Fitness levels

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dietingdon, 8 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Dietingdon

Dietingdon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st6lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Since Ive gained a lot of weight, my fitness and health has really suffered, and boy am I feeling it! As I lose weight, should I naturally feel fitter, or will this take lots of exercise to feel fitter? Is it ok to exercise on SS?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    You don't necessarily get 'fitter' by losing weight alone although you feel so much better for not carting the excess bulk about. That in turn makes you WANT to move about more so might help you get a bit fitter. To really capitalise on the fitness thing though, some sort of proper exercise is needed. It doesn't have to be a gym; it could be walking, cycling, swimming, ice-skating etc. Doing a programme of resistance exercise (weights) helps build (tone) the muscle that burns the fat and it improves shape.
    PS
    Moderate exercise is OK on SS but you shouldn't do intensive cardio workouts

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.