fitbit...what is it?Is it worth it?

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
I've been seeing this all over the place-they seem quite pricy though-are they worth the money?

They're £50 in Halfords now :(

which fitbit do you have?

Thanks-I was looking at the flex and the one and can't decide which one to go for. I like the idea of the flex and that you don't have to take it off, on the other hand,the one does seem to be more accurate and can be worn with anything.As it's mostly walking I do I think I've almost decided to go for the one but still hesitating.

Hiya hun,

I use the FitBit Ultra (they've stopped making them now however I think the new one to this is the FitBit One). I absolutely love it! It really motivates me to move around more, as I always want to hit my 10,000 step goal each day! The Flex seems a good idea but i'd much rather not have something on my wrist all day. My Ultra just goes in my bra and I don't think about it at all :) If you're on a budget you can pick up Ultras quite cheap on Amazon on eBay still brand new?

I actually managed to get one last week with a money off coupon at maplins and I love it :) I got the fitbit one and stick it in my bra :)

I actually managed to get one last week with a money off coupon at maplins and I love it :) I got the fitbit one and stick it in my bra :)

I used to wear a fitbit in my bra and it worked lose one day so I lost it. Suggest you make sure it's really well secured. Apparently it happens quite often.

I wear mine facing inwards so it's trapped in my bra LOL

I brought a One.....

I prefer it over my pedometer as you can do it much more with it

Anyone up for doing a Step Challenge this month?

I have a FitBit one. I used to track steps with my phone but don't always have my bag with me so the FitBit is fab. I clip it on my bra and forget about it. When I started out I was averaging about 6,000 steps a day. This past week I've been doing twice that, and more. It really is motivating! I went to NY recently for work and forgot my charger (it only needs charging every couple of weeks so it's easy to forget it needs it) and it felt so weird without it I went in search of a new charger (but they're difficult to find in shops without the FitBit - online would have been fine but I didn't have time).

Anyway. I'm by no means a fitness nut (though I'm working on that at the moment) and would highly recommend it!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's out of stock :(

Sent from my HTC One mini 2 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just wanting to check if any of you lovely ladies still think it's worth it after you have had them for a few months ?

Do you still use it ? Would you say it's worth it ?

I love mine! I've had it since April this year and have increased my steps from a woeful average of about 4500 a day to 9500 or more a day without really trying. It definitely isn't a 'gimmick'. It won't necessarily help you lose weight of course. What it does do is give you accurate data, which is very useful feedback. What you do with that information is up to you!

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love mine! I've had it since April this year and have increased my steps from a woeful average of about 4500 a day to 9500 or more a day without really trying. It definitely isn't a 'gimmick'. It won't necessarily help you lose weight of course. What it does do is give you accurate data, which is very useful feedback. What you do with that information is up to you! Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Arty, which one do you have ?

Back