Flapjack recipes please!!!!

That recipe looks lovely but i have a silly question :eek:

I don't have porridge oats but i do have ready brek
-can i use this?

hi
I wouldn't use ready brek, its much much finer than porridge oats and would give a very different texture
oats are pretty cheap if you go for the most basic version

Id defo say a no on the ready breck hun. I made mine with scottish porridge oats :D and if im honest you need the prunes & apricots too as they help keep it moist / chewy just like a flap jack should be.
The only thing i did different from the recipe was split the mix into its hex B's and cook in a fairy cake tin as they are hard to cut into the 10 :(

Thanks Circes.
having a picnic this weekend and tempted to make it to take along, so i feel like im having a little treat! only thing is i really dont like prunes and apricots, do u think it is an essential part of the recipe like furrystomper said it adds to the texture etc? x

I think it would be very dry without them to be honest. I wouldn't worry about them as they are chopped so fine you'll hardly notice they are there. It's very different to eating them on their own as they are combined with lots of other flavours. I didn't think I would like prunes but I love the flapjacks. Just make sure you get some nice soft and juicy ones.

FOUND IT!!!!!

This is the Slimming World Canderel Cherry and Chocolate Flapjack. 4.5 syns per piece :D

As follows:

4 tbsp runny honey
1oz/28g Canderel Granules
9oz/255g low fat spread suitable for baking
.5 tsp ground ginger
.5 tsp groung nutmeg
12oz/340g porridge oats
5oz/142g glace cherries (chopped)
1oz/28g Canderel Rich Dark Chocolate

1) Preheat oven to Gas Mk 2 - line a 23x28cm swiss roll tin with baking parchment

2) Place honey, Canderel, spread, ginger and nutmeg in a large pan over a medium heat and stir until mixture starts to bubble.

3) Add oats and cherries and stir until oats are coated - remove the pan from the heat.

4) Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and spread out evenly. Place on middle shelf of the oven and bake for 40-45 mins, until lightly golden.

5) When cooked, cut into 36 portions whilst still warm. When they are completely cool, melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the flapjacks.

6) When chocolate sets, remove and store flapjacks.

I havent made them yet - getting the ingredients tomorrow :D - I';; let you know how I get on!!!

FOUND IT!!!!!

This is the Slimming World Canderel Cherry and Chocolate Flapjack. 4.5 syns per piece :D

As follows:

4 tbsp runny honey
1oz/28g Canderel Granules
9oz/255g low fat spread suitable for baking
.5 tsp ground ginger
.5 tsp groung nutmeg
12oz/340g porridge oats
5oz/142g glace cherries (chopped)
1oz/28g Canderel Rich Dark Chocolate

1) Preheat oven to Gas Mk 2 - line a 23x28cm swiss roll tin with baking parchment

2) Place honey, Canderel, spread, ginger and nutmeg in a large pan over a medium heat and stir until mixture starts to bubble.

3) Add oats and cherries and stir until oats are coated - remove the pan from the heat.

4) Transfer the mixture to the baking tray and spread out evenly. Place on middle shelf of the oven and bake for 40-45 mins, until lightly golden.

5) When cooked, cut into 36 portions whilst still warm. When they are completely cool, melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the flapjacks.

6) When chocolate sets, remove and store flapjacks.

I havent made them yet - getting the ingredients tomorrow :D - I';; let you know how I get on!!!

How did this turn out? I made the HExB one which was nice but quite a small portion compared to say a hi-fi bar.

Back