Fitflops

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
There was a thread about these special flip-flops a while ago, with people raving about them. They're pretty dear but I managed to find a pair on eBay being sold by someone who'd bought them new and found them to be too big, so that was a bargain for me! :)

They came today and I've been wearing them all afternoon and evening - and wondering what they actually do? I was expecting something with an uneven sole like MBTs or similar, but this sole just seems pretty normal really (I thought it was going to have a sole I would have to balance on). I've got some Chung-Shi trainers and you do really have to balance when you wear those, but these are nothing like that.

I don't regret getting them, but I just wondered if anyone knew what they were meant to do? (It says on the sole, "get a workout while you walk"! :confused:)

Hey Jacey..
I remember seeing a post about these fitflops but I dont really know anything about them.. Let us know if you notice any miraculous changes as I will definatley get some if they are good..
xx

I promised myself a pair last year, but never got around to buying them! I did order a pair a couple of weeks ago, but the design I wanted was out of stock :cry:

From what I've heard, it seems that they don't do a lot, but once you get used to them, they are very comfortable.

I can really feel my calves aching after a day of wearing them! I have loads of pairs now :eek: I love them! xx

i think it was me that started the post, if you go for a walk that has some small hills you can feel they do force you to walk a certain way, i feel it in the lower legs and sort of just below the bum and near the inner thigh! if i wear them at work which is completely flat but i walk back and forwards a lot then it takes a while but i feel it by lunch time.

If you want an alternative that you feel straight away then I can recommend Earth Shoes. I say recommend...they're a bit too hardcore for me lol.

I have some Earth Boots and sometimes took the dog for a walk in them, but always have to come back early because my calves kill me. Maybe they take some getting used to or I have tight hamstrings.

You can buy them on Love Those Shoes, which is where I got mine from. They are expensive, but have lots of styles and they work!

I think they tend to lengthen your muscles at the back of your leg, which makes them look slimmer (like yoga would for example) rather than bulk them up.

Might get a pair for summer if there are any in the sale (which they have a fair bit)

I have got several pairs of fitflops and have worn them for a couple of years now. I'm not sure if they tone me up, but they are really comfortable, I can wear them all day and my joints and back never ache when I wear them, the same cannot be said for my other flip flops or flatties

Well, I've been wearing my Fitflops ever since I got them, and I must say they are very comfortable (I can even drive in them). But I haven't felt any 'exercising' in my muscles yet, perhaps it's because I've only really been pottering in them and not going out for a big striding walk.

I'm glad I got the ones I did, they're brown suede with a fringe - wasn't that keen on any of the other styles! :eek: (It's amazing how shoes that are supposed to be good for you can look so ugly - my Chung-Shi trainers are big chunky clodhoppers, and those Earth shoes are really not pretty, lol.)

Jaycey, I bought some fitflops about a month ago, They are very nice, but as for working out your legs and but, what a load of rubbish lol, i do wear them all the time, look nice with my jeans, but thats it,

Friend at work has some she said they don't do anything for her!

Back