Food Directory

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
Hi a quick question my food directory is out of date (2007) and I know I can buy a 2011 one on-line probably be about £15-20 I just wondered if I was brave enough to join class do I get one when I join or do I have to buy one and if so how much would it cost?

Thanks
xx

You don't get one when you join, but you would have free access to the website so you could look any syns up. I have the 2010 food directory that I bought when I joined and it cost £7.50, but to be honest I don't use it, as I always look it up on the website.

Thanks Mummy Helen it was just I was browsing my old one last night and think I might find it useful for making up a shopping list so I know beforehand which brands are lower syn etc (I usually have my 1 and 3 year old with so reasonably quick shops are essential!).

Is the website easy to navigates and would it help me with my shopping lists etc?

xx

I find it easy enough to navigate, you just put the brand name into the syns online, then the product and if it's on there it will give you the syn values, there's also a syns calculator for things that aren't on the syns list so you can just put nutritional values in and it will give you the syns.

hi you get a food optimising book when you join which contains a food directory, which tells you a lot of your HE A's & B's & syn values for your main foods , you can usually join for £10 to get your starter pack(cheaper than ebay) it is worth having, especially when shopping etc as you can take it with you x

Back