First weigh in :)

xojxojxoj

Food is not my friend :(
Today was my first weigh in, & i lost 5Ib's. i am sooo pleased. I very nearly gave up at one point this week because i did the dredded thing of weighing myself at home on my scales, which showed i hadnt lost anything.
So to everyone that has joined & is in their first week, keep going xx

5lb??!!! Brilliant - well done you! :happy096:

I know... Wow. The 1st week is always wierd, keep questioning wether it really works or not. But now it gives me the will power to keep it up :) altho i have just been to a buffet restaraunt for my bro in laws bday, stayed away from noodles,rice,chips.. Had alot of chicken, salad, a naan bread :( hope it'll be ok.. Xx

Well done that's fab, my first weigh in is on Monday fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I lost 5.5lb in my first week too - feels great doesn't it! Who knew weight loss could be enjoyable?!

Well done, 5lbs is great! Hoping I'll have similar luck in my first weigh in :)

Im getting on ok thanks. (I think) i cant wait to get weighed next, to see if im doing ok. My next weigh in is thursday & im really excited lol... Sound like a big kid :)
How have u been getting on?? X

I'm doing ok I'm doing it with my partner at home no longer go to group with four boys it's time consuming! But I'm struggling with finding things on here! I've been searching for a vegetable curry and a chilli con corni lol you couldn't help could you? I do green n original days! But more green! :) xx

I have been doing red & green days this week too. I think i prefer them too ee?? Dont you ever do ee?
Ive just searched & found this, ive copied & pasted it so hope it comes up ok -
chilli con carne ingredients
Fry Light, for spraying
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 fresh chillies, deseeded and chopped
2 tsps ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
A pinch of cayenne pepper
1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
284ml/½ pint stock
salt and ground black pepper
454g/1lb extra lean beef mince (or Quorn mince)
1 x 198g/7oz can red kidney beans, drained
chopped fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
1 level tablespoon of tomato puree

Spray a large saucepan with Fry Light and fry the onion gently over a low heat for 5 minutes, until softened and golden. Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add mince, stirring until it begins to brown.
Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced. Season with salt and pepper and add drained kidney beans. Heat through gently for about 5 minutes.
Slow-cooker alternative: Brown your onions, garlic, chillies, spices and meat as above and transfer to your slow-cooker. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and cook on ‘medium’ for 6-8 hours. 45 minutes before serving add the kidney beans..
Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped coriander leaves.
Tip: Chef's tip: Add chopped yellow and red peppers to your chilli to boost your Superfree.

Replacing beef mince with Quorn mince turns this recipe into a vegetarian delight. The 3 Syns stay the same on Original and the whole recipe becomes Free on Green!

Veg curry
2 onions, sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
568ml/1pt vegetable stock
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 x 2½cm/1in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
1 tsp turmeric
113g/4oz button mushrooms
1 aubergine, cubed
113g/4oz cauliflower florets
113g/4oz broccoli florets
142g/5oz fat-free natural yogurt
salt and ground black pepper
2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
for the spice mixture:
2 tbsps cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp cardamom seeds
1 tsp mustard seeds
4 cloves

Make the spice mixture by grinding all the spices together in an electric grinder or with a pestle and mortar.
Put the onions, garlic and half of the stock in heavy saucepan. Cover and bring to the boil for 5-10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the onions are tender, golden and syrupy.
Add the chilli, ginger, turmeric and ground spice mixture. Cook gently for 2-3 minutes to allow the spices to release their aroma. Add the mushrooms, aubergine and cauliflower with the remaining stock. Cover the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the broccoli separately in boiling salted water until just tender and still a lovely bright green. Drain and add to the curry with the yogurt. Stir in very gently over the lowest heat possible and heat through gently. Do not allow to boil or the yogurt will curdle.
Check the seasoning and serve the curry immediately, scattered with coriander.

I hope this helps you. I havent been doing any recipes, ive been sticking to the same things. I need to make a point of trying some recipes :)
Xx

Aww your fantastic :) so happy I've been searching for hours lol I don't do ee it confuses me haha I love my green and original so much easier! This week just gone I've lives on jacket spuds n pasta I just don't want the OH getting bored really n do fancy something with a bit of spice! Thanx again hun :-D xxx

What i do is search google. I just typed in sw chilli con carne, & it came up straight away.
I too have been living on jacket potatoes, beans & cheese. These are things i would avoid in the past..
Im getting abit bored now of eating the same so im deffinately going to try some recipes this week... Lol we shall see.
EE does confuse me abit, i dont get why on red & green you steer clear of certain things but then on EE you can eat them together :( just dont get it.
What do you eat for brekky?? I made the sw oaty pancakes today, i cant believe how nice they were :)
Xxx

Oo not tried them sounds nice! I usually have scrambled or fried egg on wholemeal bread at about 10.30 I always have a banana 1st at about 8 when I'm hungry :) xx

Oo not tried them sounds nice! I usually have scrambled or fried egg on wholemeal bread at about 10.30 I always have a banana 1st at about 8 when I'm hungry :) xx

Bananas are such a life saver!! :)

Back