Food Diary of a Bride to Be ....

teddysgoldengirl

Silver Member
Well the title explains everything really!

I've had a food diary on here before and updated it regularly enough with photos, etc. I didn't really have a time frame to lose weight but that all changed last Saturday when my boyfriend popped the big question! Of course I said yes and there were celebrations galore (causing me to gain 4lbs). Now that the celebrating is over (I hope) I am ready to get down to business.

I am currently 10st 6lbs and my mini goal is to get down to 9st 5lbs. Ideally I would love to be 9st for my wedding (no date has been set yet but it will be 2013/2014 so I'm giving myself plenty of time!)

So I've started this new diary to keep myself on track and hopefully get advice and inspiration from all of you wonderful people! Especially anyone who has done the whole wedding thing as I don't have a CLUE where to start planning that!

Tuesday 7.8.12

Breakfast: 1/2 a lemon squeezed into some hot water, followed by 2 hifi bars (heb)

Lunch: Small portion of SW spaghetti bolognese, followed by a fruit salad.

Snack: Apple, banana, tea.

Dinner: Chicken and broccoli pasta bake, with extra carrots!

Snack: Purple snack 5.5 syns, and tea

Total syns: 5.5

As I've just gotten back from holiday I don't have much shopping in! I'm going to try and plan out my meals for the week now and do up my shopping list. I am definitely determined!

Wednesday 8.8.12

Breakfast: 1/2 lemon with hot water, 2 weetabix (heb) with milk from allowance, 2 kiwis

Lunch: grilled chicken breast with mixed salad

Snack: banana & coffee, some grapes

Dinner: leftover chicken casserole, fruit salad & mullerlight

Snack: purple snack 5.5 syns & tea

Total syns: 5.5

I don't know if anyone is actually reading this but if you are please comment!!

Here's a pic of my engagement ring I couldn't resist sharing!!

Attachments

• image-3115976104.jpg
    image-3115976104.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 99
Hey there

I thought I would pop on and say a huge CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :love047:

Fantastic news, how long have you been together? Just judging as I am wondering if I will ever be asked by my boyfriend!!!

Foodwise, you are doing exactly what you are supposed to. But then you know what you are doing already as you have done so well already! I would suggest a handy hint if you are not already doing it, try and drink 2 litres of water on top of what you already drink during the day - I have been doing it for two weeks solid (I bought a 2 litre bottle of water from M&S for 48p and just fill it up in the mornings at work) - I have had two good losses so far. I wee like a race horse though! Also I have been eating either a punnet of strawbs everyday and/or a lot of melon, both SS foods.

Do you exercise?

Right enough boring food stuff, tell me about how he proposed, where he proposed, was it a surprise and what kind of wedding do you want? Your ring is beautiful by the way!

ps. What's purple snack?

Hi and congratulations on your engagement. There's no better incentive to lose weight than your own wedding! Good luck with your goals
Beautiful ring!

Thanks for the tips!! I really don't drink enough water I really have to work on that. I'm off work for the summer & I'm really looking forward to getting back in September so I can get back into my routine. I LOVE melon & strawberries too :)

I've been with my boyfriend since 2001 (!!!!!) he popped the question while we were on holiday in Lake Garda a couple of weeks ago, very romantic altogether!!!

I have two dogs so I walk them for approx 45 mins a day, I am considering joining curves in September.

Well done on your losses!

Ps a purple snack is this!!!

Attachments

• image-3209221210.jpg
    image-3209221210.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 106
Oh and I want a winter wedding!! We are hoping for December 2013 but no date set as of yet, we are having a look at a few venues for the reception! I'll be so busy planning I won't have time to eat :p

Thursday 9.8.12

STILL haven't had time to go shopping or do my meal plan. Will definitely do it this morning and post it on here when I'm done. Anyway, I have enough in the house to keep me going til this evening!

Breakfast: Lemon + hot water (I'm actually starting to enjoy this). Bowl of strawberries, melon + grapes. Rocky Road hifi (1/2 hb) + tea.

Snack: Banana + tea

Lunch: Roasted tomato, red onion + chilli pasta, followed by 2 satsumas + a Mullerlight greek yogurt (1/2 syn)

Snack: Rocky Road hifi (1/2 hb) + coffee

Dinner: Cottage pie ~ haven't had this in ages! Looking forward to it, and there should be enough leftover for tomorrow evening's dinner too :)

Snack: Purple snack - oh how I look forward to this!! and tea :)

I'm off to have a look on the slimmingeats website, I've tried a few things from there and they were all delicious. I found myself stuck in a rut as far as meals were concerned as I seemed to be doing the same things week after week. Hoping to shake things up a bit!

Thanks for the tips!! I really don't drink enough water I really have to work on that. I'm off work for the summer & I'm really looking forward to getting back in September so I can get back into my routine. I LOVE melon & strawberries too :)

I've been with my boyfriend since 2001 (!!!!!) he popped the question while we were on holiday in Lake Garda a couple of weeks ago, very romantic altogether!!!

I have two dogs so I walk them for approx 45 mins a day, I am considering joining curves in September.

Well done on your losses!

Ps a purple snack is this!!!

2001! Well its about time he ruddy proposed!!! I think I have a few more years to wait ....patiently *she says drumming her fingers*

So the purple snack is actually a snack that is purple! Is it just the packaging or is there a flavour in the chocolate or something? Curious!

Thursday 9.8.12

STILL haven't had time to go shopping or do my meal plan. Will definitely do it this morning and post it on here when I'm done. Anyway, I have enough in the house to keep me going til this evening!

Breakfast: Lemon + hot water (I'm actually starting to enjoy this). Bowl of strawberries, melon + grapes. Rocky Road hifi (1/2 hb) + tea.

Snack: Banana + tea

Lunch: Roasted tomato, red onion + chilli pasta, followed by 2 satsumas + a Mullerlight greek yogurt (1/2 syn)

Snack: Rocky Road hifi (1/2 hb) + coffee

Dinner: Cottage pie ~ haven't had this in ages! Looking forward to it, and there should be enough leftover for tomorrow evening's dinner too :)

Snack: Purple snack - oh how I look forward to this!! and tea :)

I'm off to have a look on the slimmingeats website, I've tried a few things from there and they were all delicious. I found myself stuck in a rut as far as meals were concerned as I seemed to be doing the same things week after week. Hoping to shake things up a bit!

Sounds like a lovely food day today - slimmingeats is a great webby eh? I can thoroughly recommend her balls! She has a recipe for bulgar wheat stuffing balls and the syn count is really really low, great with a roast chicken dinner, in fact I am going to do some for sunday dinner this week, you can have 6 balls for like 1 syn!!

Wow must try her balls ... that sounds wrong on so many levels!

Yeah we are together since 2001 but we got together when he was only 14 and I was 15 so we are childhood sweethearts!

I'm gonna try spaghetti carbonara this week along with slimmingeat's quick creamy pasta. Think I might have a bolognese bake as well. Love making dinners that last two nights so I can have a night off cooking!

There's no flavour in the choc in the purple snacks, it's just chocolate with a little bit of biscuit. They are lovely! You need to be careful though as they are only 5.5 syns if you get the multipack, the ones that are sold separately are something like 7 syns as they are bigger :)

How long have you been with your boyfriend?

teddysgoldengirl said:
Wow must try her balls ... that sounds wrong on so many levels!

Yeah we are together since 2001 but we got together when he was only 14 and I was 15 so we are childhood sweethearts!

I'm gonna try spaghetti carbonara this week along with slimmingeat's quick creamy pasta. Think I might have a bolognese bake as well. Love making dinners that last two nights so I can have a night off cooking!

There's no flavour in the choc in the purple snacks, it's just chocolate with a little bit of biscuit. They are lovely! You need to be careful though as they are only 5.5 syns if you get the multipack, the ones that are sold separately are something like 7 syns as they are bigger :)

How long have you been with your boyfriend?

Oh yes once you try her balls, you'll never want to try anyone else's again!! The only thing I don't put in my recipe that she puts in hers is apple, I don't do fruit and savoury, unless it's pineapple on pizza, that's acceptable!! They are even nice cold with salad the next day. Even Mick likes my balls!

Wowee that is a long time! How lovely being childhood sweethearts too...aaah!!! Me and Mick have been together 3 years next weekend. We met online, I am 36 and he is 43 so I think three years is time enough and he should, in the words of Beyonce, put a ring on it! I don't go on about it though it's a sure fire way of never being asked!!

I love making enough food so I can take leftovers to work for lunch, altho I am having spag carbonara tonight, there will be no leftovers!!!

Have a fun evening! X

A few subtle hints wouldn't go amiss!!

I will definitely try her balls I'm looking forward to them :)

Last night went a bit balls up syn wise, we had a visitor & I ended up sharing a bottle of red wine with her. And today I'm meeting a friend for lunch -I'll try to make good choices!!

Friday 10.8.12

Breakfast: currently enjoying my lemon & hot water. Next up will be melon & strawberries followed by a rocky road Hifi (1/2 heb)

Snack: banana & coffee

Lunch: something synful!!

Snack: pear, banana & Greek mullerlight (1/2 syn)
Rocky road Hifi (1/2 heb)

Dinner: leftovers from yesterday served with extra veg & a glass of milk (hea) - forgot to have this yesterday!! Followed by fruit salad & mullerlight.

Snack: purple snack 5.5 syns

Total syns: 6 & lunch so probably well over 15 :(

Saturday 11.8.12

Breakfast: lemon & hot water, 1/4 of a melon, 2 slices wm toast (heb) with tomatoes

Snack: purple snack 5.5 syns

Lunch: sw chips, egg & beans. Banana & pear

Snack: tub of whipped ice cream!! Why oh why??!? I'm saying over 15 syns?

Dinner: steak, wedges & mixed veg followed by fruit salad & mullerlight.

Syns: LOADS :(

Sunday 12.8.12

Ok so things went REALLY downhill today. We went to a wedding fair & I ended up "sampling" some wedding cake (loads) for research purposes of course & then we ordered soup & sandwiches which arrived on WHITE bread !! I am well & truly screwed today. Starting a new week tomorrow & will have loads of fruit & hopefully a miracle will happen & I'll have a loss on Tues!! Fingers crossed :(

Hi,

I read your posts and had to post myself... We are just the same weight and have the same goal weight.... I'm sure we'll get there!! :)

HUGE congratulations on your engagement... So exciting!! :D x x x

PS I'm sure you'll do great this week- it is disheartening when we have downhill days with lots of syns- but draw a line and get back to it tomorow - you'll be fine.... Just imagine how stunning you'll look on your wedding day!! :) x x x

Back