Flexible syn day - will it work?

Squ1rrel

I've lost 10lbs in 4 weeks at SW - a feat i'm proud of but I'm worried that this week and next week it will all go pear shaped.

I had a belated wedding treat yesterday - someone had bought us a voucher for a champagne afternoon tea at a luxury hotel - when I spoke to my leader about it last week, she said just use your syns as normal all the other days and have a flexivle syn day on Saturday (which meant I could go overboard as long as I counted my syns).
Well after adding up all the items I've reached about 75 syns!! And that's making a guess of some of the values, so I've probably undercalculated!!

I dont think I'll get away without putting any weight on this week - I'm aiming for a STS at least - I'd be happy with that!! I've tried to cut down on syns on the other days but I can't seem to live without them!!!

I am also going abroad for 4 nights over the Easter Weekend to a country famous for it's pastries!!! I am still going to try and stick to food optimizing when I am away but I dont want to deny myself some treats on my holiday as I've not been away for ages and want to enjoy myself!!!

I'm just worried that it would be quite easy to put the wholde 10lb back on if I'm not careful. hoping that I can do a lot of walking on holiday to work those extra calories off!!

Well the thing with flexi synning is that you are supposed to decide in advance how many syns you are going to have that day, count your syns as normal and stop when you reach your self imposed limit. You are also not supposed to cut back afterwards so dont worry about not doing that. You have to accept you may not lose which it sounds you are so as long as you are back on plan then I would call it a success ;)

I had a flexi-syn weekend last week! I didnt go too mad, but I had lunch out and chose what I thought was a food optimising choice, but it came out swimming in oil. Then I went and had a slab of butter and cream filled fudge, the following day I went to mc donalds and generally picked all round me. I was off plan for 2 days, stuck to plan 100% for the other 5, and lost a half a pound. Was so convinced I was going to gain, but it just showed me that I can still have a life. I celebrated my husbands birthday and patricks day in one weekend, really enjoyed myself and still had a loss! A small one, but a loss none the less!

I think the problem with going off plan is how long you go off for. I know for myself, when I had an "off-plan" day on other diets I would treat it as the whole day and go mad. But on SW, I went off plan for that one occassion and then right back on it.

Enjoy yourself, whats the point in being skinny if you are constantly denying yourself? Its not every weekend you go for champagne tea or on holiday! You might have 2 bad weeks in a row, but when is the next time you will be faced with that kind of temptation?

Back