Food diary of a chunky girl

Emmou

Hi all,

I have decided to write my food diary on here, partly in order to discipline myself but also I would really appreciate any comments. I lost a pound in my first week but need to lose three stone over all so I have a long way to go!

I can not eat gluten, which sometimes makes the HEXB difficult, and tend to do Extra Easy. My downfall is going out, I live on my own so in order to get company in the evenings I tend to meet up with people for dinner, or at least drinks, which is why I gave up SW before.

Any advice or comments will be very appreciated.

And for today's diary:
Breakfast - bacon medallions & a fried egg with ketchup (1 syn). A pear.
Lunch - homemade bacon & leek soup. Another pear.
Dinner - Spicy beef, bean, shallot & red pepper stew with a jacket potato with benecol light (1 syn). Yet another pear. A probiotic yoghurt.
Snacks - honey (2 syns)

Total syns - 4
HEX's - neither done due to bare cupboards, will do better tomorrow!

Right, another not great day (I'm sure I'm usually better than this..... Or maybe not). Hopefully when I get my shopping tomorrow I will stick to it.

Breakfast - egg & bacon plus tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch - bacon & leek soup, a banana
Dinner - tesco bean salad (9 syns)
Drinks out - 4 gins (8 syns)

HEX A milk with tea
HEXB I didn't do

Syns - 18

I got the salad on the way home & thought it would be lower in syns than that, another example of a lack of planning blowing my syns.

X

Right, another not great day (I'm sure I'm usually better than this..... Or maybe not). Hopefully when I get my shopping tomorrow I will stick to it.

Breakfast - egg & bacon plus tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Lunch - bacon & leek soup, a banana
Dinner - tesco bean salad (9 syns)
Drinks out - 4 gins (8 syns)

HEX A milk with tea
HEXB I didn't do

Syns - 18

I got the salad on the way home & thought it would be lower in syns than that, another example of a lack of planning blowing my syns.

X

Hi hun, the only thing I would suggest is that at breakfast time there seems to be a bit of a lack in SuperFree foods.

Remember, 1/3rd of your plate needs to be SuperFree, so you might want to increase this. There is no problem with having bacon & eggs, but how about some mushrooms or tomatoes to go with it and boost your SF intake.

Also, try not to worry about going over your Syns yesterday. You only went over by 3 (the plan allows us to enjoy 5-15 Syns per day), and plus you only used 4 Syns the day before, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

How are you getting on today? xx

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for your comments. I did notice when I was writing it down that I was lacking fruit and veg. Partly due to a lack of food shopping but also I'm not terribly good at getting my five a day! Do you think fruit & a yoghurt would be better for breakfast?

How long have you been doing it?

X

And today's diary:-

Breakfast - ham, tomatoes & cooked peppers. A banana.
Lunch - sushi (3 syns) & a bean & veg tagine pot.
Snack - crab sticks
Dinner - steak with canellini beans & peppers in a tomatoes. 0% Greek yoghurt with options hot choc stirred in (2 syns). 2 clementines.

HEXA - milk
HEXB - 1 tbsp olive oil

Syns - 5

I was quite pleased with myself today as I'm tired & run down, which is usually where I go wrong & reach for the snickers but despite thinking about it a few times I pushed through it & feel better for it.

Hi Stevie,

Thanks for your comments. I did notice when I was writing it down that I was lacking fruit and veg. Partly due to a lack of food shopping but also I'm not terribly good at getting my five a day! Do you think fruit & a yoghurt would be better for breakfast?

How long have you been doing it?

X

Hi hun. Fruit and a yogurt would be equally just as good, but there really is no problem with having bacon and eggs, just maybe try it with some tomatoes or mushrooms to increase your SuperFree. I'd love a cooked breakfast, but I'm always in such a rush to get to work I never have chance lol!

I'm on my 8th week of Slimming World this week. This is my second time I've done SW though, and I'm a lot more motivated and determined this time. The past 2 weeks I've been pretty rubbish, and haven't really followed the plan properly. I gained half a pound last week, and then last night at weigh in I re-lost it. I'm determined that this week is going to be my week, and I'm going to have a great result at WI next Tuesday.

And today's diary:-

Breakfast - ham, tomatoes & cooked peppers. A banana.
Lunch - sushi (3 syns) & a bean & veg tagine pot.
Snack - crab sticks
Dinner - steak with canellini beans & peppers in a tomatoes. 0% Greek yoghurt with options hot choc stirred in (2 syns). 2 clementines.

HEXA - milk
HEXB - 1 tbsp olive oil

Syns - 5

I was quite pleased with myself today as I'm tired & run down, which is usually where I go wrong & reach for the snickers but despite thinking about it a few times I pushed through it & feel better for it.

See, your breakfast here looks perfect! Really yummy and plenty of SuperFree in there :drool: well done.

Well done resisting the chocolate. I'm feeling really rundown too, so I appreciate how hard it can be. Well done, you're doing great so far xx

Hi Stevie,

I'll keep on trying to bulk up on the superfoods. Thanks for the help, I don't go to a group so it really is appreciated .

Half a pound could just be a normal fluctuation couldn't it? Fingers crossed you have a good loss on Tuesday. I hope you feel a bit more perky soon. I'm taking lots of echinacea to try & keep a full blown cold at bay. But I think that's the problem with sitting in an air conditioned box all day!
X

Well today wasn't a brilliant day due to a few very stressful meeting plus dinner at a friends, but I think I did reasonably well all thing considering.

Breakfast- ciabatta, ham & tomatoes, a banana
Snack - falafels & banana
Lunch - missed
Snack - 18 pistachios (5 syns)
Dinner - pasta, peppers, chicken, chorizo (3 syns), tomato sauce (4 syns)

HEXA - milk for tea
HEXB - ciabatta

Syns - 12

Weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed.
X

It's weigh in tomorrow. I really hope I've lost something, even if it's just a little bit to keep my motivation up.

Breakfast - ciabatta with ham & tomato, clementine, 1 tsp honey (1 syn)
Lunch - Ragu with added carrot & celery
Snack - SW falafel, clementines x 4, 2 x crabsticks,
Dinner - Ragu with carrots, celery & a mound of broccoli, activia

HEXA - milk for tea
HEXB - ciabatta
Syns - 1

I may have made a slightly too large batch of ragu, as lunch tomorrow is ......

Dinner - pasta, peppers, chicken, chorizo (3 syns), tomato sauce (4 syns)

Mmm, that sounds soooo nice!! :drool:

So, it's weigh in day today for you! Hope you do really well hun. Let us know how you get on, good luck!! :D xx

Thanks Stevie. Well I lost a pound, not quite what I was hoping for but it us something. I was slightly cheered up about it after buying a size 12 dress today ( thank goodness for full skirts covering up those thunder thighs!)

I hope your weekend is going well
X

This weekend I'm visiting elderly relative so am going slightly off plan & aren't going to be very good (when will the excuses end?!?). Hopefully I can make it up next week.

Breakfast - ciabatta ham & tomato, satsumas
Lunch - Ragu with carrot & celery, satsumsas
Snack - sushi (3 syns), grapes
Dinner - and here's where it goes wrong! - chicken tikka & chips, full fat, creamy and fried.

Goodness knows how many syns......?

Still it was very yummy!

And second day of my Grandfathers effort to feed me up for Christmas. I'm already dreading my weigh in on Friday!

Breakfast - bacon (including fat) a fried egg (fried in oil), grilled tomatoes, 2 x toast with butter.
Lunch - blueberries & plums
Dinner - beef goulash, carrots & potatoes, followed by after eights

HEXA - lots of full fat milk in tea, so would syn if I was counting
HEXB - one of the pieces of toast

Syns - quite a lot I would imagine!

Today's equally bad food diary is:

Breakfast - 2 x toast with butter, blueberries
Lunch - roast beef, roast potatoes, swede & cabbage
And back on plan .....
Snack - crab sticks, apple, nectarine, raspberry
Dinner - poached salmon, jacket potato, broccoli, baby sweetcorn, sugar snap peas. Apple

I'm fully back on plan tomorrow & will male a real effort to up my superfree.

I'm definitely back on track today. Hopefully it isn't too little too late as far as this week goes, but if so I'll get back on it next week.

Also I've noticed that I'm snacking less, not consciously but just because I don't fancy it. Maybe it's because I've cut down on sugar? Whatever the reason I'm very pleased about it.

Breakfast - ciabatta, ham, tomato & a apple.
Lunch - ham hock, pea & mint salad
Snack - clementine x 3
Dinner - lamb and chickpea tagine with added tomatoes, onion, carrot, celery & dried apricots (2.5 syns), rice & broccoli. An apple & rhubarb muller light.

HEXA - milk for tea
HEXB - ciabatta
Syns - 2.5

Well done for getting back on track!!!

Today's food has been ....

Breakfast - ciabatta ham, tomatoes & an apple. Honey (1 syn)
Lunch - lamb, veg & chickpea tagine (3 syns for dried apricots). A punnet of blueberries
Snack - apple, crabsticks
Dinner - prawns with a huge veg stir fry, chilli sauce (6 syns)

HEXA - milk for tea
HEXB - ciabatta
Syns - 10 - I'm not sure I've made the most of my syns today, but I'd already bought the sauce before I'd checked the syns.

On other news, I feeling considerably more healthy than a did this time last month, which is just fabulous!

Back