Food Diary of a Bride to Be ....

Do you want to get married locally or will you head off somewhere? I bet it's a difficult decision to make the right choice with everything! Did you have an idea of you wanted before he asked you or is it all brand new?

We are going to stay local, we've been around a few hotels & have narrowed it down to two so it's just a matter of choosing which one we like the best! They are both fab so I don't know how we will decide. It's all very new & exciting. Just can't wait to get the date set!!

Mon 13.8.12

Breakfast: lemon & hot water, 1/2 a melon & 2 slices wm toast (heb) with sliced tomato.

Lunch: chicken & veg stir fry with egg noodles

Snack: apple & banana & coffee

Dinner: sw chicken curry with rice & sw chips, fruit salad & mullerlight.

Snack: purple snack 5.5 syns

Total syns: 5.5

Here's a pic of breakfast! Yum!

Attachments

• image-813640903.jpg
    image-813640903.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 46
Trying something new today, my mum saw this recipe on Facebook and she made it and it was delicious! Basically you make up a packet of Batchelor's low fat rice (I think she used the golden rice one) and mix in 3 whisked eggs, you can add chopped ham or chicken or extra veg if you like! Then pour the mixture into a loaf tin and put it in the oven for approx 25 mins at 200c. It was really really nice. I'll put up a pic of mine when I make it! Just thinking it'll be handy for lunches when I get back to work :)

Here's a pic of my rice loaf - first attempt!! It's quite nice but as I haven't added anything it's a bit bland. Next time I will add some smoked bacon I think, and might use the mushroom rice!

Attachments

• image-2730324600.jpg
    image-2730324600.jpg
    410.5 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2231035311.jpg
    image-2231035311.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 51
Woo hoo !!! :cool: 2lbs off!!

I am beyond delighted as I had been pretty naughty over the weekend. I didn't think I'd have a loss at all. Knowing that I CAN lose this weight is making me even more determined!

Tuesday 14.8.12

Breakfast: Lemon & hot water, slice of my rice loaf (random thing to have for breakfast but I was craving it!!!) Not hungry at all so I think that'll do.

Lunch: SW chicken curry with rice, bowl of strawberries with mullerlight greek yogurt (1/2 syn)

Snack: Banana, coffee & satsuma

Dinner: Lean bacon, egg, beans & tomato with two slices of wm toast (heb), followed by fruit salad.

Snack: Mullerlight milk shake (saw recipe here!) using my healthy a choice of milk, purple snack 5.5 syns

Total syns: 6

The rice loaf is nice, but I think next time I will make it with a different flavour rice and add some spices or smoked bacon to it. It is so handy for snacking on when you have the munchies though!

Wednesday 15.8.12

15 days til I go back to work! aaahh!!

Breakfast: Lemon & hot water, 1/2 a melon & 1/2 punnet of strawberries, Alpen Light bar (1/2 heb)

Lunch: SW chips, beans & egg followed by apple, banana, strawberries, Mullerlight & satsuma.

Snack: Alpen light (1/2 heb) with coffee

Dinner: Spaghetti carbonara & salad, strawberries & greek mullerlight (1/2 syn)

Snack: Galaxy Bubbles 8.5 syns & tea

Mug of hot chocolate (hea) + 2 syns

Syns:11

Hey Hun - well done on the 2lb off!!!!:banana dancer: what a great start.

Your rice loaf sounds good, but have you got a Morrisons near you? They sell a tin of chick pea dahl, the brand is called Sundar, which is 0 syns per tin, if you use curry flavour packet rice, cook it up as you did before, then add the tin of chick pea dahl and a couple of eggs - bake it in a loaf tin - it is really really tasty. The tinned chick pea dahl is really nice just to have with rice anyway, I use to have it quite a lot with 2 min tandoori rice (3) for a super fast meal - try it out.

Hey Hun - well done on the 2lb off!!!!:banana dancer: what a great start.

Your rice loaf sounds good, but have you got a Morrisons near you? They sell a tin of chick pea dahl, the brand is called Sundar, which is 0 syns per tin, if you use curry flavour packet rice, cook it up as you did before, then add the tin of chick pea dahl and a couple of eggs - bake it in a loaf tin - it is really really tasty. The tinned chick pea dahl is really nice just to have with rice anyway, I use to have it quite a lot with 2 min tandoori rice (3) for a super fast meal - try it out.

What Spag Carb recipe are you going with tonight?

That chick pea Dahl sounds lovely! No morrisons near me unfortunately. I'm in Ireland. Wonder if anywhere here does it? Will keep an eye out! Going to try the slimmingeats carbonara recipe. Just realized I'll be using my healthy a option in it so no hot choc for me tonight!!

That chick pea Dahl sounds lovely! No morrisons near me unfortunately. I'm in Ireland. Wonder if anywhere here does it? Will keep an eye out! Going to try the slimmingeats carbonara recipe. Just realized I'll be using my healthy a option in it so no hot choc for me tonight!!

What a shame! You could try googling Sundar and see where they stock it maybe. They must have equivalents over there - Asda do a good chickpea dahl but I have no idea what the syn value is for that - please tell me you have Asda in Ireland! Where in Ireland are you? I have never been despite me being 1/4 Irish!

I havent tried the Slimming Eats one, but the one I do (recipe in my food diary) is to die for. If I have the syns I put 28g of chorizo in too (2.5 syns), hmmmm. Enjoy your tea tonight!

Yes we have Asda but not nearby! I'm in the northeast about 50km from Dublin.

The carbonara from slimmingeats was delicious!! Must try your recipe next time. Think I will go shopping tomorrow, need to stock up! Weather is awful here this evening, we took the dogs to the beach & only stayed for 10 mins. It's so stormy!!

I'm going out for lunch tomorrow but will try my best to be good! :)

Thursday 16.8.12

Breakfast: lemon & hot water, 2 weetabix (b) with milk (a)

Lunch: going out for lunch & hoping not to be too naughty!!

Snack: 1/2 melon & strawberries

Dinner: pizza topped chicken & chips. Fruit salad & mullerlight

Snack: purple snack & tea 5.5 syns

Syns: lunch & 5.5

Whyyyyyy oh why !!!!

Got a tuna wrap at lunchtime & followed it up with rhubarb crumble & ice cream.

Now I have a serious case of the munchies! And I can't even go out for a walk because it's pouring down. Oh well! I know when I'm back at work & in my routine I'll do much better :)

Friday 17.8.12

Breakfast: lemon & hot water, 1/2 a melon & strawberries.

Lunch: 2 slices wm bread (b) with sw chips & ketchup 2 syns, followed by apple, banana & mullerlight.

Snack: ML milkshake (a), banana

Dinner: sw spaghetti bolognese, melon, glass of white wine 6 syns

Snack: purple snack 5.5 syns

Total syns: 13.5

Saturday 18.8.12

I am determined to be good this weekend! Made a bit extra spaghetti bolognese yesterday to have for lunch today so that I wouldn't be tempted by salad rolls from the deli (which has become too regular in the past few months!) Went to the fruit shop again today and stocked up, so I have plenty to keep me going until Monday at least :)

We are going to one of the hotels that we viewed for our wedding today! We have an appointment at 3pm with the manager to talk about prices, etc. So excited! I really really love this place so I hope we can sort something out today. Just cannot wait to have a date set so that I have something definite to work toward.

Here's today's plan:

Breakfast: No lemon this morning just didn't feel like it! So had a banana, 2 weetabix (b) with milk from (a) and then a cup of coffee.

Snack: 2 satsumas & a purple snack!! I couldn't help myself! 5.5 syns already!

Lunch: Leftover spag bol followed by fruit salad of apple, banana, strawberries & Mullerlight.

Snack: Mullerlight milkshake with the rest of my (a) choice

Dinner: Don't know what to cook for dinner, might pop in to the butcher later and get some steaks.

I have a night out tomorrow with my bridesmaids! We are going to have some drinks in mine and then go out to the pub and maybe a nightclub. I am going to try my very best to be extra good. Plan is to stick to vodka & diet 7up at home, I'm saying approx 3 of them so 7.5 syns, and then maybe 1 or 2 more when I go out and then straight onto plain old diet 7up! Here's hoping I can stick to it! There's a bottle of prosecco in the fridge that I plan on opening tomorrow evening for the girls but I think if I do I'll want some! Aaahh!!

Sunday 19.8.12

Breakfast: melon & strawberries, 2 slices wm toast (b) with tomato

Lunch: leftover chicken biryani, apple banana & mullerlight

Snack: ml milkshake (a)

Dinner: sw Chinese takeaway (my local Chinese does sw options which were checked out by the consultant!!)

Drinks tonight: planning on 1 or 2 glasses of prosecco no idea of the syns... Then on to vodka & diet 7up, will post tomorrow how many I had!!

Back