Flutterby's bye bye weight diary - Green days only

flutterbyuk25

Monday 19th April 2010

Hello all

You have all inspired me to start a food diary, I'll try to post daily, work permitting.

A bit of background about me. I am 28, I live on my own in a lovely flat by the sea. I work in a youth work sort of job with young people aged 16-25. I totally adore my job, but it can make following SW difficult as I have to go away every few months for a week at a time to a place that caters so I can't follow it easily then!

I'm a veggie so do green days only. I did SW 2 years ago and lost 2 stones but sadly I've put on a stone and half since then.

I've just joined my local gym and plan to go 3 times per week. I also walk to work (20mins) when work and weather permits it.

So I started back on SW today, here is my food diary:

B - Shreddies (HEB) with 150ml Skimmed Milk, the rest of allowance to be used in coffee (HEA)

L - Salad made with cold pasta, sweetcorn, canellini beans, celery, hard boiled egg and fat free dressing.

D - Homemade syn free celery soup, with wholemeal bread roll (HEB) with margerine (2 syns)

Snacks - chopped apple and pear with 2 x tbsp of LF creme fraiche (3syns), 2 x oranges, cheese (HEA)

I've only had 5 syns so I may have something else later but I'll see.

x

Last edited:
love the sound of your syn free celery soup, is it possible to post the recipe? thanks x

love the sound of your syn free celery soup, is it possible to post the recipe? thanks x

No problems hun! It's my favourite soup :D

Syn Free Celery Soup

- 225g celery
- 110g potato
- 110g onions
- 2 pints of stock
- sprinkling of dill

Chop celery, onion and potato. Spray pan with fry light and fry all 3 together. When softened add stock and dill. Leave to cook for 25-30mins, then blend til smooth. Serve with a touch of pepper.

You can vary the amounts to suit, this makes 2 big bowl fulls. I tend to make double and keep in fridge or freeze.

Another yummy addition is creme fraiche, but obviously this would need to be synned. I sometimes add a dollop at the end of cooking to make it creamier.

x

Day 2

Hello all,

B - shreddies (HEB) with 150ml skimmed milk, rest of milk for coffees (HEA)

L - salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, pasta, sweetcorn, cannelli beans and fat free dressing.

D - SW chips, 2 x fried egg (in frylight), beans and quorn sausage. 2 x WW wholemeal bread (HEB), margerine (1 syn), ketchup (3 syns)

Snacks - hard boiled egg, 2 x apple, 2 x orange, SF yogurt, cheese (HEA)

Drinks - coffee and NAS squash

Exercise - 50 mins at gym

Total syns = 3 syns

x

Last edited:
Evening all

B - Shreddies (HEB) with Skimmed milk(HEA) (rest for coffee throughout day)

L - Pasta salad, with canellini beans, sweetcorn, tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce

D - New potatoes, tofu (marinated in soy sauce and fried in frylight), green beans, 1tbsp LF mayo (2.5syns)

Snacks - apple, cheese (HEA), oranges, tinned pineapple (2syns), LF creme fraiche (3 syns)

Drinks - coffee, fizzy water, NAS squash

Total syns - 7.5

x

Day 4

B - Shreddies (HEB) with 200ml Skimmed Milk (rest for coffee) (HEA)

L - couscous, hard boiled egg and salad with fat free dressing

D - Homemade 3 bean chilli with rice, cheese (HEA) and 2 tbsp of sour cream (3syns)

Snacks - apple, 2x oranges, sliver of choc cake (approx 6syns I'm allowing for this)

Drinks - NAS squash, coffee and fizzy water

Total syns = 9

The 3 bean chilli is the one from the latest SW magazine, it's bubbling away on the hob now and smells amazing. So quick to make, can't wait to eat it! There must be at least 4 portions so plenty to freeze :)

x

Day 5

This is my most testing day so far.

I was on a course all day which included lunch. I'm doing a 10 day course over 3 months and the last 2 times we have had buffet lunch. So I was proactive and packed a SW friendly lunch ;) but turns out I didn't need it as the lunch was pretty SW friendly this time. And then I went out for dinner with friends!

B - Shreddies (HEA) and 200ml of Skimmed milk (rest for coffee throughout day) (HEB)

L - salad, new potatoes and hard boiled egg

D - Veggie carvery at Toby Carvery. I had new pots, carrots, peas, cabbage, swede, brocolli, 3 x roast spuds (7.5syns). And raspberry sorbet for desert (4syns)

Snacks - 2 x Alpen Light (HEB) - instead of the biccies on the course! oranges x 2

Drinks - coffee, water (I drank at least 2.5l today!), soda water

Total syns = 11.5

So not too bad after all

x

Day 6

Morning all

I've only had breakfast so far but will update post later once I've eaten the rest of my food for the day. Dinner is already planned, lunch will be out as I'm meeting friends but I'm planning on a jacket spud and SW friendly topping.

B - 2 x scrambled egg, beans and 2 x WW Wholemeal bread (2/3rds of HEB), ketchup (1syn), margerine 1 tspn (1syn)

L - jacket potato with cheese (HEA and HEB), coleslaw (6syns) and salad.

D - asda chickpea curry with added potatoes and peas, rice, riata made with 0% total greek yogurt, cucumber and fresh mint.

Snacks - 2 x oranges, WW wholemeal bread (other 1/3rd HEB), jam 1tspn (0.5syns), margerine (0.5syns)

Drinks - water, coffee, NAS squash

Total syns = 9

I was sooooo good at lunch today. My friends both ordered pizza slices and had scones with cream and jam for desert, and I had the jacket and no desert!!!!! That's the first time ever I've said no to desert :)

x

Last edited:
Day 7

Morning all

As with yesterday I'll update through the day as I eat. I woke early today - 6am - and was absolutely starving by 7am!

B - 2 x eggs fried in frylight on 2 x WW brown danish bread (2/3rds HEB), margerine (1syn)

L - Tomato Pasta&Sauce, cheese (HEA)

D - Mashed potato (made with 100ml of skimmed milk from HEA allowance - rest for coffee throught day, and margerine 2syns), 2 x Grassington's Double cheese and red onion sausages (4 syns), spaghetti hoops

Snacks - 1 x WW brown danish bread (1/3rd HEB), marg (0.5syns), jam (0.5 syns), SW chips, salad cream (5syns), couscous, sugar free jelly (0.5syns), LF creme fraiche (1.5 syns)

Drinks - water, coffee, NAS squash

Exercise - 50mins at gym

Total syns = 15 syns

Gosh I have been starving all day! Hence the SW chips! It's the lead up to my * week so I think that's why I'm hungry.

I'm looking forward to my first at home WI tomorrow

x

Last edited:
Day 8

Whoop I did my at home WI and I've lost 3 pounds :D

Today I am off powerboating with work! It's a full on day and you get really hungry being out in the sea air, so I've got a huge SW friendly packed lunch. I'll be exhausted when I get home too so I've got some of last week's HM SW chilli out of freezer to cook tonight.

L - pasta salad with cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce, carrot, sweetcorn, mixed beans with fat free dressing. hard boiled egg. SF yogurt

D - Homemade 3 bean chilli with rice, cheese (HEA) and 2 tbsp of sour cream (3syns)

Snacks - 1 x Alpen lights (1/2 HEB), banana, apple, sugar free jelly (0.5syns), LF creme fraiche (1.5 syns), jacket potato, LF coleslaw (3syns), cheese (1/2 HEB)

Drinks - NAS squash, coffee, fizzy water

Total syns = 8syns

Last edited:
Day 9

Another semi-testing day as I was at a work event with free lunch, but luckily they had jacket spuds, and a salad bar so I was quite pleased with that. I also turned down pudding!!

L - jacket potato, cheese (HEA), pasta salad, cucumber, tomatoes, coleslaw (5syns), marg (0.5syns), beetroot

D - Homemade potato cakes made with Sunday's leftover mashed potato, cheese (HEB), spring onions, egg and seasoning. Served with spaghetti hoops.

Snacks - apple, sugar free jelly (0.5syns), LF creme fraiche (1.5 syns), grapes

Drinks - NAS squash, coffee, fizzy water

Total syns = 7.5syns

Hi there, Iam new on here and iam not too sure how to set diaries and weight things etc???could you help?

Mandy

Hi there, Iam new on here and iam not too sure how to set diaries and weight things etc???could you help?

Mandy

To set up diary click on http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-food-diaries/ and then 'New Thread', put your title in and start writing your diary! Just add to it by clicking 'post reply' whenever you want to update.

To set weight etc I think you click on User CP which is in the bright blue bar at top of page.

HTH

x

Day 10

B - shreddies (HEB) with skimmed milk (rest for coffee) (HEA)

L - pasta salad with tomatos, beans, sweetcorn and lettuce. hard boiled egg.

D - pasta with tomato based sauce with onions, garlic, sweetcorn, beans, topped with cheese (HEA)

Snacks - apple, grapes, LF creme fraiche (1.5syns), cheese (HEB), hard boiled egg, pickled onions

Exercise - 20 min walk, 50 mins at gym.

Total syns = 1.5 syns

I'm trying to save my syns for a night out on the weekend.

x

Last edited:
Day 11

L - celery/cucumber/pepper/carrot crudities, hard boiled egg. (I took my work teens to McDonalds fro lunch today!! but I sat in my minibus and ate my crudities whilst they munched on burgers and fries!)

D - pasta with tomato based sauce with onions, garlic. salad. garlic bread (7syns)

Snacks - apple, grapes, LF creme fraiche (1.5syns),

Total syns = 8.5 syns

Last edited:
Day 12

For the 2nd time in my life I turned down desert (and it was for free!)!! :D I was on my training course again and I was the only one not to have desert, I sat there eating my alpen light!

L - couscous, roasted veg, oil (6syns), salad and new potatoes

D - stirfry veg, tofu, egg noodles with black bean sauce (3syns), oil (1/2HEB)

Snacks - 1 x Alpen Light (1/2 HEB), LF creme fraiche (1.5syns), sugar free jelly (0.5syns)

Total syns = 11syns

x

Last edited:
Day 13

Hello all,

I was at the gym at 9am this morning!!

B - Apple, pear

L - Jacket potato, salad, couscous, pasta, coleslaw (3syns), marg (0.5syns)

D - 2 x wholemeal rolls (2 x HEB), tesco veggie burger x 4 (2syn), onion fried in fry light, ketchup (3syns)

Snacks - oranges, sugar free jelly (0.5syns), LF creme fraiche (1.5syns)

Drinks - water, coffee, fizzy water

Exercise - 50mins at gym

Total syns = 10.5syns

x

Last edited:
I was at the gym at 9am this morning!!
Exercise - 50mins at gym
Well done you! You must be VERY motivated! I promised myself that since it's the first of May, I would start today and get up really early and get on my cross trainer....so....I had a lie in til 9 and then didn't bother doing anything......I WILL start tomorrow!!x

Well done you! You must be VERY motivated! I promised myself that since it's the first of May, I would start today and get up really early and get on my cross trainer....so....I had a lie in til 9 and then didn't bother doing anything......I WILL start tomorrow!!x

Ah I'm not that motivated! It was mainly due to the fact that the gym is only open 9-4 on weekends and I was going out at midday so if I didn't go then I wouldn't have gone at all! I'm an early riser so had been awake since 7am, it's very quiet there at 9am and all I had to do was have quick wash, tie hair back and put on gym gear and go.

x

Day 14

Morning all

I'll update thread as I go today. I'm going out for drinks tonight so it will be a big syn day so I'm trying to stick to free foods/HE's until I go out. I have 38 syns saved from this week plus my 15 for today so it will be a flexi syn day.

B - 2 x eggs fried in fry light, 1 x wholemeal slice (HEB), beans

L - huge salad with lettuce, cucumber, carrot, peppers, tomatoes, pickled onions, beetroot, 2 x hard boiled eggs, and cheddar (HEA)

D - tomato pasta&sauce, cheese (HEA)

Snacks - alpen light (0.5HEB), pear

Drinks - coffee, wine

Total Syns = approx 50!!!

x

Last edited:
Back