly each week but I have noticed a big difference in my body shape and clothes. I also feel so much healthier and fitter. The scales are only a small part of the journey believe me.

I am going to try to practice what I preach tomorrow as I know I have only lost a couple of pounds. However the difference in how I look and feel from last week is very evident. I have had loads of energy and have been doing loads of exercise. So I must must must put tomorrows weight loss into perspective :p

I know the power of the scales and how much a big weight loss means. But we must not let a number affect our motivation to succeed.

LT Rocks :D

Very well done and good luck for next week xxx

5 lbs is loads! nearly half a stone in only a few days is fantastic. you may get even more the next week anyway, ive seen a few who get 1-5lbs in the first week then loose 5-8 the next, so dont give up!! also if you drank lots of water before the diet (which i didnt) you lose less the first week cos your used to it. thus all your lost weight will be fat not water :)

WOOOHOOOO great stuff me too! Fingers and toes crossed I think I'm not even in ketosis yet I tested yesterday wasn't significant. BEST OF LUCK MISSKYNESTON

? Its a 5lbs loss? What part of that is disappointing? Its a LOSS!

You've got to be realistic about this and stop thinking about 'what you've given up'. What you have given up like what we have all given up is a unhealthy eating regime that has resulted in obesity. You're not going to go back to that are you? If you are, then why do the diet! Its about a long term change, otherwise you'll end up like me, doing the diet for the third time because I didnt learn from my previous mistakes. I might sound harsh and Im sorry but I think your loss is something to be celebrated, not to be upset with.

What you gain from this diet is so much more and you will see this through the next coming weeks when you see your losses week by week and your clothes starting to hang off you! Plus TOTM is a difficult week. I STS last week on my TOTM and was initially annoyed, but on reflection I was just happy that I didnt gain any weight because I was certainly good at that before the diet! lol.

Just keep going. You've done the hard work by getting through the first week and getting in ketosis. Keep coming on here for inspiration and drink plenty of water!

Good luck.

How you doing? x

Back