First weigh in

JoWillBeSlim

Hi all. I'm new here so hello! I had my first weigh in last night. I lost 1 pound which was really disappointing. I stuck to plan to the letter and had 5 gym workouts. I'm wondering if the gym may have affected my loss because I actually felt like I had lost about 6 pounds. Has anyone else been in the same situation on their first week.? Jo

I lost 1lb my first week, that was due to the amount of food I had scoffed the week before! The losses got better after that first week though, then slowed down again, as long as it goes downwards I am happy.

I lost 1 and half pound in my first weigh in, im a little peed off as i thought i could have done much better, what i have done today though is ive took my measurments, as you can lose in inches and not bodyfat xx

Is the gym a fairly new thing? You body will retain water to fix your muscles from the exercise so yes it can effect your losses.

My brother only lost 1lb in his first week and I cant explain how gutted he was. The next week he lost 6, got SOTW and was averaging 3lbs a week after that for 4 months straight! Was continually SOTM too. He would go to members in group and tell them his story and you could see them calm down and go, oh ok. They would always come back the next week with a bigger loss and thank him :) I do love group for this reason sometimes!

hi this is my first week too i lost 2 and a 1/2 pound ok i suppose but my husband is doing it with me i make his dinner for work and tea when he comes in and he has lost 8 pound lol how does that work? the only thing different is he eats loads of fruit during the day and drinks loads of water and i dont but i will be this week, yeah if you start dieting and exercising together it doesn't show weight loss straight away so maybe measuring is the way to go at first x

Me, my nan, my mum and my sister all started sw last week, and we all eat the same meals, yet we all lost differently. My mother lost 7lbs, I lost 5, yet my sister only lost 2 and my nan stayed the same! Mad how differently people react to a new diet.

Back