Flexi Syns - still 100% SW?

lemma1968

Silver Member
I understand the concept of flexi syns and i have used it for the first time today for some apple crumble and custard (27 syns altogether). I normally do not manage to eat all my syns as my free foods and HE's fill me up without me having to.

Are you still regarded as being on the plan 100% if you use flexi syns?

i think i would say its 100% sw BUT i think you have to be motivated enough to say ive had so many syns and then carry on as normal and not be tempted to just have a total blow out if you know what i mean

I was thinking this today!!
I've had 26 syns today but over the week I've had 68 so far with just Monday to go. So that means I've had under my 15 a day over all.
So am I on plan and will I get a loss at weigh in tomorrow evening?!

I have had very few syns all week until today and then 12 is hardly a blow out - i did factor them in.

obviously you will get a weight loss, but the consultants say you should have your syns aswell, if you find you are not using them just reduce to 5 a day instead of 15 x i have had 11 today as I have a twirl bar for my chocolate fix :)

The key to flexi syns is whether you planned them before you ate them.

It is 100% SW to realise that an 'event' is likely to put you over syns, plan for how many you are going to allow yourself, and not go over that amount.

It is NOT 100% SW to go over syns and afterwards mark it down as flexi syns. If you do this and still lose that is great, but it is not 100% SW- I think the message they are trying to give off here is one of not losing control around food

Hope this helps

xxxx

I understand it to be as CP says. Flexisyns are for when you have an event (party, nightout, special meal etc) in which case you set yourself a maximum amount of syns for that event (eating normally the rest of the day) and stick to your 'agreed' syns.

Back