first weigh in today!!!

yummymummynot

Hi all

I am new to Slimming world - only started last week. Finding it ok but keep forgetting to eat fruit to make my free food free!!! Really need to buy a holster and put 2 bananas in it!! Well first weigh in today. Am nervous as have absolutely no idea what to expect. Stayed within syns ( at least I think I did!!)

It takes a while to get your head around the eating combinations eh?? I feel a little doubtful as I seem to be eating more than I ususally do albeit completely different foods!!

I have a long way to go - about 5 stone to loose so I could be here a while!! Anyway hello to everyone and hoping to enourage and be encouraged here

xx

Welcome and good luck!

Yes getting your head around it takes a little while doesn't it! But once you get into the swing of things you'll be food optimising without even really trying. The thing that struck me the first few weeks was that i wasn't really "dieting" so much as eating healthily.

There is a 'sticky' on the forum giving advice to slimming world newbies, have a little read of it as it proved very useful for me when I first started and answered a lot of questions I had and information I didn't quite take in at my first meeting (hard to concentrate on the newbie talk when there's 10 other new people, a room of about 60 people all chattering around you as well as babies screaming their heads off)

Let us know how you get on x

A very warm welcome yummymummynot! This is a great site and you will do well on Slimming World if you follow plan. It does take a little while to get your head round it, but once youre there you will be away, and so will your weight. :)

. . . . . Finding it ok but keep forgetting to eat fruit to make my free food free!!!
. . . . .

Not quite sure what you mean by this? Free food is free food. You can't make something "free" by eating fruit with it.

You should be having 1/3 superfree with your meals, but this is vegetables and/or fruit.

Maybe I have misunderstood what you meant, if so, sorry.

Hi yummymummynot, snap same as u joined last week just had 1st weigh in, lost 1.5lbs, happy but thought i had done better, trying hard for it not to get too much in my head as i have a problem of thinking i should have done better...enjoying the plan though....Hope your weigh in went well x

goingtobeskinnysoon said:
Don't be disheartened lainey x everyone is different and imagine if you lost 1.5 every week - that's half a stone in a month which is great! X

Thanks so much Hun, I know better off than on haha, just my silly head trying to sabotage me not gonna let it win this time :) !!!!! X

Not quite sure what you mean by this? Free food is free food. You can't make something "free" by eating fruit with it.

You should be having 1/3 superfree with your meals, but this is vegetables and/or fruit.

Maybe I have misunderstood what you meant, if so, sorry.
Maybe I have it all wrong - I thought my consultant said I had to eat superfree with free to make it free? EG if I have a muller fat free yoghurt I have to have fruit with it? I suppose I was worried really that if i had for example a stir fry with chicken and noodles, I was concerned that I might not have enough veg in there to constitute 1/3 so I ws trying to cram in fruit after every meal to make sure I was ok???????

Hi all

I was delighted to be down 3lbs last night. Cheers to all for the encouragement. Lainey dont be dissappointed with 1.5lbs. Thats a great loss and just imagine how much more we would be up if we hadnt joined. I had a family gathering at the weekend and would have ate and drank loads had I not been doing this. So come on Lainey we can do it!!

Joined the Christmas challenge on another thread - got a heart attack when someone pointed out its only 21 weeks to Christmas!!!!

Heres to that little black dress eh!!!!!!!!

Well done yummymummy, I'm leaving out the not on purpose !!!! That's a great result, I think I've beat the demons in my head, normally I'd have attacked a bar of chocolate (or 2) haha, but stuck with went home had a little chat with myself so all good !!!! Thanks for your words of encouragement xxx

Back