first weigh in today!

peabrain

Hello everyone!

Iv joined this site just for some advice and support really!
First of all congrats to you all for sticking at it and losing all your weight its such a tough diet to stick to!
So iv just finished my first week on lipotrim and stuck to the diet 100% and was soooo proud of myself as there were so many times were i was thinking, stuff it just go eat something!
Just been weighed and my starting weight was 15st4lb im 23 years old my bmi was 33.
So in the first week iv lost 7lbs! 14st11lb now!:)
Now i no i should feel good about this its a loss right? but for some reason i had in my head it wud be more and now im on a downer :sigh:...
Also my boyfriend works away and he comes home in 10 days and we are going to london to see some family, were going for 3 days but i know in one of those days there going to want to go out for a curry (as its what we always do when we vist!) and obviousley knowing i wont be able to eat is making me feel a bit worried about what im going to say/do because i dont want to icolate myself and just stay in and i dont want to upset anyone! i feel like im doing so well to stick to it and i just dont want to go off track!
I need to know what to do i cant imagine sitting in a resturant drinking water and not ordering anything the waiters will surely be offended?! help!! :cry:

Thanks guys!

Peabrain :)

7lb is half a stone YES half a stone off, and taken you from the 15s down to the 14s in one foul swoop!!! well done, but I do see your point as there are lots that have managed a lot more some more than double in their first week, but dont feel disheartened, even though its hard not to.

Hmmmmmm, now, I could NOT go out for a meal and not eat, I can do it at home but wouldnt survive out i am sure especially for a curry which is just about my fav! It may be best to see what others that have either done this or have been on a lot longer and are wiser think, but I would just take each day as it comes for the next 10 days and see how much you can get off, then if you think you can cope then have something, if you are able to resist the curries and have the tikkas and salad that is much better than the curry and rice, but as said maybe someone else can advise you better, as i know i would have something, and good luck on week 2 x

Thanks for the rely Dizzy!
Its a new day today and i feel fab!
I think if worst comes to worst ill just have a small starter or something then get straight back on it! Hopefully it wont be to difficult, im doing this for me and nobody else so ill only be letting myself down if i dont keep going :D x

hi Peabrain, well done on your loss it is wonderful. As a re starter to this diet i found that cheating a bit will invite more cheating. You will also have to endure the kind of pain first week has to go back to ketosis. It may sound harsh but is explaining to your family members what you are trying to do an option? Any may be enjoy fizzy water, tea or coffee with them.
Good luck X

Hello Peabrain :)

Well done for your first week's loss! I know what you mean, it can feel disappointing when you feel in yourself that you thought you did better, but 7lb is really good and it's 7lb in the right direction! :D

I wanted to reply to you about going to the Indian restuarant as the same thing has happened to me before. That type of food is one of my very favourites and although it was extremely hard being around everyone else eating, I got through it and was very glad that I didn't give in. If I'd had some, it would have been nice at the time, but I couldn't have fully enjoyed it as I would have felt very naughty for doing it and I'd have felt really cross with myself afterwards. Also, I know that it could put me on that slippery slope of doing it again and again.

I understand why you would worry about the waiters being offended, but you should try not to worry about that. You could just say you've already eaten and that you'd only like a drink, if you wanted to give an excuse. The waiter did keep trying to offer me small portions of things when I was there, but I just kept politely saying "no, thank you" and persisted.

On the other hand, if you do give in and have something small (one of the drier chicken starters (no sauce) and salad - maybe?), try not to beat yourself up about it.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do! :)

Back