Food and the Gym???

cheri

hi, i wonder if anyone can help as im at the end of my tether. i want to cry and im getting really depressed cos i cannot find the answer and im getting fatter!

im getting married in july next year and i really need some help. i desperately need to lose a stone but have been on a diet my whole life and the more i try, the more i seem to actually put on! ive done every diet you can imagine, lost a bit, then put it back on and more! anyhow, ive now joined a gym and doing my specific programme 3 times a week. but i need to know what it is im meant to be eating? im just eating what i normally eat but i can feel my clothes getting tighter if anything!! anyone got any ideas? i honestly feel like i hardly eat anything but my body is just staying where it is. sometimes i barely eat a thing, but then all that happens is i binge eat a few days later. i just need some help to say what i should eat, breakfast lunch and dinner??? please help me :(

I used to be like that, I just didn't know what I wanted to eat or what I should eat. I joined Slimming World and suddenly there was so much I could eat and it was great. My cupboards were fuller than they'd ever been and I started to lose weight and felt so much better.

Welcome to the forum, you are in the right place. Any advice or support you need is available here. Good luck x

im the same, hardly eat anything for clothes seem tighter! i think now you have joined the gym that you will shift that stone! dieting doesnt always work for some individuals, its always best to have a mixture! i have an exercise dvd but have no motivation to do it, especially in this hot weather :(

Maybe keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks could help to see where you're eating habits are going wrong? x It may be that if you aren't eating little and often that you're storing the fat from what you do eat as you're body can't rely on when it's next getting fed etc?

hi, so still doing my 3 times a week at the gym but i feel really lost right now. they say dont weigh yourself if you're going to the gym but it seems that my clothes are getting tighter? i just dont get it anymore. i dont know what to do, or where to turn. i think i just need someone to tell me what i can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner and i'll be fine, i cant rely on "eat some protein for dinner" i need to know exactly what to put on my plate! where could i get this information from? is it a nutritionist? or a dietician? im going to resort to slimming pills and laxatives shortly and i hoped not to go down that road, but nothings shifting and my stomach is just getting bigger? is it possible to have somehow done this to myself from being a serial dieter for years? Please help before i sink slowly into depression...

i know my old gym used to give nutrishion advice. try asking there if not you could try joinin slimmin world if you go to the meetings then youll know exactly what you can eat

hi, so still doing my 3 times a week at the gym but i feel really lost right now. they say dont weigh yourself if you're going to the gym but it seems that my clothes are getting tighter? i just dont get it anymore. i dont know what to do, or where to turn. i think i just need someone to tell me what i can eat for breakfast lunch and dinner and i'll be fine, i cant rely on "eat some protein for dinner" i need to know exactly what to put on my plate! where could i get this information from? is it a nutritionist? or a dietician? im going to resort to slimming pills and laxatives shortly and i hoped not to go down that road, but nothings shifting and my stomach is just getting bigger? is it possible to have somehow done this to myself from being a serial dieter for years? Please help before i sink slowly into depression...
No no no no no! Stay away from the pills they will do you no good. Have you looked at Slimming World or Weight Watchers? I had the same problem, I just didn't know WHAT to eat. I joined SW and I have now lost 50lb. And I eat loads!

Hi Cheri, pls do not go down the 'slimming pills and laxatives' route. It will endanger your health. It makes sense to try an established programme such as weight watchers, etc. You might want to see your GP as well to exclude any underlying physical cause. Please do not despair, there is a way forward and asking ofr help is the first step. You will make it!

Hi cheri
I hope you are ok now, please stay away from the pills/laxatives they will not fix it, when you stop taking them you will gain more than you lost i guarantee it.
I would definatly suggest Weight watchers, i did it a couple of years ago and lost 3 stone with diet and exercise.

My mum was like you, even though she had joined weight watchers she didnt understand what to eat so i wrote her a few sample weeks of menus based on her points but she skipped bits here and there s she thought it sounded too much and the result was she lost hardly anything. Believe it or not eating too little can be just as counter productive as eating too much.
Weight watchers can be hard to get your head round at the start with learning points and weighing everything but definatly becomes second nature :D

Back