first weight in and I've gained.. mortified

Blonn-de

aw im so disheartened.. I started sw in 2011 went for few months lost 6lbs. im currently 10.1 and half and was almost 12 stone but joined ww in 2008 and got to my current weight but I really want to be 9 and half stone so after gaining 4 pounds at xmas with ww, I decided to give sw another go after over a year. I stuck to the plan 100% all week.. didnt do much exercise as the weather was so bad but had my superfree with everything, had the correct amount of cereal, used all my syns, had no alcohol and gained a half pound this week.. so embarrassed. i know a half isnt much but it is to me..the only thing I can think of is that its the end of my * week... or that im eating too much rice with dinner.. I was ready to walk out of class today but decided to stay.. please help..

this happened to me aswell. i didnt have a break from w/w to slimming world. i put on 1 lb

The next week i lost 9 1/2 lbs think it may have taken my body a little to get used to the slimming world plan of eating more.

Stick with it. slimming world does work as you have done it before.

aw thanks glad im not the only one.. was so embarrassed bout it.. everyone around me had lost pounds.. I just wanted to cry!! well done u for losing that amount in a week!!

I agree hun, its a myth that everyone gets a big loss in their first week. it really depends on what your diet has been like before. if you are coming from WW and eating a healthy diet already then you are really not going to get a big loss. Coming from a VLCD or from really restricting particular food (like carbs) then you can see a short term gain as you retain fluids if you suddenly start eating lots of those foods.

Was what you have eaten this week different to what you would have eaten on WW?

Most people changing from one diet to another gain. It's just cos your body has to get used to eating these other healthy things, let your body get itself in order and you'll see a loss :)

im normally very healthy.. I did eat a lot of yogurts and rice and noodles things I would only have very small portions of :(

I'm so thankful for this thread. I was going to register last week and join the Monday weigh thread but thought 'oh I'll wait till I have weighed myself after my first week then I can see how I'm going' except when I did weigh myself this week I had gained! So thoroughly peeved... I was going to ask the question myself 'how can I possibly have gained when I have stuck to it' but if I'm honest with myself I have been eating erratically, although healthily, for, well probably years now (since I had my children probably). When I say erratically I used to have breakfast (toast or ceral) a light salad or vege meal for lunch and no dinner. So now I am eating more - but I had heard for ages that if you don't eat enough you won't lose but I guess I got a bit paranoid thinking if I ate all I could on SW I would just gain.

Wow first post, complete ramble! Anyway reading these replies makes me think it's worth going on till next week - probably still won't have a huge loss but 2 lb would be nice!

I've just had my first weigh in and stayed the same..this is the third time that I have tried SW and I am determined to give it a proper go. My downfall this week ( I would guess) was going out for a meal on Sat and having a drink.
The little devil sat on one shoulder says ' you cant stay in forever and going out is part of real life' I suppose its something that I'll just have to try to deal with - going for an Indian with all the family next weekend.
I feel disappointed with myself but not sure how to make next week work if I am going out again.

well ive thought about it since and im strongly thinking about returning to ww on weds its the only thing that works for me.

Dont give up! It might just be a blip... sometimes I have found my past dieting experiences that when I gained a bit the next week it fell off... It might just be water retention or something... Drink more water, do a bit more exercise just change something you usually do or eat and it might just "frighten" it off for the next week.. have another go! I have done WW and lost 4st in the past and got fed up with the WW points and being a slave to their advertising by buying their products, but this Diet plan is such a simple and easy way of eating that you dont think you are watching your weight.

Back