food diaries

My 12 weeks of going to slimming world group are neary up :(

I'm looking at getting one of those 12week food diary things to help me keep on track after I finish with going to weigh ins and groups.

Is the "official" slimming world one worth it??

I've seen some company's selling ones on ebay.... has anyone bought one of these?? Are they any good???

Any particular diaries recomended??

Also... is the food directory any good???? Is that worth a purchase (as I will no longer have access to the app)??

Thankyou all.xx
:bunnydance:

I have the food diary - given free when I joined for 12 weeks at a go. I like it but I'm used to doing most online (MFP). This is more than a food diary - tries to provide aspirational motivation as well. Not sure I'd pay for it though but that's just because I'm not a "diary" kind of gal.

Don't know the food directory as I use the online app for everything. Sorry!

I literally can't do SW, or any diet, without a food diary. I was getting fed up of keep asking for the food diaries at group (she would only give out one at a time so every single week I'd have to get one!) I bought a journal. It was a fiver, but I think it's worth it! It really keeps me on track. I only use it for the food entries, I don't use it for the motivational bits they have in there. I want to be able to look back at it though and see what I did right and wrong and when I had the biggest losses etc.
Haven't used any of the others that you can get on amazon etc, but I'd imagine they're just the standard version of what I have, which would be enough for me.

Could you ask your consultant if she would give you a few diaries so that you can continue when you stop going?

I totally agree with Jess @soshbfly that My fitness pal app is where it's at. You can scan food too and although slimming world doesn't officially count calories this can help you with portion control. Something slimming world isn't renowned for. I couldn't not use it now.

Could you make your own perhaps?

I had my 4th weigh-in on Monday night and handed in my last meal plan. On Tuesday I made a very simple document on MS Word, similar layout to the SW food diaries and printed off four copies, which will last for four weeks. I knew I would struggle without it, and I didn't want to risk not having it to rely on, so I just made something simple.

If you have a printer, or access to one, I don't mind sending you mine for you to print out and try. It's nothing special. I have attached a screenshot of the diary in this post, but you can PM me your email and I can send it to you in PDF or Word format.

Attachments

• picupload.JPG
    picupload.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 12
Soshbfly and lickthelid.

Yes I've used myfitnesspal in the past (previous attempts at weightloss!) And did like using it, but I think I need somewhere to write down syns used to visualise how many I've got/used.

Soshbfly and lickthelid.

Yes I've used myfitnesspal in the past (previous attempts at weightloss!) And did like using it, but I think I need somewhere to write down syns used to visualise how many I've got/used.

It's fair comment because you can't adapt MFP to be slimming world specific in terms of syns etc etc

The document that @orangesuitcase created is simple and perfect :)

I've been doing a bit of both and loving it. I'm using MFP to keep track of calories and reign in my portion sizes but also using the SW diary to log syns and other updates (like my weight each day, mood, challenges, successes, etc.)

At the end of the day, you'll know what you need to help you succeed and that's what you should use. But I'm like Sam - find MFP so valuable in keeping portions in check. I absolutely love SW and eat totally to plan, but this way makes sure I'm not scoffing chicken breast snacks all day ;-)

Back