First weigh in this evening

Gillyanna

So fellow CD'ers. I am now in my 7th day on SS. I started out fine for the first 2/3 days and then I hit the wall on day 4 after a bad week at work and I cheated. I was devastated mainly because I thought after all my hard work I had thrown myself back out of ketosis. However I came straight on here and after some really good support and responses to my anxious email I got back on track straight away. Drank loads of water and carried on.

I had my first weigh in this evening and I have lost 9lbs! I had hoped I would loose at least 5lbs and was secretly hoping for 7lbs so am really chuffed. It's given me the incentive I need to carry on. I think personally I just have to take it one day at a time rather than imagine a future spreading ahead of just shakes and soups because this diet is TOUGH!!

I just wanted to post something though because I have felt really low at times and to say to you guys that are hitting the dip in day 3/4...it really DOES WORK. Stick with it and it will get better and once you start to see the results you'll be so proud of yourselves.

:)

Gillyanna said:
So fellow CD'ers. I am now in my 7th day on SS. I started out fine for the first 2/3 days and then I hit the wall on day 4 after a bad week at work and I cheated. I was devastated mainly because I thought after all my hard work I had thrown myself back out of ketosis. However I came straight on here and after some really good support and responses to my anxious email I got back on track straight away. Drank loads of water and carried on.

I had my first weigh in this evening and I have lost 9lbs! I had hoped I would loose at least 5lbs and was secretly hoping for 7lbs so am really chuffed. It's given me the incentive I need to carry on. I think personally I just have to take it one day at a time rather than imagine a future spreading ahead of just shakes and soups because this diet is TOUGH!!

I just wanted to post something though because I have felt really low at times and to say to you guys that are hitting the dip in day 3/4...it really DOES WORK. Stick with it and it will get better and once you start to see the results you'll be so proud of yourselves.

:)

Hello :) huge well done on the 9lbs weight loss!! Thats 9lbs you'll never have to see again.. I should be on day 6, but like you I cheated and on day 3 gave up & had a really naughty day, so started fresh Monday & now I'm on day 3.. I had a sneaky weigh this morning and I'm 8lbs down since my first weigh last Thursday :) hopefully being 100% today & tomorrow up until 6pm when I'm weighed will shift another few pounds!! Glad you're feeling better & the low side is behind you.. It's full speed ahead on the train to skinny town now :D lol xx

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

Helloooo Laurenmay,

Congrats to you!! This is hard stuff and it's so easy to quit. I think it's just normal and acceptable behaviour to hit the wall and have an off day but you got back in the groove and your already 8lbs down ?. By the sounds of things you could be nearing the 3/4 stone by your first weigh in!

Which just goes to show we can have a wobble but still be really successful and reach our sexy slim goals ?. Really good luck and let us know how the weigh in goes!x

Gillyanna said:
Helloooo Laurenmay,

Congrats to you!! This is hard stuff and it's so easy to quit. I think it's just normal and acceptable behaviour to hit the wall and have an off day but you got back in the groove and your already 8lbs down ?. By the sounds of things you could be nearing the 3/4 stone by your first weigh in!

Which just goes to show we can have a wobble but still be really successful and reach our sexy slim goals ?. Really good luck and let us know how the weigh in goes!x

It is hard! & giving up has been on my mind a hell of a lot, but I'm fighting each day one at a time & determined to push through and lose all this weight! I really hope I have a big loss at first weigh in, it'll help spur me on and encourage me that I CAN do this..

Good luck to you too! & I'll let you know :) x

- sent from my iPhone. "No one said it would be easy, they just said it'd be worth it.."

OOOOO how exciting well done Gillyana sounds amazing you must be over the moon. Laurenmay when is your weigh in?? YOu have done so well so far just wait and see bet you will be chuffed its so worth it.

Let us know how you get on x

MissieCB said:
OOOOO how exciting well done Gillyana sounds amazing you must be over the moon. Laurenmay when is your weigh in?? YOu have done so well so far just wait and see bet you will be chuffed its so worth it.

Let us know how you get on x

My weigh in is tomorrow at 6.. Really hoping for a big loss to keep me motivated! In a grumpy mood today & would much rather be asleep than in work :( x

looool so would i. I have been off last two days not well and wish i was still in blimin bed. Do you find this diet makes you freezing? Im permenantly cold and I hate it :(

MissieCB said:
looool so would i. I have been off last two days not well and wish i was still in blimin bed. Do you find this diet makes you freezing? Im permenantly cold and I hate it :(

I wish I was in bed too! :( I'm so tired, and doing my best to avoid everyone & not speak today cause for some reason I'm in a stinking mood! I'm cold too, have goosebumps on my arms and I'm always freezing at home but my OH says it's boiling so keeps turning the heating off when I switch it on! :(

I don't know if this will help anyone but a friend said to me that when she thinks about going off plan she thinks about how long it would take to eat the thing she is craving. For instance, a kitkat would probably take less than a minute. Is that minute of enjoyment worth coming off plan and out of ketosis? Or is the enjoyment that you get from getting on the scales and seeing the lbs come off worth more :)

MissyE78 said:
I don't know if this will help anyone but a friend said to me that when she thinks about going off plan she thinks about how long it would take to eat the thing she is craving. For instance, a kitkat would probably take less than a minute. Is that minute of enjoyment worth coming off plan and out of ketosis? Or is the enjoyment that you get from getting on the scales and seeing the lbs come off worth more :)

That's helpful :) I'm having a bad day today and unsure exactly why, just really down in the dumps & the urge to go home from work and eat is driving me nuts! I really hope I find the strength to keep myself on track and not fall off the wagon again :(

U can't!!! It's weigh in eve! If u don't see big numbers tomorrow you will probably give in, so u have to be good for weigh in day! Don't do it! X

Laurenmay stick with it. Don't put yourself through the torture of getting in ketosis again. You can do it. We all have faith in you and we are all here xxx

I was thinking of changing my weigh in to today after work instead, just to give me a bit of a push plus I'm running really low on products now anyway! x

LaurenMay, I felt like that on the day of my weigh in. I think it's because you've been on it for a week by now and even tho we may have had a wee cheat we still feel like we've done enough and deserve a reward. To be honest I would take the hunger pangs ANY DAY over the mood swings. They are the worst and I really feel for you. The desire to go and just take time out to eat something and make yourself feel better is palpable. You are doing SO WELL....so many have failed by the time they get to your stage and I know you will have lost a lot at your weigh in. Perhaps changing it to tonight will give you that boost so maybe try for that.

If you do feel the need to cheat have a 'spoonful of something' and get back on it. It gives you that feeling of actually digesting something without kicking yourself out of the stage you've worked so hard to get to.

The cold hands and feet is one of the symptoms of ketosis so think of that. Your body is burning fat right now for you, it's just struggling to keep you in a good mood at the same time.

Stick with it.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Gillyanna said:
LaurenMay, I felt like that on the day of my weigh in. I think it's because you've been on it for a week by now and even tho we may have had a wee cheat we still feel like we've done enough and deserve a reward. To be honest I would take the hunger pangs ANY DAY over the mood swings. They are the worst and I really feel for you. The desire to go and just take time out to eat something and make yourself feel better is palpable. You are doing SO WELL....so many have failed by the time they get to your stage and I know you will have lost a lot at your weigh in. Perhaps changing it to tonight will give you that boost so maybe try for that.

If you do feel the need to cheat have a 'spoonful of something' and get back on it. It gives you that feeling of actually digesting something without kicking yourself out of the stage you've worked so hard to get to.

The cold hands and feet is one of the symptoms of ketosis so think of that. Your body is burning fat right now for you, it's just struggling to keep you in a good mood at the same time.

Stick with it.....YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Im busy at work so don't have time to type the post out again, so look at my diary and read my most recent post.. That'll let you know what's going on with my CD journey! xx

Back