First weight in - phew :)

BrightSide

Hi all,

I'm really relieved - have been for my first weigh in today and I've lost 7lb! I'm really happy as I was a bit worried I wouldn't lose (for some silly reason as I've been following the plan 100% despite being away for a two day conference and dealing with a conference dinner and drinks etc).

I often feel really vulnerable when it comes to stepping on the scales in front of someone - as if I'm going to be judged if it doesn't go the right way. I know that's my issues, mostly, but still means the weigh in is a little anxiety provoking. Still, avoiding it tends to lead to me slowly gaining weight (which won't do). Trying to remind myself that I am not the sum total of what the scales say - but I am still very happy that it worked out well this week. Fingers crossed it inches down a little next week too.

Well done BrightSide, 7lbs is a fantastic loss! My first weight in supposed to be today but I cheated and did it a few a days early, lost 3lbs. Do you have a particular plan or exercise regime etc?

3lb is still great, though - imagine picking that up in a bag. Pretty hefty :)

I'm following the Cambridge Weight Plan at Step 2 (which is a low calorie diet, not a 'very low calorie' one). That means I can do a bit of exercise and eat some real food too. I use FitStar (an app on my iPhone) to guide my workouts (which are short bursts ... about 10 mins each). I'm trying to be generally active - walking everywhere I can - and my plan is to start new activities as the weight starts to shift. Today I had a go at interval training with my hubby - fast jogging by the river for 30s, then quick walking to recover for 90s (repeating as often as I can - which today was only 6 times, but I'm guessing i'll get better as I get used to it). Was super-impressed as I'd usually avoid doing it somewhere people may see me (feeling embarrassed about my size) but today I ran on a riverside path even though people were out walking their dogs. One lady said 'that looks fun, what you two are doing' (in a non-sarcastic tone) ... I was thankful she didn't fall over laughing at me!

What about you? Hope you're having a good week :)

Any plan involving exercise and real food sounds good to me! I empathise with what you said about not wanting to exercise in places where you can be seen, I'm the same. I swim 5 times per week now, but I make sure to go at graveyard times (7-8am) and the pool is usually pretty empty, especially since it's winter. Jogging is really good but I know I'd get out of the breath and feel that people were laughing at me, so swimming is a nice low-intensity alternative. I've had a fairly good day - although I was ravenous earlier and had some beans on toast, which put me above my calories for the day. I've started to weigh myself obsessively every few hours and so tomorrow I'm locking the scales in the attic.

Hi I've just joined this blog today, looking for support to lose weight.... A Lot of weight ... I'm 19st12lb, and would like to lose 12 pound by Easter to start. My biggest downfall is lunch, I'm off bread so that's a start, and I'm currently doing a 2 mile walk each evening.
Any tips would be much appricated, thanks :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Back