Food advice for today please!

gracie83

Ok having a bit of a disaster this morning and it is not gone 10am yet!

I was intending to have the remains of last nights dinner (a spag bol) to eat at work. Problem was - there were no leftovers and I had nothing suitable in the house to take to work. So I planned to pick up something on the way to work. Then I managed to jam fabric into the zip on my bag. I have been trying to open it since 7 this morning. It is completely seized up! I cannot even get my fruit out of it or my money which is really hampering my plans for food today.

I have access to weetabix and milk which I had for breakfast but I know that if I have it again it will cost me 6.5 syns which seems quite high a price! I may be able to borrow some money from my collegues but then our work canteen is bad - all oily sauces, burgers and chips. I have on occasion seen a baked potato but they come already smothered in butter. The word salad does not exist in that canteen.

Can you suggest any ideas for less than the 6.5 the weetabix will cost me? I am guessing pre-packed sandwiches would be worse! - a plate of baked beans?! I could sneak a longer dinner break and try to find somewhere else to buy food but options are very limited where I work. (I think there is a subway nearby)

Sorry I start my group on Thursday was trying to the plan on my own before then!

Morning hun. Aarrgghhhh, what a nightmare! You could have the Weetabix and milk again as a healthy extra if you decide to have a Red or a Green day. You'd then have to either have a no carb meal tonight if you do a Red day, or a no meat day if you decide to make it a Green day xx

Great advice by Sian! Also, just to add to that, you can get Salad from Subway and some pretty low Syn dressings. If you check in the eating out sub-forum you should find some more info on that :)

If you get a chicken salad from subway with no cheese or olives, and have honey and mustard dressing, its only 1.5 syns!

Have a green day. I would take the healthy extra b weetabix in cause if u go out you could be tempted to eat something naughty. Then when you get in have some batchelors beef rice and salad or home made jacket potato cheese n beans all free cheese as healtjy extra a xxx

Thanks for the suggestions. I asked one of the blokes in the office to see if some muscle would get the zip moving. Well unfortunately he managed to rip off three of the metal 'teeth' where the zip was stuck and the rest just unzipped open. So on the plus side I have my purse and fruit again on the negative side RIP bag. (It was a Christmas present too!)

I have been warned that our subway is full of college students during their lunch break and so is not the nicest place to be! I may case it out though just incase. Will probably end up with weetabix again but will have to rethink dinner (was going to be homemade curry and rice)

I can see planning food taking a while to get used to - I did not even think of green/red just been looking at extra easy so far but the tips are useful so thank you.

Delighted you got at your money and fruit, but such a pity about your bag!!

Meal planning does take a while to get used to, but it makes it so much easier. Have a good day!

If you have planned curry and rice make it a Veggie curry so you can have 2 x milk and Weetabix

make your curry with quorn mince and have a green day

Back