Flutter's Diary

OK love, I haven't weighed but my belt is one hole tighter this morning.

morning :D
kiev sounds good xxx

Morning :D.
Yes they were ok though def worth adding spices and frying ... next time.
Hubble bubble toil and trouble broccoli and cheese soup being made as I type!

mmm recipe please? and how many cabrs per portion babe?

mmm recipe please? and how many cabrs per portion babe?

It's a pretty basic recipe just what was in the fridge -
2 spring onions
500g of broccoli
Fried the spring onion and some garlic, added water (you could add a stock cube) and boiled broccoli for about 5mins, blitzed then added about 50g cheddar or to taste reheated til cheese melted bobs yer uncle!
According to myfitnesspal probably about 9 carbs if the above serves 4

mmm. i might do it with stilton. thanks babes x

No probs at all - stilton would be lovely I only had mild cheddar in the fridge and def think it needs a stronger cheesy flavour (you know what I mean!)
Just being nosey (tell me to butt out!) but you did really well on Dukan why did you come back to Atkins? x

butt out ;) nah. i got to goal yes but then i kind of get annoyed with the maintenance i.e. 40g bread only plus MUST HAVE FRUIT. I dont do fruit, was sick of the food, although it wasnt bland, I missed my atkins.
I think if I hadnt done atkins before I wouldnt have know about the nice food, but i missed cheese (30g or whatever per day) wasnt going to suit me!
Dukan is great for fast weight loss but the consolidation of it is basically same old same old with STRICT rules. whereas atkins maintenance is the food i love and who can cope with only 2 eggs per day? LOL.

I skirted on ww style for 2 weeks after dukan but couldnt stand the low fat stuff, after being low carb you can really really taste sweet stuff like low fat mayo and its rank,!!! there ive gabbled now ;)

I agree with that Vicky, low fat products are rank, very sweet and salty.

Arent they? I never ever noticed before until i started on low fat mayo after ff mayo. it was like having sugar on my salad. I cannot understand why they make it so sweet so surely it must bring on cravings for sweet stuff anyway.

I had never had full fat mayo, philly or anything really until I started this. I can't believe the difference in flavour!!

Flutter have you tried the cauli pizza base? I love it. For a very large pizza cook a kilo of cauli, rice it, squeeze it in a cloth until your eyes bleed. Then add herbs, an egg & a handfull of mozzarella. I spread it out on a silicon baking sheet & cook on 170 (fan oven) for about 15 mins each side. Add lots of toppings (I love Tescos classic green pesto, dead low & Gia tomato paste first) & grill. FAN-TAS-TIC!

Mmm i love that pizza base - have you ever tried using it as tacos?

Vicky - sorry just being very nosey Dukan didn't work for me full stop and I found it a bit contradictory low carb yet I was eating lots of sugar in the low fat yogs etc and too much fake sugar for me too at least with Atkins its the real deal and a little of that is better than lots of aspartame.
Anyway good luck for wi tomorrow! x

Sharon that sounds downright weird :eek: .... but good! Will give it a go was going to use the linseed recipe as base but feel too sicky tonight for some reason, I know the reason it's cos I've not had enough to eat. Will maybe try over weekend when I've got more time - thanks! x

Oh and today has been a good day tried on my size 12 jeans and they friggin' fit and not in a tight my god I can't breathe but damn it I'll wear them anyway kind of way but in a nice with room to eat kind of way!
:bliss::bliss:

Nice one Flutter. Yep it sounds very weird, but tastes great!

Vicky, I hadn't thought of tacos. I always used to have a ton of rice with my chilli, lol

Thanks ladies it's lovely of you to comment so nicely and so much easier when you get the great support on here :).

B - nothing as yet too busy reading this forum and feeding the girls, tidying up, washing dishes etc etc
L - smoked mackerel salad with tomato, caesar dressing wee bit cheese
D - chicken with small amount of tagine paste (very yummy), more salad, cucumber, coleslaw

Have made cupcakes so will let you know how those taste - they look pretty good ............

Last edited:
Back