Food Diary - Where am I Going Wrong? Help Needed... :) Red & Green Days X

Lillyxx

Hi Everyone,
Hope your all ok and having a good slimming week.

A little about me..

I started Slimming World again by doing it at home on the 15th January 2015. I have been doing Slimming World on and off since about the age of 14 and I'm now 29. Instead of going to group this time round, I'm doing it alone at home. I work 80+ hours a week, from home, so its just easier for me to do it this way, but the bad thing about working from home is, I'm always on my bum and always near the kitchen haha.

This time is a little different, I am turning 30 next January, and I am determined to turn 30 a much happier ( and slimmer ) Lol, person. Along with that I have lots of different important events throughout this year which are really helping with motivation and incentive too, which i find really helps me.

To cut a long story a little shorter...

I write down what I eat every day in a diary, i find it helps me the most, but the weight losses I have been having the last 4 weeks, just don't seem enough, it may just be that is how my body is coping with it, but I feel someone like me who has a lot to lose, 7 stone at least, the losses should be a bit more significant, especially with the effort I am putting in also.

I have 7 stone at least to loose and because of this i haven't set a target or anything like that, I just want to get healthy, slim and happy. I would personally just love to fit in to a size 16 at the moment, still big for some but I'm never going to be a super slim girl, but that alone would just make me happy.

I am going to start writing my food diaries online now in hope that If i am doing something wrong which is affecting my weight loss, someone is out there who can help me and steer me in the right direction :)

Thank you for reading :) xx

Last edited:
My first day recording online.. :)

Day - Extra Easy

Breakfast -
2 Weektabix - Healthy Extra B
Unsweetended Almond Milk - Healthy Extra A
8 Raspberries - Free
Tesco stevia sweetener - Free
3 large green tea's with fresh lemon

Lunch -
1 large Jacket Potato - Free
2 Light Laughing Cow Triangles - 1 and a half syns each.
2/3 of a tin of tuna in sping water - Free
Large salad - Cumcumber, peppers, lettuce, spinach, red onion, carrot. - Free
3 table spoons of - lighter than light mayo - 1.5 syn.

Dinner -
Slimming world chicken and vegetable pie - 1.5 syns - Cheese triangle in the mash.
Half a breast of chicken / Topping of mash / Veg - Carrots, pea's mushrooms, onions, broccolli - made with chicken stock.
Served with extra pea's - Free

Desert -
A slice of 3 syn Slimming World cake. ( Normally half a syn, but I added 2.5 syns of cocoa powder to it when making it ) - 1 syn

Snack - 3 small Slimming World chunky bean burgers on there own - Free.

Drinks - 750ml of plain water.
3 large green tea with fresh lemon

Syns -
2 Laughing Cow Light Triangles - 3 syns.
3 table spoons of - lighter than light mayo - 1.5 syn.
Slimming world chicken and vegetable pie - 1.5 syns - Cheese triangle in the mash.
A slice of 3 syn Slimming World cake - 1 syn.
Total - 7 syns.

Here's to tomorrow.x

Last edited:
Hi hun found u...
My lil girls talkin to her self in her cot right now so at 323 in the morning what better time to come onto minis lol!
U work 80 hours a week doin what hun?
My birthday is in january as well whens urs?
Your food looks fab hun
Xxx

Hi hun found u...
My lil girls talkin to her self in her cot right now so at 323 in the morning what better time to come onto minis lol!
U work 80 hours a week  doin what hun?
My birthday is in january as well whens urs?
Your food looks fab hun
Xxx

Ohh bless her! But i'm sure you weren't thinking that at 3.23am! Haha.

I am an assistant manager for an online gaming company, we provide chat moderation in online bingo rooms :) So its a lot of hours and work but all sat on my bum, which obviously does me no good on a diet! Haha x

My birthday is January 7th, when is yours? I'm dreading it just a bit, 30 sounds scary to me lol, but it is giving me the push i need this year to get my bum in gear, just for something as simple as wanting to wear a gorgeous dress if i go out for it or something. Plus it is my Mum's 60th in July this year, and she is having a party, so will be a big family get together, so that is being a big incentive to me as well.

How about you, have you got anything that is pushing you to keep on the wagon this year more than any other? xx

My brother is gettin married in May its a low key weddin but still ill b in a dress!! Then were wanting Emily christened this yr and there is also our friends babies christening so a few social events where a dress is needed lol!!
Aaawww sounds fun tho..never worked from home but i used 2 love my call centr ejob wen i used 2 work for o2!!

My birthday is January 25th so at the end! My husband went 30 in december and he dreading it but now says he feels no different to wen he was 21 haha xxx

My brother is gettin married in May its a low key weddin but still ill b in a dress!! Then were wanting Emily christened this yr and there is also our friends babies christening so a few social events where a dress is needed lol!!
Aaawww sounds fun tho..never worked from home but i used 2 love my call centr ejob wen i used 2 work for o2!!

My birthday is January 25th so at the end! My husband went 30 in december and he dreading it but now says he feels no different to wen he was 21 haha xxx

Haha oh thats good to hear, gives me some bit of hope, i only feel 17 in my head! lol x

Oh your year sounds like it is pretty full as well, always good to have something to keep us moving. I bet you will be in to a gorgeous dress before you know it! xx

13th February - Day - Green ( Old school )

Breakfast -
2 Weektabix - Healthy Extra B
Unsweetended Almond Milk - Healthy Extra A
Large banana - Free
2 large green tea with fresh lemon

Lunch -
Slimming world / home made - Vegetable soup with a few pasta shells - Free.
1 piece of wholemeal bread - Healthy extra B
Butter - 2 syns

Dinner -
Slimming world Vegetable chilli - Free
2 potatoes - Made as slimming world wedges - Free
Large salad - peppers, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, carrot, red onion - Free
25g of grated cheese - Healthy extra A

Drinks -
750ml litre of plain water.

Syns -
Butter - 2 syns
( I am sure you can have 2 A's and B's on a green day, but I know the more modem plans have come in to play now, so if that isn't the case, I will class my slice of wholemeal bread as 6 syns and the cheese as 5 syns, taking me to 13 syns for the day. )

Prepping for tomorrow's menu now, being Valentines I'm finding a nice stay at home Slimming world meal.xx

Haha oh good that gives me some hope then! I still feel 17 in my head, got to remember its just a number! Lol x

Your year sounds like it is filling up fast too! All sounds great, don't worry I'm sure you will be getting yourself in to a gorgeous dress before you know it! xx

Happy Valentines day everyone! xx

Day - Extra Easy

Breakfast -
3 Weektabix - Healthy Extra B + 1 for 3 syns
Milk - Healthy Extra A
Large banana - Free

Lunch -
Slimming world / home made - Vegetable soup - with pasta shells - Free.

Valentines Dinner -
Sirlon steak cooked in fry light with spices - Free
Jacket potato - Free
Large salad - peppers, cucumber, lettuce, spinach, carrot, red onion - Free
Slimming world cheesy garlic mushroom sauce - garlic grinder, mushrooms, 3 light laughing cow triangles heated in the microwave, gorgeous! - 4.5 syns

Drinks -
750ml litre of plain water.

Syns -
3 light laughing cow triangles - 4.5 syns
1 weetabix - 3 syns
Total - 7.5 syns

I am already planning tomorrow's meals, planning is helping me so much at the moment, it is definitely the key x

Yum ir dinner sounda lovely... i wish i liked steak!! I like to plan i normally plan on a morning and i feel it helps me as well hun xxx

Hiya Lily. As you probably now there is not any official red and green days now. That does not mean you can`t do them, of course you can. It would still be 2 a`s and 2 b`s.

On the new EESP it is 1a and 2b`s.

If it works works for you keep having both a`s and 2 b`s.

One thing I do find for myself, I still have portions too big. So as a Friday weigher I check my weight Wed 1st thing. If not looking good I have a couple of light days. Suits me, not for everyone. I have been doing this since new year and am losing 1lb per week which is good enough for me.

Your food looks very good. I only mention the above because it works for me.

Yum ir dinner sounda lovely... i wish i liked steak!! I like to plan i normally plan on a morning and i feel it helps me as well hun xxx

You should try the sauce of chicken hun, I know you said you eat a lot of it, it is really gorgeous, I would have it even if it I wasn't on a diet, feels really naughty x

Hiya Lily. As you probably now there is not any official red and green days now. That does not mean you can`t do them, of course you can. It would still be 2 a`s and 2 b`s.

On the new EESP it is 1a and 2b`s.

If it works works for you keep having both a`s and 2 b`s.

One thing I do find for myself, I still have portions too big. So as a Friday weigher I check my weight Wed 1st thing. If not looking good I have a couple of light days. Suits me, not for everyone. I have been doing this since new year and am losing 1lb per week which is good enough for me.

Your food looks very good. I only mention the above because it works for me.

Hi Nanny,

Thanks so much for the information, I knew they didn't do those days anymore, but I have no clue about any of the news ones, so I am just going along with the old ones as it is what I know the best, so hoping they do still work haha.

I will try what you said, have a sneaky weigh in Tuesday maybe, as I weigh in on Thursdays, see how its looking and maybe do a few " red " days haha, and keep it a bit lighter with less carbs and see if i see an improvement.

I have found that writing my food diaries on here is really helping, more than just doing it at home, so I am really hopefully of a good loss this week, fingers crossed! Thank you again x

15th February - Green Day

Breakfast -
3 Weektabix - Healthy Extra B + 3 syns
Milk - Healthy Extra A
banana - Free

Lunch -
Slimming world / home made - Vegetable soup - with pasta shells - Free.
Whole Meal Bread - Healthy Extra B
Bit Extra Bread as I was starving! - 5 syns
Butter - 2 syns

Dinner -
Slimming World Mushroom Stroganoff ( added peppers to this, the recipe didn't call for them, but the picture of the recipe had them in lol ) - Free
Rice - Free - Large portion

Drinks -
1.5 litre of plain water.

Syns -
1 weetabix - 3ysns
Bit of Extra Bread - 5 syns
Butter - 2 syns
4 squares of chocolate - 5 syns
Total - 15 syns

I've filled up on carbs quite a lot today and used all of my syns, last night i was kept awake with terrible hunger pains till the very early hours, I must not be eating enough maybe? I'm not too sure, but today I have filled up so i can get a good nights sleep lol, all free food bar my syns but obviously haven't practiced great portion control :( Fingers crossed it doesn't affect my weigh in this week x

Hi there...the worst thing is get hungry that's when your body goes into starvation mode and weight loss will slow right down...i'm not saying to eat two servings of everything but eat until you are full...my consultant always used to say "the more you eat, the more you lose!"
Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Hiya! I have a lot to lose too, my own target for this year is 5 stone but I'd say I could do with losing 7 realistically. Just wanted to say your diaries look good and to lend a bit of support, you are not alone :) I only do EE days because I can't get my head around anything else just yet x

Hi there...the worst thing is get hungry that's when your body goes into starvation mode and weight loss will slow right down...i'm not saying to eat two servings of everything but eat until you are full...my consultant always used to say "the more you eat, the more you lose!"
Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Hiya,

Ohhh I hope that is true because I feel like after the amount I have eaten today I should loose at least a stone in that case haha.
Mine always used to say the same as well, I struggle because I start work at 9am and finished at 12am most days, so i have normally finished all my meals and syns come 7pm, so come 12am when i finish I am starving again but I don't want to eat that late, but then because I feel so hungry its keeping me awake.
I have made a bit of a list today of things I could make up and keep and snack at night which hopefully wont hinder me too much, or I'm going to start having free breakfasts so I can use my A's and B's in the evening maybe, just for some cereal or something? I know the obvious choice would be fruit, but I rarely keep it in the house as its only me that eats it and so much goes to waste.
Thank you for your support I appreciate it :)x

Hiya! I have a lot to lose too, my own target for this year is 5 stone but I'd say I could do with losing 7 realistically. Just wanted to say your diaries look good and to lend a bit of support, you are not alone :) I only do EE days because I can't get my head around anything else just yet x

Hiya :) Good luck with your target hun, hope your meet it! I appreciate the support thank you, you often do feel alone don't you, but nice to know Im not! Haha. I have only just learnt about the EE days actually, I started Slimming World yearssssss ago, when they only had Red and Green days, so i tend to just follow those even though they don't teach them anymore, I'm just hoping they haven't stopped teaching them because they don't work anymore haha! Thanks you again x

Back