Flavoured coffee on cambridge

pookie74

Just looked on label in 100g there is 64 calories, 7.0g protein, 9.0 carbohydrate of which sugars 9.0. Fat content is 0.2g when you have one teaspoon it wld make it relatively small - what do people think advise please????? Are we allowed it or is it a big no no???

Just looked on label in 100g there is 64 calories, 7.0g protein, 9.0 carbohydrate of which sugars 9.0. Fat content is 0.2g when you have one teaspoon it wld make it relatively small - what do people think advise please????? Are we allowed it or is it a big no no???

Oooh, a maths question. :D

Well, let's see. Say a teaspoon of coffee weighs 4g (it might even be less). So you'd get 25 teaspoons of coffee in 100g jar.

So, dividing those values above by 25...

1 tsp of flavoured coffee would contain 2.56 calories, 0.28g protein and 0.36g of carbohydrate (sugar). I won't even bother with the fat content. :)

So I'd say it couldn't do much harm - so long as you don't drink gallons of the stuff and, to err on the safe side, keep to 1-2 cups a day. :)

Just a quick quessie though - you didn't spot any citric acid on the label, did you?

Well in that case, I say try the flavoured coffee. Most people don't realise that ordinary coffee contains calories - I've seen estimates of up to 6 calories a cup, though I reckon that'd be pretty strong coffee!

Back