First weigh in this week but stressed with high blood pressure :(

Hi Everyone,

I joined slimming world again last week as need to change the way I am. Im always going back and joining or trying to do myself at home and then something comes up and i go off track. This time though, i am determined to keep going till im at target. I need to for myself and my family.

I did SW a few years back and managed to lose 4.5 stone, a close relative still put me down over my weight that i ended up going back and comfort eating and putting it all back on.

I went the doctors last week for a routine smear and she took my bloods but did my blood pressure which was really high, she did it again and it had come down a bit but still high (all i got from her was the bottom reading was 98). I had to go back again today. Ive worked myself up over the bloods all week thinking its bad news but everything come back perfect but my blood pressure really high again. Ive got to now get referred for an ECG and now in medication. I feel so sick and upset over it, I was crying walking home from the doctors. I just dont understand how ive let myself get this way and get so overweight. Im only 30 and have an amazing boyfriend and gorgeous little boy but I need to lose around 10 stone!!! :( Ive seen so many inspirational stories and photos on here and thats making me realise I can do it!!! Its just that today at the doctors has scared me that much that theres no looking back now.

Ive been really good this week, sticking mainly to green days and im loving my jacket potatoes the most. Ive got the new SW app on my iphone and snacks that id pop out on break at work for thinking they were healthy, im shocked at how many syns are in them. Even just snacking on my little boys leftovers are shocking when i checked the syns.

So fingers crossed it shows this week that Ive had a good start and that im on the road to losing weight and getting healthy and that this horrible blood pressure goes back to normal. Roll on weigh in on thursday

xxx

Some of what you said sounds just like me, I started with over 9 stone to lose. It seems like such a massive task to lose all that but if you just concentrate on sticking to plan and how good eating all that yummy, healthy food is making you feel, all the rest will follow. I'm amazed at how even my hair and skin look better!

Good luck with your first weigh in xx

Hi same but even after one week I hve so much energy laughed when people told me that in the past or when dey said they felt lighter and happier but this time I actually feel its true

Awww you sound like u need a hug!!! Sending hugs your way hun! That's scary huh about your BP!? I'm a nurse.. Weight related unhealth is scary babe! It's the worst motivation since u HAVE to loose the weight rather than simply wanting too!! Right, have a concrete plan.. Take photos of yourself maybe every two weeks.. That will motivate u incredibly!! U have a son? That awesome! Just think, loose all this weight n then one day u will be a foxy, healthy grandma.. This weight will take time to go.. But with every 10% of body weight lost you will prevent or improve your health... hopefully be off BP medications before u know it! I really do have everything crossed for u! Can't wait to hear your story .. Good Luck Honey! You CAN do it!!!

Aww thanks for the messages. I stuck to it 100% this week and lost 8lbs in my first week yaayyyyyy!!! Im so made up and cant wait to carry on and keep losing xxx

Jacksmummy2010 said:
Aww thanks for the messages. I stuck to it 100% this week and lost 8lbs in my first week yaayyyyyy!!! Im so made up and cant wait to carry on and keep losing xxx

Well done, keep it up and I will be routing for you. X

Back