Food Diary - Kate1978, feel free to help if values wrong, all help appreciated :)

Kate1978

7th June 2012
Thursday Lunch
3 Slices Ham - Free
Cherry Tomatoes - Free
Cucumber - Free
Muller Light Strawberry - Free

Thursday night dinner
Spicy Potato Wedges (home made) Free
Lean steak - Free
Baked Beans - Free
Half a can of Carling Lager - 4.5 (I know its 8.5 syns for 1 can so I kinda halved that and added a bit for safety)

HEXA - 6 laughing cow extra light triangles
HEXB - 2 slices Brown bread

Total Syns used today 4.5

8th June 2012
Friday Breakfast
Muller Light Strawberry - Free

Friday Lunch
Super Speed SW Soup - Free
Muller Light Cherry - Free

Friday Dinner - not eaten yet but planned
Homemade Chilli with rice - Free
Side order Peppers and mushrooms - Free

HEXA - Cup of Skimmed milk
HEXB - 2 Alpine light summer fruit

Will probably have a couple of beers tonight, it is Friday after all but I have some Syns spare from last night.

Syns used today 17 (todays 10 plus 5.5 from yesterday unused and a couple from tomorrow)

Saturday
super speedy soup -free
Pork chops (fat cut off) - free
Small amount potatoes - free
Mushrooms, onions and peppers - free
3 satsumas - free

HEXA - 250 mls green milk
HEXB - 2 slices nimble

Syns
1 can of lager 8.5

Not a bad day overall, plus I have cleaned the house from top to bottom as the other half is out and wasnt under my feet as usual. I also mowed the lawn and weeded garden, good exercise day :) x

So far today (Sunday) I've had omelette with a small amount of cheese and bacon (no fat) and some brown bread for breakfast an some soup for lunch. Will update dinner later but so far so good :)

Sounds like you're doing really well and mainly eating free foods! I need to eat more free foods, I'm always oversyning!

I love potato wedges- what spices did you put on them the other night? also what's in the super speedy soup?

xx

Hi Amelie,
Thank you and thanks for replying, I hadn't expected any!
I try to stick to free as much as possible but I do try and syn every day or evey second day too. I don't particularly like chocolate so no worried there but I love crisps so avoiding them like the plague.
This recipe may sound vile but it does the rounds at groups and it actually is very tasty, I blitz mine as Im not a fan mixed beans or lentils! So here it is :)

1 tin baked beans
1 tin mixed bean salad
1 tin green lentils
Handful split lentils
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 large leeks
1 large onion
2 parsnips
Red, green or yellow pepper
Mice herbs
2 beef stock cubes (or chicken or veg)
Black pepper and a wee bit salt
Water to cover it all

Chop it up and let it go :)

It doesn't look very appetising when you start but it smells lush and is nice when all done, most of the ingredients are super speedy hence the name, very filling :)

Let me know what you think!
X

Amelie sorry forgot the spices! I used paprika, some garlic, mixed herbs and a little chilli :) x

Thanks!, I think i'll make spicy wedges tomorrow! & the soup some time this week, not sure about some of the ingredients but I'm sure it'll be okay once blended together.

Hope your week goes well!

I hae to admit, it looked pretty vile all in the pot but once it gets going its fine. Like I say, I blended mine which made a difference, tastes good though. Or you could make your own super speedy soup with all the SS veg :)

Final update for today, dinner was stir fried pork loin with rice, egg, peppers, mushrooms and soy sauce.
As far as I know, I've had no Syns today and used my healthy extras too. Drank my 2 litres of water and generally been a very good little badger. Here's hoping I can be good for the rest of the week :) x

You'rediarylooks fine but I'm worried now because I eat a lot more than you do. I am always picking at fruit to stop myself getting hungry and being tempted to grab a biscuit.

Morning! I wouldnt worry at all, what I dont have down on the diary is the amount of fruit, veg etc that I am eating. I'm sitting at my desk at the moment with a massive bowl of grapes and to pick at through the day. As you long as you are picking at fruit and not reaching for the biscuits you are doing absolutely fine. Its not how much you pick its what you pick. I'm also addicted to the Alpine Light Summer Fruit bars as my HEXB options, you get 2 of them and I use them instead of having a biccie!
Hope you have a good week :)

Monday going well so far, half way down my 2 litre bottle of sparkling water and I've had
2 muller light yoghurts
apple
grapes
1 Alpine light summer fruit (half of my HEXB)
Cup of tea (milk from allowance)

Lunch, I am planning baked potato and beans, all free plus a little bit of butter but I'm not sure of the syn values on that?

Ok, the rest of today I had
Lunch
Baked tattie and beans with a little butter 5.5 Syns
Alpine light (other half of HEXB)
Used my HEXA on milk for my tea.

Dinner
Chicken breast rolled in spices and smash and salad, cucumber, lettuce, onion, beet root and tomatoes.

Total Syns for the day - 5.5

Feel it's been a good day :)

Thanks debtin, I actually feel it, feeling really good about it and myself. Hope it lasts! :) x

Just realised I hadnt updated yesterday.

Breakfast
muller light yoghurt
small box of grapes
Alpen lights

Lunch
mugshot
1 alpen light
raspberries
muller light

Dinner
Homemade chilli with rice, LARGE portion of mushrooms on the side

HEXA - milk in tea
HEXB - 2 alpen lights

And so far today, I've had muller light, grapes, 2 Alpen lights for breakfast and lunch I've had 3 slices of chicken breast, mugshot and a box of cherries.

Both yesterday and today have been syn free so far and I am planning syn free dinner tonight. I'm hoping for a really good result on Friday!

x

Hi Corblimey,

I am enjoying the plan and I am feeling really focussed and "with it". I'm sure I'll fall off the wagon a couple of times but I'll get straight back on!

I adore the Alpen Lights Summer Fruit, I'm not a huge bread eater so I tend to have 2 a day as my HEXB, (sometimes 3 if I count the syn).

I have to say, I HATE smash with a passion, I'm the granddaughter of a Scottish farmer (I'm from Dumfries) and tatties cannot be replaced as far as I am concerned, but the smash chicken was AMAZING!!!! You dont taste the smash at all, its only there to help crisp up and coat the chicken, I mixed in lots of paprika, garlic, herbs and a little mustard powder and they were lovely. Even my other half said that if I made them again, I'd get no complaint from him, he loved them too, definitely try them, well worth it :)

how's things going with you?

x

Well you might just have convinced me ;) I think smash is vile stuff but I have a tub in my cupboard after a disastrous attempt to make quick fish cakes so I will put them on my food plan for next week, I will follow your lead and put mix spices in for some extra flavour.

I'm not doing too bad thankyou, a bit of a shakey start but feeling really motivated at the moment after a good loss this week. Good luck for WI on Friday x

Just make sure you mix it in with the spices and coat the chicken in a beaten egg first, spray fry light on the tray and the fry light on the top and they crisp up really well :)

Well from your signature you seem to be doing really well and I think the bank holiday will have a lot to answer for but hell, we wont see another Diamond Jubilee in our lifetime.

Good luck for your weigh in too, keep us posted :)

Back