flavoured water!

pink-sarah

Silver Member
Hi peeps! i know im not starting CD until tuesday, but can you drink flavoured water like the volvic lemon and lime stuff, i can drink flavoured water by the barrow load, but struggle with plain water..?

Hi Sarah, Good for your journey!

I'm afraid that you can't drink regular flavoured water as it contains citric acid (see sticky thread about citric acid) but you can buy CD water flavourings to add to your water.

Helenx

HI sarah I'm afraid you can't as they have citric acid in:( Good luck with your CD journey xx

AS previous people have said,no I don't think you can,But I was really concerned that I wasn't going to be able to drink the water.
I used to drink loads and I really mean loads of diet coke and I thought I would really miss it,but I don't.Even coffee I don't fancy as much as I used to and I sometimes go all day without a cup.
I have really embraced the water!!Although people notice my weight loss,the thing most people say is how much better my skin is and that is the water I'm sure.

It is amazing how CD changes your habits and your tastes

thanks girls, as long as theres something i can buy to change the flavour i'll be fine... i know if i dont drink water my skin gets soooo dry and flaky..

What about making iced tea? Weak green tea can make a nice iced tea... it is full of antioxidants too.

I don't know whether any of the flavoured teas are allowed?

I don't know whether any of the flavoured teas are allowed?

You can have teas that are made from leaves,so black tea, green tea, white tea, nettle tea, peppermint tea......But not fruit teas.

Helenx

Hi I drink the orange and raspberry flavourings in hot water I find it easier to get down.

What is the forest fruit water flavouring like? I am always wary of any kind of 'mixed berry' esque flavours as i HATE strawberry flavourings! (might have something to do with the fact that I am allergic to the real thing- even though I loved them!)

But i love all the other berry flavourings... do u think i'd like it?

you can make ice pops with the water flavourings too :D i found drinking water hard at first but you will be surprised how quick you get into it.

What is the forest fruit water flavouring like? I am always wary of any kind of 'mixed berry' esque flavours as i HATE strawberry flavourings! (might have something to do with the fact that I am allergic to the real thing- even though I loved them!)

But i love all the other berry flavourings... do u think i'd like it?

The CD flavourings are Summer Fruits and Sunshine Orange. The berry one is not strawberry'ish at all and is lovley. The orange one has a strange fizz to it - almost sherbetty - and is nice, but I can't have too much of it.

A CDC can confirm, but I don't think you are allowed the water flavourings in week 1. Don't know why!

The berry one to me tastes of raspberry not strawberry. I can't remember, but I think it's week 3 you can have them. I can't drink too much plain water, but find I can drink sparkling, I buy the 17p supermarket own cheap brand tastes ok to me.

Back