Fish?

bruggie07

Hi everyone
I'm looking for some inspiration for my plain old cod fillet!!!

I dont usually eat fish and have no idea what to have with it, I was thinking of doing some veg but thought that might possibly be the most boring dinner ever!!

Any ideas on how I can liven it up without using too many syns??

Thanks guys xx

I have mine with veg and some ainsley cous cous, not very exciting but I'm not the worlds best cook

Cod is a bit of a bland fish so what I would do is season and poach in milk and flake and add to pasta like the batchelor's one. Yum!

I make fish rissotto with green pesto (just a tablespoon in the rice) add some mushrooms and leeks and herbs like tarragon and basil Yum x

YOu can bake it in the oven with soy sauce and fresh ginger - its lovely with rice, kinda Chinese style.

I think there's a recipe on the SW website for making fish goujons. You could have them with SW chips and petit pois or a Jacket potato.
You could also squeeze some lemon on them before breading them, that would give them a nice tang.

Cod parcels? Put your fish onto a doubled piece of foil, add some sliced tomatoes, peppers, - whatever you like really, but not things that take ages to cook - a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, and seasoning. Fold over the foil and make into a loose parcel, scrunch up the edges to seal, and bake in the oven.

It's lovely when you unwrap it and the lovely smell wafts up towards you!

saw this recipe for fish in an Asda magazine and i'm going to try it this week. The recipe uses frozen white fish fillets

serves 4

500g white fish
1 onion
400g chopped toms with chillies and peper

oven 190/gas 5
spray fry light in an ovenproof dish and add fish skin side down

drizzle over 2 tbsp of water season and cover and bake for 35 mins

spray fry light in a pan and cook onion til soft add the toms and simmer uncovered until most of the liquid has evaporated and season well

spread the sauce over the fish and return to oven and cook uncovered for a further 10 mins or until fish flakes easy.

It suggests serving with rice but i'm going to have roasted asparagus etc.

Hope this helps :D

Last edited:
Back