Food at the Trafford Centre

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Any north-west peeps who go to the Trafford Centre quite a bit...

I thought we could start an eating out thread for restaurants and food outlets that have SW friendly options!

My current favourites are Tampopo and Rice for great noodle and rice dishes that are fab on green days.

I like bar and exchange grill. Steaks are lovely with a jacket potato and veg or salad, just remember to ask for the salad without the dressing as it comes with loads.

There's a jacket potato outlet downstairs that is nice too, I usually have beans and a small amount of cheese.

I LOVE Tompopo.

Nando's is always good if you take the skin off

If in Manchester, go to a sushi restaurant called 'Wasabi'. It has really cheap deals and is fantastic. It is just opposite the chinese arch in chinatown- my absolute favourite restaurant
x

I always go to Rice and have Sushi and Pad Thai with chicken, its yum, yum, yum!

On a side note, has anyone tried to estimate the syns in a Pad Thai? I know they use Tamarind in there but there are no syn values on the SW website for it :confused:

I would assume tamarind is free- I have never synned it.

I use tamarind a lot and it comes in a sticky block of pulp to use it in recipes you have to soak it in water then strain all the seeds and pulp away and just use the flavoured 'water' that is left. It is very sour do I can't see it having any sugar so, personally, I would count it as free!
x

Hi, I'm going to the trafford centre tonight, and could have been ok if i was on a green day as i could have had noodles from tampopo etc, but im on a red day and im wondering what i could have now!!! argh!
xxx

Steak and salad is a good option. Or something like a tuna nicoise salad. Nandos (skin off), or anywhere that does meat. I had a nice chicken breast in HaHa...
I used to think it was really hard to eat healthily at the Traff but it's gotten much better.

Oooh let's all meet up for a feed some time! And a shop of course.

LOL! Believe me, I wouldn't take the skin off if I didn't have to...

I always have extra on the side as well. It's not the same though is it? I wonder how may syns we'd have to allow for it skin on?

Nandos chicken with skin on:-
Breast: 6 on Red 17 on Green
Leg: 2 on Red and 10.5 on green

Not too bad for a leg?
xxxxxxx

Thats not bad at all actually.

Before SW i used to always go for the chicken breast pitta and remember that this doesnt have any skin on it. I wonder if they would do the chicken breast minus the pitta with a salad?

The wrap itself is 4.5 syns, i do cheat slightly as the meat is prob not free but its never done me any harm not counting it and i have one every week.
So long as you dont get any sauce it is quite a low syn munch.
I love subways sooooooooooo much :D

Has anyone had the lemon chicken from the Chinese bit in the food hall? How many syns did you allow for it? I'm on EE today and thinking I should allow the same/similar to sweet and sour chicken, as it's a similar kind of sauce...but I don't really know!

I am so grateful for this thread. I am from Somerset but have a job interview in Manchester next week so at least now I know where I can go for something to eat between my 4hr train journeys!!!

THANKS!

Has anyone had the lemon chicken from the Chinese bit in the food hall? How many syns did you allow for it? I'm on EE today and thinking I should allow the same/similar to sweet and sour chicken, as it's a similar kind of sauce...but I don't really know!
I looked on-line and the Iceland lemon chicken with rice is 6.5 syns, M&S one is 13.5 (both on red), on red they are synning the rice too though- maybe 5 syns if you are doing EE?

I am so grateful for this thread. I am from Somerset but have a job interview in Manchester next week so at least now I know where I can go for something to eat between my 4hr train journeys!!!

THANKS!
Wow- long journeys
Unfortunately, the Trafford Centre is way out of the city centre- but if you are travelling to Picadilly or Victoria stations we can help you with that too!

Back