Food before and after exercise

Ann-Marie

What do you eat before and after exercise?

I really don't want to eat too much before exercising as I am prone to indigestion, however the other day I went to the gym on an apple and a banana and found that I felt light-headed and had to stop for a while. Not sure if this was down to lack of food or other factors but it wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Also, in terms of metabolism is it beneficial to eat something after exercise and if yes, what type of things? I am doing the SW plan.

Any advice would be very welcome :):)

Hi Ann-Marie. I normally go to the gym very early (0630-ish) so I don't normally eat beforehand. I have read that it's best to eat before the gym, so your body has the fuel to get started, but I seem to do ok not doing that. After I get home, I normally have several spoonfuls of 0% Greek yoghurt with some muesli mixed in to get the protein and healthy carbs, and then I feel like a million $$!

i dont really know what to eat before hand but i know that to make the most of the hard work you have just done they recommend eating food within 20mins of finishing so that the calories ect get used up faster or something like that...
dont know if that helps much :)

i dnt excerise on a full stomach but sometimes have an apple after

Thanks for the tips, will probably have a weetabix before and some fruit afterwards see how I get on with that :)

Back