Flutter-by-Us SW Diary - Please Read and Comment as No Weight Loss!!

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
So this is my first day of SW and I've been hungry but also unprepared so I have to be more prepared, have more food in the house and re-read some menus so I can see exactly what I can eat.

Ok need to write down what I've had today to see what I can have for tea and for now as I'm starving!!

Hopefully all the healthy extras and syns look about right!

RED DAY

B - 1 x 400g wholemeal toast (1/2 HEb) and 1 x egg
L - 3 x ryvita cracker (1 HEb), houmous (2 syns), tomato, cucumber, 1 x laughing cow triangle (1 HEa), few strawberries, small piece mango and pineapple

Ok so that leaves 1/2HEb and some sins ............

T - egg, mushrooms, small piece steak (2 syns for smear of oil used for cooking mushies and egg)

Going for a run now so will have either toast (rest of HEb) or yoghurt when I get back and day 1 done!

Last edited:
Did run :) just over 5km and just having cup of tea as really don't feel that hungry but on-line doing some investigative work for tomorrow as according to myfitnesspal only have eaten about 500 calories soooo not enough and that's without taking away whatever my run has worked off!

Day 2

Ok so day 1 went well though I haven't weighed myself yet scared of what I'll see plus it's * week (or week and a half!) so will just weight (!) and see how I feel.

Another red day for me and here's the plan -

B - 1 x wholemeal toast (1/2 HEb), boiled egg, Activia FF yoghurt cherry yum
L - huge salad - carrot, lettuce, cabbage, mackerel and beetroot with some apple thrown in for good measure! alpen light (1/2 HEb)
T - soup (if I've made it!) carrot, onion, garlic, stock. Ok didn't make the soup so had chicken breast with laughing cow extra light cheese triangle (1/2 HEa), small amount peas and carrots, Parmentier Potatoes (3 syns), tzatziki (1 syn), beetroot

Last edited:
Darn!!!!

Well did the dreaded weigh in no point starting a diet if you don't know how much you're losing ....
Wish I hadn't.

Anyway weighed in at just under 78kg so pretty bang back where I started before Atkins feel really stupid, annoyed, upset etc etc.

BUT

So far today has been a good food day, I've just done a 40min run along the beach on a beautiful sunny day and ran for the whole 40mins and just under 6km so longest run to date.

Things can (and will) only get better :)

Hmmm ok took me ages to find this diary better be quick as the Apprentice is on soon!

RED DAY

B - Activia ff yoghurt, apple
Snack - alpen light (1/2 HEb)
Lunch - strawberries, orange - very busy day and only unhealthy options so didn't have anything!
Tea - turkey casserole - turkey, onion, carrot, mushrooms in Colemans sauce (2 syns), beetroot, tzatziki (2 syns)

Snack - small flapjack (6 syns I think!)
Snack - nectarine
Snack - piece toast (wholemeal 400g) 1/2HEb, peanut butter scraping of (2 syns)

TOTAL SYNS 12

Not a bad day considering I've snacked mainly have long day in the car tomorrow so need to plan to minimise damage!!

Ok today was a looooong day and think I made some bad food choices but I live and learn -

GREEN DAY (turned into one!)
B - apple in the car
L - leek and potato soup (5 syns?), brown roll (HEb), butter (4 syns)
T - beans, egg, brown roll (HEb), Activia ff yoghurt

But for lunch I could have had another red day by having the beef and veggies but hey ho!

Am still hungry probably due to lack of free foods .......
So have an apple (small one) and 25g cheese (HEa)

Right bedtime to prevent me eating the mini shortcake biccies my hubby is chomping on!

Last edited:
Hi flutter!!!

Hope your enjoying sw!!! Well done for joining!!! Ive done so many different diets over the years, I never thought sw would work for me because I'm veggie an would only have green days, but OMG, it so works!!! I'm sure you'll be losing the weight you've put on since aitkins in no time, I always felt so deprived cutting out carbs before and still worry sometimes about eating them but I do and I'm still losing!!

Sorry - rambling now!! Anyway, diary looks good, although you could probably eat more!! Good luck with your journey!! :)

Awwww thanks love :) you're doing so well (must be really hard on the long flights as so much temptation in such a limited space) well done :)
Atkins is hard and looking through the SW magazines for recipes I am so pleased to be able to start thinking about eating same food as my 2 girls (better example for them too!) and eating carbs - soooo loving my fruit again. For me an apple must be better than a frankenfood no sugar chocolate bar?

Good luck and safe journeys xx

flutter-by-us said:
Awwww thanks love :) you're doing so well (must be really hard on the long flights as so much temptation in such a limited space) well done :)
Atkins is hard and looking through the SW magazines for recipes I am so pleased to be able to start thinking about eating same food as my 2 girls (better example for them too!) and eating carbs - soooo loving my fruit again. For me an apple must be better than a frankenfood no sugar chocolate bar?

Good luck and safe journeys xx

Definately better for you!! And you can always syn proper chocolate when you have that craving!! I find if I don't have chocolate in the house, alpen light summer fruits bar satisfy my cravings!! If the chocolates there however, it always gets eaten!!! Easter chocs nearly all gone thankfully!!!! X

I get hubby to hide the "treats" in the house that way I can't get them and if I don't see them I'm fine but if they're in view (and reach) they're gone!
Alpen lights are lovely I'm trying not to eat chocolate but it's good to know if I wanted to I could ..... :)

Hey hun!! How are you? Are you still doing Atkins? Never mind all that how were the hols? Go on make me jealous!! xxx

Ok not sure what today is going to be .....

RED DAY!!

B - fruit salad apple, nectarine, banana and passion fruit, wholemeal toast (1/2 HEb), peanut butter (2 syns)
L - leftover turkey casserole - turkey, carrot, onion, mushrooms, colemans sauce (2 syns), Activia ff yoghurt
Snack - alpen light (HEb)
D - quorn sausages, egg, mushrooms, slice toast (1/2HEb), tomato ketchup (2 syns)
Snack - animal biscuit (not choccie one!) (1 syn)

Going shopping so we'll see what goodies I can get ....
Maybe some quorn sausages fancy hot dog with caramalized onions and sw chips and ketchup oh yummy!

Ok so didn't have hot dog as ate late and couldn't wait ages for the onion.

Darn only have enough syns really for 1 treat size choccie bar ah well best make it a good one

Last edited:
flutter-by-us said:
Going shopping so we'll see what goodies I can get ....
Maybe some quorn sausages fancy hot dog with caramalized onions and sw chips and ketchup oh yummy!

Hmmmmm sounds yummy!!! I'm def going to have hot dogs when I get home!!x

Dukan is pretty hard core I didn't like it (or lose on it) you're doing great though!
I'm fine busy what with work, 2 girls and I've started running again but enjoying SW and even finding some time to be back on here :D.

Are you still running too?

Ask away hopefully I'll be more knowledgeable soon and will be able to help you!
Can't believe people would be so mean to you as you work so hard to lose weight and get fit and then they just try and bring you down. You'r doing fab keep your head high you're achieving so much :D.

Ah job is fine thanks settled in ok though have training so that means time away from the girls :(:(

There is more of me to fit in your backpack now but I'd give it a try!
Where are you staying? xx

So another red day after my bacon sarnie ...........

B - bacon, brown roll (HEb), tom sauce (1 syn), egg, WW yogurt (black cherry v scrummy)
Snack - apple, satsuma
L - veggie soup (its that kind of weather) - carrot, sweet potato (1 syn), onion, garlic, coriander
D - made spag bol in the end as my girls asked for it! Extra lean mince, dolmio sauce (4 syns), spaghetti (HEb), small amount grated cheese (HEa)

So had options (2 syns) and a mini caramel shortcake (4 syns?)

TOTAL 12 syns

Managed 30min run last night in my training for the race for life ... am trying to do it in 30mins or under - we'll see! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So there were 9 syns left ......

Think I'll have options hot choc and 2 mini choc bars which should just about cover it!

Morning all well I am disappointed as my home wi shows nil, nowt, zero, zilch = nuffink! Pah will keep going though as I'm enjoying it, definitely eating healthier and not as much rubbish .... Still think it's down to TOTM.

Haven't decided what day I'm doing today

B - half banana, all bran (1/2 HEb), milk from allowance.
Snack - apple, satsuma after run
L - 2 x wholemeal bread (HEb), grated cheese (HEa), wotsits (not even half a pack so 2 syns), ww fat free yoghurt
Snack - lick of whippy ice-cream, half home-made pancake (7 syns total)
D -quorn sausages, sw chips (yummy and that was without any fry light), peas

Last edited:
Despite it being very windy I did a good 5km run again today not sure of time or pace as phone and app not working very well it almost landed in the ditch a few times :mad:
I know it's 5km as I've ran it before just did it back to front for variety!
I felt faster but that could have just been with the wind on my back ;)

Back