Florida here we come!!!

We're going to Florida for Christmas and New year - me, Kp, my eldest daughter and her boyfriend, my middle daughter and her boyfriend, my son, my SD, my sister and her boyfriend!!! We are staying in a 4bed 3bathroom villa with pool and jacuzzi and I'm so excited.

Anyone been there at Xmas or New Year?? Do they celebrate the same as we do?? Will places be open?? Restaurants?? How hot will it be??

I've just arranged a new passport for my son - as his would have only had 3months on it by the time we came back. Do we need visas?? Last time we went was 8years ago - and Easter time ... so totally different.

Sounds lovely! Xmas in FLorida......mmmmm

Hi Beverley, I've been over Xmas/NY.....it is AMAZING. Everywhere is open, they put on the most amazing shows EVER. I couldn't believe it when we left Magic Kingdom on Xmas Eve and they made it snow!! (well it wasn't real snow but was magical). We are going November (as I got three weeks for the price Xmas/NY would have cost), but I regret that I'll miss all the special things they do at that time of year. YOU'LL LOVE IT HUN.

re the weather. It can be boiling (and I mean boiling) one day, but the next you may have to wear a long sleeve top.....we had freak weather a couple of years ago where it was really cold in the evenings, but the sky is always blue and most days its Tshirt weather. You should get a few days when you can go to the waterparks. Just check the weather forecast out and plan your days around that. I love the weather at that time as in August (when I went last year), it was unbearable.
xx

Back