First weigh in

Squares76

Firstly I hope I'm posting in the right place, difficult to tell when doing it from my phone.

Anyway, had first weigh in on Thursday and safe to say I'm a bit upset. Only lost 1/2lb. I can hand on heart say I've been 100% all week. Haven't stolen a thing off my daughters plate, have syned everything I need to and been well within the 15 mostly with some to spare, have eaten loads of superfree fruit and veg, so I just don't understand it.

I've now turned into a manic self weigher and am looking for any little change. I know I need to step away from the scales but its haaaard.

Is there anything on the plan that although is free makes loosing slower? Ie I have a lot of pasta? Or anything else that can effect Weight loss? I'm desperate for this to work and I know the only thing that will keep me motivated is seeing the lbs slipping off.

I know the feeling! I joined a week and a half ago, with my consultant telling me I WOULD lose between 4-6lbs in first week, followed the plan strictly (with a meal out which didn't go too well, but definitely didn't use up my weekly syn allowance) and only maintained. I was really disheartened as true to her word every other member lost between 4-10.5lbs! I showed her my food diary, and my consultant could only think it was because my period was due and I hadn't been to the toilet in a few days! I've stuck to the plan really well this week so hopefully next weigh in will be much better!
I have also heard that for some people this diet doesn't always produce fast results and it could take a few weeks before suddenly losing a large amount of weight. I hope this is true as I need sw to work for me!

Thanks for replying. It's horrible isnt it, but I feel better that I'm not alone! (Sorry!!)

Funny you should say that, my period arrived on WI day, so that also fits. I've also stuck to plan this week and have said to my consultant I will give it the month of being 100% and see what happens.

I really need SW to work for me too

Fingers crossed we both see losses this week!

Sorry to hear that both of you aren't pleased with the results.
As you say, your period could be one of the reasons why you hadn't lose as much as you hoped.

Have you tried alternating Red/Green/Extra easy Days? as I tend to lose more weight the weeks I do that.

I'm definitely hoping it was just a period related blip for me! I've been taking senna tablets too to ensure I'm going to the toilet regularly! Together we can do this, I'm actually really glad I've found someone else feeling the same way as me! I bought a countdown so that's spurring me on knowing I have paid out a lot of money in advance, plus this is the most motivated I've ever been to lose the excess weight, I am determined to be slim by summer time :) I think if I hadn't have paid for the countdown I would have probably given up by now, like you I need to see results to feel motivated to carry on.

I haven't tried alternating between different plans yet, I think I want to fully get my head around EE. I've had a quick look at success express so I might try a couple of days of that as it seems easy enough to follow, but won't be able to until after next WI because I've just made a huge pan full of homemade soup, which although full of superfree's, I think there's possibly too much pasta and bacon in to make it SE. There's enough to keep going until at least Wednesday!

Well done :) did you do anything differently this week? I lost 2lb but not entirely sure it didn't have something to do with me wearing the lightest clothes I own lol! I think I would have maintained if I'd worn the same clothes :-/

Well done :) did you do anything differently this week? I lost 2lb but not entirely sure it didn't have something to do with me wearing the lightest clothes I own lol! I think I would have maintained if I'd worn the same clothes :-/

Hahaha I'm sure it didn't make that much difference - well done!!

No, I didn't do anything different, tbh I tried to eat pretty much the same menu as week 1 to see if there was any difference.

On to week 3, fingers crossed it carries on!

Well done to you both ;)

Thankyou!

Hahaha I'm sure it didn't make that much difference - well done!!

No, I didn't do anything different, tbh I tried to eat pretty much the same menu as week 1 to see if there was any difference.

On to week 3, fingers crossed it carries on!

I don't know how well I will do this week, I've been pretty lazy with cooking as been on lates and I don't think I've been having 1/3 superfree! Trying to have fruit afterwards to make sure but I sometimes think eating a lot of fruit is counteractive for me! I've been having quick ready meals (fuller longer and count on us range) so consequently have been having more syns. I've not been going over though, but I haven't really kept a diary this week either so i think that might be why I'm not feeling positive! Roll on Wednesday weigh in!

Hi everyone! I just joined the site tonight so please bear with me cos i'm brand new lol. I re-joined slimming world last week as i want to shed some weight before my holiday in june. i was a member last year and lost just over a stone but unfortunately i piled it all back on lol. I had my first weigh in on wednesday and i had lost 2.5lb. I expected more though as my work trousers are falling off me :cry:I think syns might be my problem. How many syns do you all eat every day?

I had my first weigh in last Monday and was an Angel all week with having only 13 syns in total. I only managed to drop 2lb. The only thing I can put it down to is my period. I tend to retain fluid so this week I will be surprised if I don't have a bigger loss. Fingers crossed!!!!

Hi all.

I don't really set myself a syn goal I just have what I need for the day, sometimes that all 15 sometimes that's 5. I try not to think I have to use them up if it gets to 8pm and I haven't used many, figure it all evens out over the week.

I'm not great with 1/3 superfree either, dinner is ok I can manage that and breakfast I've been trying to eat fruit but lunch is difficult. I'm not a big salad eater, so try and have melon/pineapple in the fridge to pick on through the day.

I'm not that confident this week, only because I have barely left the house since Thursday because of the snow so haven't had ANY exercise, and I have been using my syns for the odd treat, only a couple of malted milk/options hot chocolate but I don't think that's going to help me.

Hiya
This is what I was a bit worried about its my 1st weigh in tomorrow and I got on the scales today and havnt changed at all ! I havnt eaten bad thing all week and havnt used any syns either except for things like gravy etc has this happened to anyone else ? I texted my consultant and she said to try doing more original days instead of green and extra easy she said some people just don't loose much when they have bread pasta potato and things like that x

Back