First weigh in

Well Done! That's a very good loss :) How have you found your first week?

:wow:

Are you doing the 'real' Slim Fast? I'm going for the cheaper version and doing Tesco's own brand. I've just finished my 4th weigh in and I've lost 11lb BUT I've found it really difficult to stick to this week :sigh: 3 weeks in my wobble point for all diets and usually when I fall off the wagon and can't get back in the zone. This time I'm really forcing myself to stick with it. I started at 12st 11lb and my mini gola was to get under 12st. My scales this morning said 11st 13.75lbs! It's only just under but I'm really pleased. The next goal wass to lose a stone so I only have 3lb to go for that one :cool:
When I started slim fast/ultra slim this board was really quiet so I'm glad there are a few more people around now :D

Are you doing the 'real' Slim Fast? I'm going for the cheaper version and doing Tesco's own brand. I've just finished my 4th weigh in and I've lost 11lb BUT I've found it really difficult to stick to this week :sigh: 3 weeks in my wobble point for all diets and usually when I fall off the wagon and can't get back in the zone. This time I'm really forcing myself to stick with it. I started at 12st 11lb and my mini gola was to get under 12st. My scales this morning said 11st 13.75lbs! It's only just under but I'm really pleased. The next goal wass to lose a stone so I only have 3lb to go for that one :cool:
When I started slim fast/ultra slim this board was really quiet so I'm glad there are a few more people around now :D

Im having the shakes as they are milk based, the others are water and don't taste nice. Hubby has asdas own and he likes them and they are cheaper. Asda had 2 for £9 but the offer has gone off now so going to look around. I thought the same about nobody being around, I'm glad too that more people are on here. You have done really well, I haven't seen 11st mark for a long while now lol! X

The first 3 days were the worst for me as I am used to picking all day long! You get used to it quite quickly and forget that you're not eating food. I suppose that your body is getting everything it needs (calorie wise) so it's training your body to listen to real hunger and not when you're bored/upset/etc. I've lost 11lb in 4 weeks and my wedding and engagement ring are getting looser! I've not noticed a huge difference in clothes but my hubby has noticed which is fab :D Oh and I can notice it around my jaw line too..... I've only got one double chin now :rotflmao:
Good Luck donnalass, just take it one day at a time x

BlueFluff - The tesco ones are milk based too and they're actually quite nice. I've only got the Choc and Cafe Latte one ATM but I have tried the raspberry (yum!) and the strawberry (ok but I'm not a huge fan of strawberry flavour). I believe they are sweeter than SF ones though.
I also keep stealing the childrens mini choc bars (fun sized fudge bar is 60 cals!) and crisps as they are under 100 cals (skips, french fries etc) but it does the job of a little bit of 'naughty'!

The first 3 days were the worst for me as I am used to picking all day long! You get used to it quite quickly and forget that you're not eating food. I suppose that your body is getting everything it needs (calorie wise) so it's training your body to listen to real hunger and not when you're bored/upset/etc. I've lost 11lb in 4 weeks and my weddng and engagement ring are getting looser! I've not noticed a huge difference in clothes but my hubby has noticed which is fab :D Oh and I can notice it around my jaw line too..... I've only got one double chin now :rotflmao:
Good Luck donnalass, just take it one day at a time x

BlueFluff - The tesco ones are milk based too and they're actually quite nice. I've only got the Choc and Cafe Latte one ATM but I have tried the raspberry (yum!) and the strawberry (ok but I'm not a huge fan of strawberry flavour). I believe they are sweeter than SF ones though.
I also keep stealing the childrens mini choc bars (fun sized fudge bar is 60 cals!) and crisps as they are under 100 cals (skips, french fries etc) but it does the job of a little bit of 'naughty'!

Wobbly tum, you've done amazingly well! That stone will defo be gone for crimbo ;-)

I'm doing herbalife but there isn't a a section for it on here so I'm importing! It's similar to SF In the fact that its based around two shakes and snacks but the snacks and evening meal have to be high in protein and low in carbs. Only started on Thursday and I had a little blip last night however I had spent all day filling two skips with soil and rubble so I'm not going to be too hard on myself. Back on track today which is good for me ;-) x

Wobbly tum, you've done amazingly well! That stone will defo be gone for crimbo ;-)

Thank you so much :D I really hope so.
I've actually never heard of herbalife, are they nice? I think after that amount of manual labour you NEED a little extra ;) is it also calorie restricted or just low carb high protein?
I did look into a total meal replacememnt (lighterlife or cambridge) but I couldn't justify the cost if I wasn't going to stick with it. At least if I didn't cope well with shakes I'd only lost £4 for the tin of UltraSlim Hehehe! But that was 11lbs ago so I can't complain.

Thank you so much :D I really hope so.
I've actually never heard of herbalife, are they nice? I think after that amount of manual labour you NEED a little extra ;) is it also calorie restricted or just low carb high protein?
I did look into a total meal replacememnt (lighterlife or cambridge) but I couldn't justify the cost if I wasn't going to stick with it. At least if I didn't cope well with shakes I'd only lost £4 for the tin of UltraSlim Hehehe! But that was 11lbs ago so I can't complain.

Yeah it's calorie controlled too. I honestly don't think I could do a total meal replacement, I'd just miss eating far too much

The shakes are surprising really filling, I think it's 'just' a matter of switching your mind to to have a shake and looking forward to a nice evening meal... Soups simple doesn't it ;-) x

I know what you mean, I really look forward to eating in the evening :) I think it makes you appreciate food a bit more too!

Back