Food diary of a chunky girl

Today I have been to the gym! Yes, me, I went to the gym! I went on the cross trainer for 30 minutes & burnt 294 calories. Woo hoo.

Food wise today went well too. I found the mini malteaser bunnies which were yummy & a nice treat for 3 syns. I left them at work though to avoid temptation at home!

I had a peak at the scales & they are looking good so fingers crossed they stay that way. I feel even more motivated to stay on track.

Tuesday food:
Breakfast - toast & smoked salmon pâté.
Snack - nori, chicken (s) & salad (s) rolls
Lunch - curried carrot soup (s s), apple(s)
Snack - apple (s), 2 malteaser bunnies (6 syns)
Dinner - cheese, bacon & tomato (s) omelette, ketchup (1 syn)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - bread
Syns - 7
Speed - 7
Exercise - gym!!!!

Well done you on going to the gym! Ooh mini malt easer bunnies sound awesome must find some! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

icklerockchick said:
Well done you on going to the gym! Ooh mini malt easer bunnies sound awesome must find some! X

Thanks ickle, I got a free pass so took advantage. I have 5 of them it I'm definitely not going to become a member - its so expensive!

The bunnies are awesome. I got them from tesco.

How are you doing?

Xx

I had another (naughty) sneak peak at the scales this morning. I'm still on track so fingers crossed for WI tomorrow.

I've just popped a veggie curry in the slow cooker & have a lovely free lunch in my bag so today should be fine.

Xx

Emmou said:
Thanks ickle, I got a free pass so took advantage. I have 5 of them it I'm definitely not going to become a member - its so expensive!

The bunnies are awesome. I got them from tesco.

How are you doing?

Xx

Cool will look out for them next time I go to tesco! :) yeh gyms are so expensive, even the council ones were too pricey for me! Have you tried jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD, it's only £5 and a great workout with 3 different levels as you get fitter. X

Right, it's Sunday & the task of working out my weekend syns begins........

Friday

Breakfast - fruit & yoghurt
Lunch - salmon salad, sweet corn salsa (2 syns)
Dinner - chicken & bacon salad, Parmesan, artichokes, a glass of champagne (4.5 syns)
2 glasses red wine (10 syns)

HEXA - missed
HEXB - oil for salad
Syns - 16.5

Saturday - trip to borough market!
Breakfast - melon, kiwi & yoghurt
Lunch - grilled scallops, bacon , bean sprouts
Snack - chocolate & raspberry brownie (16.5 syns)
Dinner - olives , pâté (4.5 syns), tomatoes, carrot sticks, toast (2 syns), rocqfort (HEXA), houmous (1.5 syns), taramasalata (4 syns)
2 x red wine (10 syns)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - bread
Syns - 38.5 syns!!!!!!! Crickey!!!!

Hello! Only me popping by again!!

I love reading through your diary and seeing all the lovely food that you are eating, it all sounds lush!!

I havn't made your chicken liver paté yet but I've spent the past few days feeling sorry for myself and pretending I'm not on a diet!!! But I'm back on plan now so it's next on my list!! :p

I noticed that next to the olives that you ate you didn't include any syns? I havn't been to a SW class for over a year and don't follow it religiously but for some reason I always thought olives were to be synned?? I'd be very, very happy if they are actually free??? lol..

And..salmon paté..even better???? Could you give me a quick run through the recipe?? Sorry to be a nosey parker lol.. your diary makes me hungry!! :D xx

icklerockchick said:
Cool will look out for them next time I go to tesco! :) yeh gyms are so expensive, even the council ones were too pricey for me! Have you tried jillian michaels 30 day shred DVD, it's only £5 and a great workout with 3 different levels as you get fitter. X

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that one a go. I always get a bit worried about doing DVDs indoors though incase the people downstairs complain!

X

kellythepeg said:
Hello! Only me popping by again!!

I love reading through your diary and seeing all the lovely food that you are eating, it all sounds lush!!

I havn't made your chicken liver paté yet but I've spent the past few days feeling sorry for myself and pretending I'm not on a diet!!! But I'm back on plan now so it's next on my list!! :p

I noticed that next to the olives that you ate you didn't include any syns? I havn't been to a SW class for over a year and don't follow it religiously but for some reason I always thought olives were to be synned?? I'd be very, very happy if they are actually free??? lol..

And..salmon paté..even better???? Could you give me a quick run through the recipe?? Sorry to be a nosey parker lol.. your diary makes me hungry!! :D xx

Hi Kelly,

How's your week going? Well done in getting back in plan. My week is going well but now we are over the hump all I can think about is my lie in on Saturday.

You are quite right about the olives! I had so many syns on that day I lost count! Sorry to disappoint. They were very yummy though.

The smoked salmon pâté is super easy. I got a packet of the smoked trimmings, which are good value, popped it in the blender with a couple of dessert spoons of quark, added dill & lemon juice & blitzed. Ta da! It's very scrummy.

Xx

Weds food:

Breakfast - toast & smoked salmon pâté, tomato (s)
Snack - apples (s s)
Lunch - chicken (s) & salad (s) nori roll, carrot & cumin soup (s s)
Snack - 3 malteaser bunnies (9 syns), plum (s)
Dinner - butternut squash & spinach curry (1 syn) (s s s), tomato (s) & cucumber (s) salad
Plum (s)

HEXA - missed
HEXB - toast
Syns - 10
Speeds - 14

WI was this morning & I lost .................2.5lbs!

I'm very pleased. I've tried really hard this week (if you ignore my trip to borough market), having been sticking to red, drinking green tea & have done a few 777 days.

If I can repeat it again next week I will be over the moon, but a lb will keep me on track to lose half a stone this month.

Xx

Well done on ur 2.5lb loss. My weigh in tonight. Got bad kidney infection and was told u retain fluid with it. Hope not. Wish me luck. Carry on the good work. Love ur food diaries x

Congrats on the loss, I love how a good loss really spurs you on x

lindilly said:
Well done on ur 2.5lb loss. My weigh in tonight. Got bad kidney infection and was told u retain fluid with it. Hope not. Wish me luck. Carry on the good work. Love ur food diaries x

Thanks lindilly, I'm really pleased with the loss, it's about time!

How did your weigh in go? Poor you having a kidney infection. Maybe if you retain fluid you should ignore this weeks WI? It will correct itself next week.

Have a good weekend
Xx

icklerockchick said:
Congrats on the loss, I love how a good loss really spurs you on x

Thanks. I really needed a loss as I was starting to feel a little despondent & was worried that if I didn't lose anything I would go off the rails. But I lost so it's ok & I'm feeling super motivated!

Have a lovely weekend

Xx

Ok, it's catch up time. I've not been great but I've certainly not been awful & I should be able to make it right from now on. Tomorrow I'm in all day so I'm back in track!

Thursday - a green day for a change
Breakfast - beans (s) & eggs on toast
Snack - yoghurt
Lunch - butternut squash & spinach curry (s s)& rice
Dinner - missed
2 x red wine (10 syns) & 2 gins (4 syns)

HEXA - milk
HEXB - toast
Syns 14
Speed - 3 i.e. very bad!

Friday - back on red
Breakfast - bacon (I'd run out of food in the house!) & yogurt
Lunch - salmon, salad (s s) with mango dressing (2 syns) & almonds (2 syns), fruit salad (s)
Snack - fruit salad (s), mozzarella
Dinner - smoked salmon & truffle with oil (HEXB). Suckling pig, gravy (1.5 syns), broccoli (s) & green beans (s)
2 x red wine (10 syns) 2 x gin (4 syns)
Midnight snack (literally)- ham

HEXA - mozzarella
HEXB - oil
Syns - 19.5
Speed - 6

The plan for next week is to keep up with the green tea, keep up with the 777 for at least 4 days & keep up the positive thinking!!

Night night

Xx

Saturday's diary
Breakfast - ham, eggs & tomatoes (s)
Snack - apple (s)
Lunch - toast & smoked salmon pâté, apple (s)
Snack - sugar snap peas (s), toast (7 syns) & benecol (2 syns)
dinner - salmon with samphire (see picture, very yummy) , activia

HEXA - missed
HEXB - toast
Syns - 9
Speed - 5

I've also been brewing lovely tangerine green tea & watching Americas biggest loser in my pyjamas. What a great day!

Attachments

• image-2453747499.jpg
    image-2453747499.jpg
    439.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Well what a lovely day I have had, out in the lovely sun, in the city I love with good friends & some lovely food.

I have definitely gone over my syns (I haven't counted them yet....) but after my loss last week having spread my syns out over the week I'm working on the assumption that this will work for me as long as I don't go to horrendously over on a single day. Last week I had enough for 9 a day after my weekend so I am aiming for the same. If it works that will be great because it will allow me to follow plan long long term. Let's see..

So today's food:

Breakfast - toast & SW pâté, apple (s)
Snack - banana
Lunch - Turkish lamb salad (3 syns) ( s s)
Chocolate brownie (15 syns & to be honest worth every syn!)
2 x G&T (4 syns)
Dinner - salmon salad (s s) with coronation dressing (1 syn)

HEXA - missed
HEXB - toast
Syns - 23
Speed - 5
Exercise - a very long walk

Attachments

• image-3188830471.jpg
    image-3188830471.jpg
    454.9 KB · Views: 45
Ok, totting up my syns I've used 65.5 syns in the first 4 days of the week. That's 16.5 per day, so only slightly over the recommended. So I've got 39.5 for the rest of the week, i.e. 13 per day. I'm going to aim for 7 per day though. Very doable.

I'm quite pleased with this - let's just hope my logic is right!

Xx

Back