Fish?

dd82

Gold Member
Does any one find fish helps or hinders there loss and is it better to have it on red or green ?

I've had very good losses with fish on red weeks, I occasionally do it as a metabolism shocker or after a period off-plan like a rescue remedy! Has yet to fail me but I have known other people that it hasn't worked so well for! There's a thread about it from a while back, will try and dig it out when I'm not on my phone.

Brilliant thanks for that I love fish so would like to incorporate it as much as possible

I lost 5lbs last time i did a fish week. Its very low fat protein so it can only be good for you. Obviously you need to be careful on how much fresh tuna & salmon you have (4 portions a week max i think) but there are loads of white fish you can eat, plus tinned tuns is fine.

In fact - might do one next week.

Fish definitely helps weight loss!

kingleds said:
I lost 5lbs last time i did a fish week. Its very low fat protein so it can only be good for you. Obviously you need to be careful on how much fresh tuna & salmon you have (4 portions a week max i think) but there are loads of white fish you can eat, plus tinned tuns is fine.

In fact - might do one next week.

Why can you only have a limited amount of salmon or fresh tuna? Didn't realise that, not that I'd ever have that much anyway! Is trout OK?

You know as I sent it i thought of mercury! Ok another Q why is smoked mackerel synned?

I love a fish week, helps the losses I think, might have a fish week next week now you mention it.

dunno why smoked mackerel is synned x

Shirleen said:
You know as I sent it i thought of mercury! Ok another Q why is smoked mackerel synned?

I asked the syn hotline this question and they said it's something to do with the oil in the fish and the smoking process

That's great add fish to shopping list, just need to look in the recipes now thanks all I will let u know how I get on

my DH works in sainsbury and often at the end of the night the drastically reduce any fish that has to be sold that day sometimes up to 75% off, we've had monk fish tails for a couple of quid before, so we often get expensive fish for not much money x

Something to do with mercury levels. Its a food standards agency recommendation.

The highest levels of mercury are apparently found in shark, malin and swordfish, followed by trout and tuna, then salmon and pollock, etc.

It's linked to the food chain - i.e. fish that are long-lived and high on the food chain contain higher concentrations of mercury than others, due to them eating the smaller fish and thus consuming the mercury levels in them, as well as the mercury levels they already have in themselves.

KittenKat said:
The highest levels of mercury are apparently found in shark, malin and swordfish, followed by trout and tuna, then salmon and pollock, etc.

It's linked to the food chain - i.e. fish that are long-lived and high on the food chain contain higher concentrations of mercury than others, due to them eating the smaller fish and thus consuming the mercury levels in them, as well as the mercury levels they already have in themselves.

See - knew someone clever on here would explain it better than me :)

I guess this is why you are only supposed to eat malin, swordfish & shark once a week?

Back