Follow on from skin regime - make-up

Oh I do wish I could have varnished nails!! For years I bit my nails and when I finally kicked the habit I started wearing lovely colours on my nails.

I didn't connect the rash on my neck with the nail varnish - why would you? I had to have a special cream prescribed by the doctor to use when it flared up, and it was attributed to stress, and all sorts of other possible factors.

It was only when I woke up one morning, having fallen asleep with my hand tucked under my neck, and saw four perfectly formed bright red nail shapes on my neck that at last I realised.

So no nail varnish for me - sob, sob.

Oh I do wish I could have varnished nails!! For years I bit my nails and when I finally kicked the habit I started wearing lovely colours on my nails.

I didn't connect the rash on my neck with the nail varnish - why would you? I had to have a special cream prescribed by the doctor to use when it flared up, and it was attributed to stress, and all sorts of other possible factors.

It was only when I woke up one morning, having fallen asleep with my hand tucked under my neck, and saw four perfectly formed bright red nail shapes on my neck that at last I realised.

So no nail varnish for me - sob, sob.

LOL that's legendary!!X

Oh my word! I would be sooo upset if that happened. I love my nail polish.
By the way - you can get gel nail varnishes, I wonder if these are any different? The polish is in with the gel which is painted on your nails and it sets hard. You never know!

QUOTE]

Very true, but the "named" stuff is all shiny and lovely and you get super duper "free" gifts when you spend an arm and a leg on 2 items......;)

I know, i just don't have the arm and leg and spend on it :p Plus i like silly coloured eyeshadows and the expensive stuff never caters to my "tastes" :p

Last edited:
I am much better at being seen with less make-up than I used to be but by the standards of this thread it seems I do wear a fair bit - concealer, foundation, eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara every day. But I will now opt for a more subtle look sometimes rather than bright blue and purple eyeshadow. Having pink hair though I often think that it just doesn't look "right" without a fair bit of make-up, like my face doesn't match my hair somehow.
When I go out properly I am a big fan of glitter and crazy fake eyelashes. Being a Manic Street Preachers fan in your formative years leaves its mark on your make-up routine...

Oh my word! I would be sooo upset if that happened. I love my nail polish.
By the way - you can get gel nail varnishes, I wonder if these are any different? The polish is in with the gel which is painted on your nails and it sets hard. You never know!

It might be OK, but to be honest I have given up now. The rashes are so hideous and painful, and increasingly hard to get rid of, that I don't want to risk it any more.

I wear eyeliner & mascara (dark smoky eyes is me) and a slightly sparkly lipgloss (avon usually) everyday- unless a lazy day.

When going out I do foundation, powder, eye shadow and proper lipstick too!

Its a habit now, even in the house I wear make-up, you never know who will come to the door.;)

I wear Jerome Alexander Italian Marble, mascara and a wee bit of lippy all the time.

When I'm going out its the full works. :D

Back