Food diary of a chunky girl

Assessing the damage!

OK, it time to work out just how bad I have been this weekend!

Saturday
Breakfast - bacon, beans (HEXB)
Snack - syn free carrot Soup
Lunch - sea bream, parma ham (0.5 syns) I assume cooked in oil (1 syn) with leeks (s), samphire (s_) & sauce (5 syns)
Gin x 8 (16 syns) a mojitio (15 syns) :break_diet:
Syns 37.5

Sunday
Breakfast - missed
Lunch - missed
Dinner - spring rolls (10 syns), prawn crackers (15 syns), thai fishcakes (5 syns):break_diet: (all of these values are complete guesses and I have tried to air on thecautious side but I could be way off

Syns - 30

I am really quite disgusted with myself looking at that. I have always known that drinking is a particular problem in my weight managemetn but that is an awful lot of syns on booze and rubbish. Oh well, I shall continue but am feeling quite annoyed with myself.

Looking at that on the weekly basis I had between Thursday and Sunday 81.5 syns :cry:That leaves me 23.5 for the rest of the week, which is very doable but it doesn't feel like the right way to do it.

Oh well, onwards and upwards!!

I'm feeling a bit perkier than earlier (that will be the hang over blues I guess), I've had a weekend off & it's not the end of the world.

So today's food has been:

Breakfast - toast & benecol (1 syn), plum (s), chai latte (3 syns)
Snack - melon (s), grapes, apple (s)
Lunch - garden salad (s s), salmon, dressing (1.5 syns), malteaser bunny (3 syns), yoghurt (1 syn)
Snack - apple (s)
Dinner - (less dinner more snacking whilst I tidied) - salmon, beetroot (s), half bacon omelette with chilli sauce (1 syn)

HEXA - milk
HEXB - toast
Syns - 9.5
Speed - 7

I am worst food wise at weekends too, have changed my weigh in from Monday's to Fridays now as I hope this will work better for me. The main thing is drawing a line under it and just getting on with it :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

icklerockchick said:
I am worst food wise at weekends too, have changed my weigh in from Monday's to Fridays now as I hope this will work better for me. The main thing is drawing a line under it and just getting on with it :) x

Thanks ickle. Today is indeed a new day & I am moving on. I need to stop being so hard in myself, I'm in it for the long term!
How are you getting on?

Xx

A much better day today & maybe if I am super good tomorrow the scales might be slightly forgiving.

Also I did a three mile walk ski feel good for that.

Breakfast - toast, pâté, tomatoes (s)
Snack - apple (s), malteaser bunny (3 syns)
Lunch - spinach & sugarsnap salad (s s) with chilli dressing (1 syn), chicken & salad nori roll (s s s), 2 x plum (s)
Snack - banana, plums (s), cheese (HEXA ) & chilli sauce (1 syn)
Dinner - curried salmon (1 syns) stir fry veg (s s)

HEXA - cheese
HEXB - toast
Syns - 6
Speed - 11 - woo hoo!

On other positive news someone bought me a big cake despite knowing I was on a diet & I gave it away. It was a struggle as I was feeling a bit despondent, but I did it.

Well done sounds like you are right back on track with all that speed food! :) just plodding on as usual, need to get more fruit and veg eaten but not much money for food at the moment sadly :-( at least I can afford some frozen stuff! X

Emmou said:
Hi weebee,

Wow you're doing really well! You must be so proud of yourself. Red days worked well for me so it might be worth a go. Where are you going for your holiday?

Yes I make my own syn free pate. I cook a packet of chicken livers with herbs & an onion, then I put it in the blender with a few spoons of quark & Ta da! It's done. It's my new favourite thing.

Em x

An gonna give this a try, thanks for sharing x

Am off to Mexico so would like to lose about another 7 pounds in 4 weeks....bring on the red days :)

weebee said:
An gonna give this a try, thanks for sharing x

Am off to Mexico so would like to lose about another 7 pounds in 4 weeks....bring on the red days :)

Have a fab time. Let me know how you get on with red days.

icklerockchick said:
Well done sounds like you are right back on track with all that speed food! :) just plodding on as usual, need to get more fruit and veg eaten but not much money for food at the moment sadly :-( at least I can afford some frozen stuff! X

I'm sorry to hear that. Food just keeps on going up & up doesn't it? I haven't got a freezer so feel like I miss out on all sorts of bargains.

Have you got a fruit market or stall near you? I've stopped getting my fruit from supermarkets as it was just so expensive. You can get huge big bowls of fruit for £1 if you have any near you.

Anyone know any healthy lunches I can prepare the night before!?

So far losing 3lb a week but struggling a little in the evenings x

To try & get me properly back on track I've done my menu for next week. It includes:

Chicken tikka skewers
Red pepper pate
Beef kofte with beetroot salsa
Spicey butternut squash & carrot soup
Szechuan duck salad
Persian chicken stew

I can't wait!

Emmou said:
I'm sorry to hear that. Food just keeps on going up & up doesn't it? I haven't got a freezer so feel like I miss out on all sorts of bargains.

Have you got a fruit market or stall near you? I've stopped getting my fruit from supermarkets as it was just so expensive. You can get huge big bowls of fruit for £1 if you have any near you.

Sadly theres only really a farmers market but it's pretty posh - mostly expensive fancy sausages and cheeses rather than veg! Until then will make do with whatever's on offer in lidl and frozen stuff. Can't wait for my injury to heal so can get back to work and making money again! X

icklerockchick said:
Sadly theres only really a farmers market but it's pretty posh - mostly expensive fancy sausages and cheeses rather than veg! Until then will make do with whatever's on offer in lidl and frozen stuff. Can't wait for my injury to heal so can get back to work and making money again! X

Oh yeah, farmers markets are probably not the way forward if you want to cheap stuff. Lidl's is very good though. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to work, that must suck. I hope you get back to it soon
Xx

KylaM88 said:
Anyone know any healthy lunches I can prepare the night before!?

So far losing 3lb a week but struggling a little in the evenings x

That's an amazing weight loss, well done you!!

Lunch wise I do salads, nori wraps, soups & left overs from the night before. Any SW friendly meal I fancy really.

I've been reading about boosting metabolism & have read in a few places about varying calorie intake day to day.

"Let's say your target is 1500 calories per day. You could eat every day 1500 calories or you could eat during weekdays 1300 calories and during the weekend 2000 calories. This way you will not feel frustrated and you will be able to stay on track for a longer period of time."

Also apparently (according to us biggest loser) it stops your body entering starvation mode.

I like the idea of this & only partially because it's what I naturally do!!

Xx

Emmou said:
I've been reading about boosting metabolism & have read in a few places about varying calorie intake day to day.

"Let's say your target is 1500 calories per day. You could eat every day 1500 calories or you could eat during weekdays 1300 calories and during the weekend 2000 calories. This way you will not feel frustrated and you will be able to stay on track for a longer period of time."

Also apparently (according to us biggest loser) it stops your body entering starvation mode.

I like the idea of this & only partially because it's what I naturally do!!

Xx

I kind of do this too. I use on average 5 syns per day mon - fri and roll over 5 on these days and that covers my alcohol on sat nights. I also allow myself 15 syns on a Sat and 10 on a Sunday.

weebee said:
I kind of do this too. I use on average 5 syns per day mon - fri and roll over 5 on these days and that covers my alcohol on sat nights. I also allow myself 15 syns on a Sat and 10 on a Sunday.

Has you found it is has effected your weight loss at all?

To be honest if doing it like this means I stick to plan for longer then I think it is better to do this to stop me feeling deprived. And because I like a drinkie at the weekend!

Emmou said:
Oh yeah, farmers markets are probably not the way forward if you want to cheap stuff. Lidl's is very good though. I'm sorry to hear you are unable to work, that must suck. I hope you get back to it soon
Xx

Thanks it's driving me crazy having all this free time, been off since start of December but hopefully be back in the next month or so. Broke my ankle in several places so had to get pins and plates in so it's just getting used to walking again :) will be good to be able to exercise again too wierd that I miss it!

I agree about the weekend thing, I always have a bit extra at weekend and means I could keep this up for life or well as long as necessary! X

Weds food:

Breakfast - toast, pâté, tomatoes (s)
Snack - melon (s s), grapes, 2 x malteaser bunnies (6 syns)
Lunch - curried salmon (0.5 syns), salad (s) & sprouting seeds
Snack - cherry tomatoes (s) & plums (SS s)
Dinner - curried salmon (.5 syns), salad (s s), coronation sauce (1 syn), banana,, plum (s), malteaser bunny (3 syns)

HEXA - milk
HEXB - toast
Syns - 11
Speed - 10

WI tomorrow, I'm quite nervous!

Xx

icklerockchick said:
Broke my ankle in several places so had to get pins and plates in so it's just getting used to walking again :) will be good to be able to exercise again too wierd that I miss it!

Oh you poor thing. Well done for sticking to plan, I would be straight on the comfort food.

I hope you have been well looked after & get better soon xx

Back