Flexible syns day!!!

HaylA36

Can anyone fully explain these to me? Do you roughly count what you've had - on say a day you can't stick to the plan - say for example you had, 70 syns. Do you then cut back all week or start afresh the next day with your 15 syns? Thanks x

Don't cut back on syns for the rest of week, draw a line under your flexible day and begin afresh the next day.

X

Ah thank you!!!! Been on plan for 5 weeks and almost lost a stone but I'm having a few ciders today fancy a few drinks.. Drinks are really high on this!!!!

Don't cut back on syns for the rest of week, draw a line under your flexible day and begin afresh the next day.

X

Thanks for posting this. Good to get it clear in my mind.

My mind set was 'oh I have blown it today so I may as well eat like crazy for the rest of the week'. I like the idea of flexi syns to keep myself in check. Drawn the line after a day instead of letting it turn into far longer.

Ah thank you!!!! Been on plan for 5 weeks and almost lost a stone but I'm having a few ciders today fancy a few drinks.. Drinks are really high on this!!!!

Very well done on losing nearly a stone.

Just a thought, if you like spirits as well as cider, they are very much lower in syns when you have them with a diet mixer. Nice long drink but low syn.

Can anyone fully explain these to me? Do you roughly count what you've had - on say a day you can't stick to the plan - say for example you had, 70 syns. Do you then cut back all week or start afresh the next day with your 15 syns? Thanks x

Okay it depends what you are asking about as there are two options.

First you can use your syns weekly, counting down from 105 syns or however many you have been given, so you can compensate for going over one day but cutting back the next. Some people do this regularly and others find it doesn't work for them though.

Then there are flexi days which are not just about having a day off plan. They are intended for special occasions not to be done on a weekly basis. You have to plan it in advance and work out how many syns you're going to need for the event, whether its 50, 100, 150 or whatever. On the day you count your syns as normal but stop synning when you reach your limit. Next day its back on plan without cutting back on syns. You have to accept you may not lose that week but its about having stayed in control of your eating. For this reason you cant just have a blow out one day and call it a flexi day

Hope that helps a bit x

Back