First weight in, very disappointed

Minnie64

Think thin
Had my first weigh in this evening and only lost 4½lbs:sigh::cry:I am absolutely gutted. I have been 100% SS although I suppose I could have drunk more water. Trying not to worry about it and have a good second week and hope the weight comes off at next weigh in. Will try and up the water this week too. Yer I know, it is a loss xx

Aw hon, I know you must feel disappointed but IMHO it's honestly better not to focus too much on the numbers for this journey and instead the positive changes e.g. I want to feel better, I want to be able to bend to put on shoes, I want to be able to run with the kids, I want to be able to run up stairs etc. Then focus on just doing the plan because if you do that it WILL work.

My CDC told me tonight that she has a lady who felt exactly the same when she only lost 4lb in the first week. But then she consistently lost 4lb every week after and it never slowed down so keep positive!

Thanks guys and yes I know what you both mean. I have done Cambridge before and expected to have a good first week loss. To be honest it has not put me off keeping to it but if I don't have a good loos next week who knows lol Unbelieveably I did not get any headaches/withdrawal symptoms etc which I am amazed about!
xxx

same here, but hey I got there in the end and so will you :) oh and btw I had a right old moan about losing 4 in week 1

definitely drink more water - the more you drink the more you'll lose but don't worry cos 4lb is still a great loss - keep going x

This time, I think what disappointed me the most was a friend went on Slimming World and lost the same in her first week!!!! I know what you mean, wow you have done so well xx

This time, I think what disappointed me the most was a friend went on Slimming World and lost the same in her first week!!!! I know what you mean, wow you have done so well xx

I feel your pain sweetie. I 'only' lost 4lb last week on my first week and my friend who went to SW lost 5lb on her first week. I too stuck to SS all week and was hoping for more. Have been determined not to let it get me down and been good all week - hoping you ahve a good week hun and your losses are as positive next wi

Charlie xx

thanks Moleymole x

thanks fed-up-and-fat - hey listen at me moaning about "only" losing 4lbs - I should be jumping for joy lol well I am going to be 100% SS this week and get more water down me and see what happens next Monday. Have a good week all xx

Yep, the water makes such a huge difference, even if you're doing everything else 100%.

On the weekends, I find it hard to drink. I decided to weigh myself daily and compare my losses with my water. And yes, the more I drank, the more I lost.

I'm not a fast loser either I'm afraid, but I lose a lot of inches.

First of all well done, a loss is a loss, I was really disappointed with my first week weight in the first time I did Cambridge but I did persevere and tended to lose a good amount each week, still managed my stone in a month so was pleased with that.

As for your friend, you will also lose a good amount next week and she is not likely to lose more than 2lb.... so you will definately have done better....

darling - weight is water and inches are fat! Ive lost loads of inches....weight is literally just a number but those measurements mean the fat is dripping away x

Also, if you can, it would be a good idea to have scales that measure your body fat.

You don't have to weigh yourself, just set it up to measure your body fat and you'll see it go down.

And take pictures of yourself at least every 4 weeks as I promise you'll see a difference. I even took some in my underwear to be able to really see the changes :eek:

Ellie - you reminded me about getting those scales.....off to ebay ......

4lbs is a great loss - I would be very pleased with that.

Thank you all for your supportive comments, really appreciated. I have taken before photos BUT fully clothed lol xx

Hi Girl
Been a while . roll on the big one next week so many people coming back to CD here

Back