Flavoured water

anisacotty

Someone please tell me there is flavoured water with no citric acid. My CDC said I was fine to
Drink flavoured water and went a brought 10 2 litre bottle this all contains citric or malic acid!!

So on day 9 and seems I have never been in ketosis because of this?

Please someone tell me there is someout there I can drink!

hi i THINK that there is a tescos flavoured water that has none of the above... its the 2L bottel I believe... not the smaller ones!! Probably a blackcurrant flavour.. you'd need to have a look
tho :)
This may still take you off track tho so be careful

Sorry just cheched... its a 1.5ltr bottle of strawberry flavoured water which contains malic acid! Not sure if it will compromise the diet x

Malic acid is fine it's citric acid that affects ketosis. I've had the Tescos Strawberry and also the apple water and it doesn't affect ketosis. Sainsburys do a fizzy Strawberry and kiwi that doesn't contain citric acid.

Surfhunny said:
Malic acid is fine it's citric acid that affects ketosis. I've had the Tescos Strawberry and also the apple water and it doesn't affect ketosis. Sainsburys do a fizzy Strawberry and kiwi that doesn't contain citric acid.

Thank you for this info :) x

Charlie Woo Woo said:
Have you had a WI yet? maybe its not effected you as much as you think? xx

Yes lost 5.5lbs just think this could have been more as seen many around the 10lb region.

Gutted. Also just done ketostix and has trace ketones!

Drinking and being knocked out of ketosis isn't going to have much if antsy impact on your losses. Weight loss is down to calorie deficit. Being in or out of ketosis definitely wouldn't make a 5lb difference

Surfhunny said:

Great to know this, I'm off to get some for sure x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Starlight said:
Drinking and being knocked out of ketosis isn't going to have much if antsy impact on your losses. Weight loss is down to calorie deficit. Being in or out of ketosis definitely wouldn't make a 5lb difference

So if you never went into ketosis you'd still loose weight but at a slower pace? Are we all too obsessed with ketosis?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Rkmriddell said:
We possibly are but it's the ketosis that stops the hunger isn't it?? x

Yep ketosis stops the hunger! Also if your body has got glycogen stores (which it will if you're not in ketosis) you will automatically burn the glycogen before any fat, so you're always going to feel hungry and lose weight at a much slower rate.

I bought some Robinsons squash (the one with added calcium) for my OH and that has Malic Acid - not Citric Acid. I haven't had any - i'm not that fed up with fizzy water yet, so I haven't been tempted.
Lx

Back