flavoured water!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by pink-sarah, 9 March 2008 Social URL.

1. pink-sarah

pink-sarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cwp
    Hi peeps! i know im not starting CD until tuesday, but can you drink flavoured water like the volvic lemon and lime stuff, i can drink flavoured water by the barrow load, but struggle with plain water..?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. esmeotto

esmeotto Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi Sarah, Good for your journey!

I'm afraid that you can't drink regular flavoured water as it contains citric acid (see sticky thread about citric acid) but you can buy CD water flavourings to add to your water.

Helenx

4. Fuffa

Fuffa Member

Start Weight:
    11st13lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    HI sarah I'm afraid you can't as they have citric acid in:( Good luck with your CD journey xx

5. Mary Poppins

Mary Poppins Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    8st3lb(41.97%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    AS previous people have said,no I don't think you can,But I was really concerned that I wasn't going to be able to drink the water.
    I used to drink loads and I really mean loads of diet coke and I thought I would really miss it,but I don't.Even coffee I don't fancy as much as I used to and I sometimes go all day without a cup.
    I have really embraced the water!!Although people notice my weight loss,the thing most people say is how much better my skin is and that is the water I'm sure.

It is amazing how CD changes your habits and your tastes

6. pink-sarah

pink-sarah Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cwp
    thanks girls, as long as theres something i can buy to change the flavour i'll be fine... i know if i dont drink water my skin gets soooo dry and flaky..

7. Dave

Dave Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    What about making iced tea? Weak green tea can make a nice iced tea... it is full of antioxidants too.

I don't know whether any of the flavoured teas are allowed?

8. esmeotto

esmeotto Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    You can have teas that are made from leaves,so black tea, green tea, white tea, nettle tea, peppermint tea......But not fruit teas.

Helenx

9. cillabatty

cillabatty carol

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    Hi I drink the orange and raspberry flavourings in hot water I find it easier to get down.

10. wahine

wahine Member

What is the forest fruit water flavouring like? I am always wary of any kind of 'mixed berry' esque flavours as i HATE strawberry flavourings! (might have something to do with the fact that I am allergic to the real thing- even though I loved them!)

But i love all the other berry flavourings... do u think i'd like it?

11. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

you can make ice pops with the water flavourings too :D i found drinking water hard at first but you will be surprised how quick you get into it.

12. shinyhappyperson

shinyhappyperson Silver Member

The CD flavourings are Summer Fruits and Sunshine Orange. The berry one is not strawberry'ish at all and is lovley. The orange one has a strange fizz to it - almost sherbetty - and is nice, but I can't have too much of it.

A CDC can confirm, but I don't think you are allowed the water flavourings in week 1. Don't know why!

13. Melaniep

Melaniep Member

The berry one to me tastes of raspberry not strawberry. I can't remember, but I think it's week 3 you can have them. I can't drink too much plain water, but find I can drink sparkling, I buy the 17p supermarket own cheap brand tastes ok to me.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.