Flutter-by-Us SW Diary - Please Read and Comment as No Weight Loss!!

So had my 1st green day and thoroughly enjoyed the sw chips not using any fry light stuff but did use plenty vinegar.
Still have some syns if I'm going to max out that is so may have the choccie bar I didn't have last night!

Hope I see some loss soon though TOTM is due so maybe not - pah

Well done in your run!!! I landed today and have just been lazing on settee all day... Had MASSIVE bowl pasta, so stuffed but so yummy!! Did your sw chips still go crispy without the frylight??x

Hi! Welcome back x

No they didn't crisp up but they still tasted nice (to me) I really don't like the fry light (though the olive oil is meant to be nicer as I find the original has a horrible taste!)

Are you home for a few days now?

Yeah!! 3 days off!! Not got too much planned so I'm hitting the gym and eating 100%!!! had a sneaky step on the scales after I landed ....not good!!! Ooooh I might try without frylight, I don't mind the taste but I'm all for reducing intake of unnecessary stuff!! Think I'm doing veggie burgers tomorrow so may do wedges like that!! Thanks!

I bet the long haul flights muck up your rhythms so much it must be difficult but you do really well avoiding all the naughty things on the flights and like you say 3 days where you can get to the gym and to some great work :)

Hope you enjoy the fry light free wedges!

Think it's possibly a RED day today ......

B - scrambled eggs, ff yoghurt
L - 3 x ryvita (well almost tasted like cardboard anyhow and we'll say HEb!), tomato, ham, cheese coleslaw (2 syns), fruit (various)
D - going to try the sweet chilli chicken (2 syns) - very hot must have been the harissa paste!, 1/2 baked pot (1/2HEb), cauliflower

Snacks - 3 x mini choc fingers (2 syns?)

So still some syns and my HEs to have ....

1/2HEb, HEa and 9 syns (ish)

Last edited:
Hi,
I'm a previous Atkins dieter too..and a previous Atkins dieter who didn't seem to lose any weight! I liked not having carbs cause I'm a bit of a carb junky and show no portion control with them. But I missed icrecream and alcohol..Atkins is so inflexible and unforgiving.

Anyway I'm also doing red days. I'm impressed you've managed to put fruit back in your diet. I just can't do it...

Hi,
I'm a previous Atkins dieter too..and a previous Atkins dieter who didn't seem to lose any weight! I liked not having carbs cause I'm a bit of a carb junky and show no portion control with them. But I missed icrecream and alcohol..Atkins is so inflexible and unforgiving.

Anyway I'm also doing red days. I'm impressed you've managed to put fruit back in your diet. I just can't do it...

You're right vegemite I found Atkins inflexible and hated that if you even ate the tiniest carb it put you out of ketosis etc though I didn't go through OWL or anything so am sure it might be more flexible if you did that but for me it wasn't sustainable.

How are you liking SW in comparison?
Red days are good like Atkins just yummier! :)

Fruit I love it but it tastes so sweet compared to pre-Atkins but I enjoy it so much but to try to limit my intake!

I've done Slimming World off and on for the past 13 years so I'm an old hand really. I just struggle to stick with it..
I used to do the Green Plan, then did EE but now I'm doing Red, I can't believe I didn't do it before. I much prefer it and I'm not over eating or hungry in the same way.
I guess Atkins was good for something!

I started Atkins cause my DH was told to cut back on carbs due to sleep problems and I thought doing the same diet was more helpful. Also he's not one for trimming off fat etc but I just couldn't stick with it long term.

I'm finding fruit isn't something I eat as a meal and because I'm just eating 3 meals a day I don't find any room to fit it in my diet....Considering how much I used to eat, I'm not missing it at all.

Also since doing Atkins I'm not eating any 'frankenfoods' ( I love that word!) It's been pretty much only things with one ingredient..so I guess it wasn't all bad

I've done Slimming World off and on for the past 13 years so I'm an old hand really. I just struggle to stick with it..
I used to do the Green Plan, then did EE but now I'm doing Red, I can't believe I didn't do it before. I much prefer it and I'm not over eating or hungry in the same way.
I guess Atkins was good for something!

I started Atkins cause my DH was told to cut back on carbs due to sleep problems and I thought doing the same diet was more helpful. Also he's not one for trimming off fat etc but I just couldn't stick with it long term.

I'm finding fruit isn't something I eat as a meal and because I'm just eating 3 meals a day I don't find any room to fit it in my diet....Considering how much I used to eat, I'm not missing it at all.

Also since doing Atkins I'm not eating any 'frankenfoods' ( I love that word!) It's been pretty much only things with one ingredient..so I guess it wasn't all bad

I think that's the things with diets they are "easy" to follow to start with but actually long term they're hard to stick to unless they change your eating habits.

I do think the red days give you better balance lots of protein to fill you up but also some "good" carbs and although I have been hungry it's probably because I haven't been eating enough protein.

Good luck with SW I am sure you'll do really well :) xx

Today seems to be a ..... day

B - Activia ff yoghurt
L - nothing - very bad as nothing SW friendly at hand so decided to be good and had nothing had a pear though when I got home
D - sandwich (HEb), cheese (HEa), 1/2 pack wotsits (3 syns)
Snack - 3 x ryvita multigrain (HEb), houmous (2 syns), cucumber

So it's been a nothing day really will have HEb after I come back from my run and maybe a syn or 2 ....

It's difficult as I didn't want to eat much before my run but not sure I choose best thing to eat should probably have thrown in a banana or something.

Still windy here so will be hard work but well it might be very windy at Race for Life so I can't pick and choose the weather :rolleyes:

Ok so did run 5.5km all good apart from sore leg!

Last edited:
Ouch! Leg is sore but rubbed some stuff on it and seems ok for now but maybe no run today grrrrr

GREEN DAY

B -ff activia yoghurt with passion fruit stirred through, egg and 1 slice wholemeal toast (1/2HEb)
L -bachelors pasta n sauce made with water and milk allowance, pear
D -asda wholemeal pitta (HEb), cheese (HEa), sweetcorn relish (2 syns), cucumber preceded by ww peach ff yoghurt

Can't believe I have to go the 3rd page to find my diary all the time!!

Last edited:
Have been reading other people's diaries and red days do seem to be better for quick weight loss (not surprising really!) so will stick to red the next couple of days as not sure how much the scales have moved (as long as it's not in the wrong direction!) and want to get a good start at this to keep me motivated and stop me wandering off ......

Red day!!!

B - bacon roll (wholemeal roll HEb), tomato sauce (1 syn)
Snack - cappucino (using milk from allowance)
L - salad, tomato, beetroot, chicken, prawns, ff vanilla yoghurt
Snack - apple, 2 x percy pigs (3 syns!!!)
D - fish pie - mixed fish, carrot / swede topping, asda fish sauce (10 syns)

Also did run today (ouch!) so shouldn't have but want to keep going so rested and iced when I got back and putting on attractive tubigrip ...........

Think I kept syns just under - phew!

Luckily I have a HEb and HEa to use up for munchies instead grrrr won't be making that mistake again!

Last edited:
When do you weigh?

The fish pie sounds yummy...I've never been sure how to do one with out using flour to thicken the sauce. Love the idea of swede on the top. I may have to pinch it :)

Ha! Hi vegemite how are you?

Please don't use the sauce I did as I think I made massive mistake - have thrown packaging out and on-line doesn't have the sauce but the hollandaise is 10 syns (for just over half the pack!).

Off to amend my syns total!

Mind you the pie was lush :)

Hmmmm weigh in .....
Not showing any loss at all trying not to panic :( as it's TOTM, also moving from Atkins to SW will probably take time for body to adjust etc etc) hope they move soon though as may have to take more radical steps and drop the carb load for a bit and see what happens.

When do you weigh?

The fish pie sounds yummy...I've never been sure how to do one with out using flour to thicken the sauce. Love the idea of swede on the top. I may have to pinch it :)

Found this recipe for white sauce and you could maybe add your HEa cheese to this ......

400g/14oz very low fat natutral fromage frais
110g/4oz Quark
1 lightly beaten egg
pinch of nutmeg

Well long day & long drive ...
Another RED day

B - 2 x Apple in car
L - Alpen bar (1/2HEb), banana, some strawbs
D - chicken, salad, beetroot, 3 x ryvita (HEb), 2 x laughing cow light (HEa), s'corn relish (2 syns), few chips (5 syns)
Snack - fruit!
Snack - mini snickers type bar (5 syns), alpen light (other 1/2HEb)

Ok so have few syns left 4 2night if I fancy.

Last edited:
Ok so let's see what day it is today -

B - yoghurt, poached egg on toast (1/2HEb)
L - 3 x ryvita (HEb), sweetcorn relish (1 syn), tomato, houmous (2 syns), cheese (HEa)
Snacks - fruit
D - special chow mein (5 syns), couple prawn crackers (3 syns), bit of DH honey chilli chicken (5 syns)

Snack - no alpen bar so had 3 x mikado instead (1.5 syns)

Total Syns - 17.5

So probably a red day!!

Feeling bit down :(:( as seem to have put on weight not lost :(:( maybe it's just in the head but am not going to weigh again for a while, give this diet a chance and take it from there.

On a more positive note did my 5km run in 32mins - fastest by a long shot :):)

Last edited:
Chinese was yummy!

Only problem is I've used all my syns and I'll want chocolate later!!

Oh it's ok I've realised I've got 1/2 HEb left so can have an alpen bar that'll cover it?!

Back