FOOD DIARY SHEETS

SLACK ALICE

Silver Member
Just thought I would let you know what I've done with my food diary sheets- I find it works a whole lot better and I can see all my 'days' at a glance instead of turning the page over!!
I got fed up with keep asking at group for some sheets (they only gave me 2/3- I know this is probably incase I leave then I havent got loads)
So what I did was- taped 2 sheets together-(take 2 food diaries ,turn one over and tape to the other one , making sure its lined up)
Then I put it in my scanner/photocopier/printer and printed out loads .Then i bought a A4 display book and put them all in that.
So now all I do is fill the days in and slide sheet back in the folder and since ive been doing it like this, its been a lot easier just to look back over the weeks and compare what ive been eating and quickly see the difference.
It works for me !!
anyone got any other handy ideas they do to help them with the 'paperwork!'
I also have a small book that I write all the syns of my common foods that I eat
because I have a memory like a sieve

I have a slight stationary obsession and slight ocd about everything being perfect. So i have an a4 pukka pad with sections, in one i have food diarys, in another i have syn values of all the stuff i eat the most, in another i have recipes. I have a bad memory so it helps to write everything down.

thats a really good idea! i think i might have to do that. we do have a folder full of recipes that we've got off the internet, and outta the sw magazines.
thank you!
xxxxxxxxxx

thats a really good idea! i think i might have to do that. we do have a folder full of recipes that we've got off the internet, and outta the sw magazines.
thank you!
xxxxxxxxxx

thats ok, happy to help xx

:)

Just thought I would let you know what I've done with my food diary sheets- I find it works a whole lot better and I can see all my 'days' at a glance instead of turning the page over!!
I got fed up with keep asking at group for some sheets (they only gave me 2/3- I know this is probably incase I leave then I havent got loads)
So what I did was- taped 2 sheets together-(take 2 food diaries ,turn one over and tape to the other one , making sure its lined up)
Then I put it in my scanner/photocopier/printer and printed out loads .Then i bought a A4 display book and put them all in that.
So now all I do is fill the days in and slide sheet back in the folder and since ive been doing it like this, its been a lot easier just to look back over the weeks and compare what ive been eating and quickly see the difference.
It works for me !!
anyone got any other handy ideas they do to help them with the 'paperwork!'
I also have a small book that I write all the syns of my common foods that I eat
because I have a memory like a sieve

i may do this but with a photo album, so its easier to see through :D

Jude said:
I have a slight stationary obsession and slight ocd about everything being perfect. So i have an a4 pukka pad with sections, in one i have food diarys, in another i have syn values of all the stuff i eat the most, in another i have recipes. I have a bad memory so it helps to write everything down.

I live this idea. I personally think the diary sheets are in need of re-designing. They don't read very well once you put all your food in the right sections. I think they need to get there marketing team on it and some up with something new! You really wouldn't think that they were designed in 2011!

I know its awful isnt it. the syns section is way too small considering you have to write the name of the thing and the syns in it, then total up. The HEXAB bit needs to really have 2 lines for the ones on green/red and I dont like how all the days free and superfree go into one wee space with no obvious seperation for meals.... not fussy at all am i :p

hannata said:
I know its awful isnt it. the syns section is way too small considering you have to write the name of the thing and the syns in it, then total up. The HEXAB bit needs to really have 2 lines for the ones on green/red and I dont like how all the days free and superfree go into one wee space with no obvious seperation for meals.... not fussy at all am i :p

I'm glad it's not just me!!!

hannata said:

I number what I write down so I can see what I eat for each meal (i.e. 1 for breakfast, 2 for morning snack, etc.).

I love the ideas!

This is the weekly sheet that I use........
It starts on a Friday as weigh-in is Thursday.
I write the syn's with the Hea & Heb's in with each meal

weeklysheet001.jpg

Here is a completed sheet, I apologize for the poor writing, I use a pencil and it doesn't photocopy very well!
WeekySheet-2001.jpg

Back